Author Topic: Brawl & Fist Fights erupt at Reid, Angle election forum.  (Read 4227 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Brawl & Fist Fights erupt at Reid, Angle election forum.
« on: September 24, 2010, 05:32:16 AM »
Sep. 23, 2010
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

Brawl erupts at Reid, Angle election forum

By LAURA MYERS
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

________________________ ________________________ ______

Supporters of U.S. Sen. Harry Reid and his GOP challenger Sharron Angle brawled at the end of a Senate race forum at a local Christian school.

A half-dozen bystanders tried to separate the combatants, one male Angle backer and two female Reid supporters, before security guards intervened.

"I didn't expect anything like this, not in a million years," said the Rev. Robin Joyce, one of the organizers of the event at Faith Lutheran Junior/Senior High School in Summerlin. "Our whole aim was to have an educational forum to hear from the candidates about their economic positions."

Instead, tempers flared in the high-stakes race between the Democratic incumbent and the Tea Party upstart three weeks before early voting starts Oct. 16.

"He punched me twice, so I punched him back twice," Kay Mehta said as she nursed a red, tearing eye and waited for police to arrive. "I was just defending myself."

No arrests were made. Police interviewed those involved for a report on the incident. The names of all of the participants were not released.

At the start of the 7 p.m. forum, the audience was asked not to applaud or to shout out as Reid answered questions in a prerecorded videotape because he is in Washington, D.C. Angle answered a moderator's questions live from the stage.

But partisan members of the audience became boisterous as the hourlong forum progressed. As Angle was giving her closing statement, a stream of Reid supporters among the 800-member audience began to leave the auditorium, which has close rows of theater-style seating.

A Reid backer, Kelly Tanaka, said one male Angle supporter refused to let her pass in front of him.

She alleged he tried to push her over the seats in front of him when she tried to pass. That is when the Reid and Angle partisans began to tussle and then exchange blows.

Tanaka accused the Angle supporter of hitting her. Mehta said she then got involved. Some bystanders said one of the women shoved the man back into his seat when he tried to get up.

The fight escalated after Angle finished speaking and blew a kiss to supporters in the audience. She left quickly to catch a flight to Reno as the scuffle disrupted the auditorium.

"I was just trying to get him off her," said Mehta, a Reid supporter. "We were just trying to get by."

The auditorium was packed mostly with conservative Republican Angle supporters who were drawn to the event sponsored by the Faith Lutheran Business Advisory Council, the Christian Businessmen's Network, Businesswomen for Christ and Media Fellowship International.

Reid backers appeared to account for up to one-fifth of the audience judging by reactions from the crowd, including scattered boos and jeers when Angle was speaking.

Some of Reid's videotaped answers attracted rude noises and open scoffing from the Angle crowd.

The loudest protests came when Reid made his closing statement and made the case, using a baseball analogy, about why voters should give him a fifth term.

"Why would you pull somebody out of the game that's done so much for the state of Nevada?" Reid asked.

His remark elicited scattered boos and scoffing. One man said derisively, "Ha, ha, ha."

In Angle's closing remarks, she said voters should choose her because she will do what she says, including voting against tax hikes as she did as a Reno assemblywoman. She said she voted against taxes and fees more than 100 times, while Reid has voted for them more than 300 times.

"They can trust me," Angle said of voters. "I kept my promises, and I will keep my promises as your U.S. senator."

A man interrupted, calling out, "You lie!" Angle ignored him.

Reid and Angle largely kept to their standard campaign talking points during the forum.

The incumbent touted his record of pushing for more renewable energy projects to create jobs in Nevada, and he defended the Democrats' stimulus spending.

Angle said the best way to create new jobs is to cut taxes and regulations on businesses to free them to hire people without fear of increasing the costs of doing business.

Reid and Angle, who are running neck and neck in most polls, will engage in one televised debate on Oct. 14, two days before early voting starts in Nevada.

The debate will be moderated by Mitch Fox, the Vegas PBS, Channel 10, talk show host who moderated Thursday night's forum.

Contact Laura Myers at lmyers@reviewjournal.com or 702-387-2919.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Brawl & Fist Fights erupt at Reid, Angle election forum.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 05:39:00 AM »
voters realized they had two idiots on the ballot and decided to beat each other for it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 05:40:08 AM »
voters realized they had two idiots on the ballot and decided to beat each other for it?

This is so funny, I started laughing at comments and quotes in the article. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 05:42:09 AM »
Looks like Barack was a little off no? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 05:54:09 AM »
when does Civil War II break out? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 05:58:17 AM »
when does Civil War II break out? 

never.  fox news will tell dissenters to stay home - and they'll listen.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 06:00:48 AM »

CW2 starts the day the MLB, NFL, Cable TV, and booze are gone.

Those are opiutes for the masses. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 06:16:28 AM »

Better pray civil war doesnt break out as ALL liberals are nothing but a bunch of pussies who would get stomped to death starting with the gutless black panthers and the filthy pussy unions.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 07:00:11 AM »
  Few women deserve to be hit by a man--even if they do support Harry Reid.  ;D

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 12:48:08 PM »
Idiots fighting for Reid..

Idiots fighting for Angle..

Poor Nevada..

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 09:58:14 PM »
So this teabagger actually punched a WOMAN twice and couldn't knock her ass out?  Instead he got steamrolled back into his seat?  Fucking wimp.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 07:25:14 AM »
I think the story is a lie.Its what libs do,they lie.I remember these same type of libs saying Palins crowd were screaming "kill him" about Obama,A LIE.Then they said congreesmen were spit at and called racial slurs,A LIE.Libs lie its how they get elected.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 08:00:44 AM »
Better pray civil war doesnt break out as ALL liberals are nothing but a bunch of pussies who would get stomped to death

LOL @ "all" liberals.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 08:29:59 AM »
LOL @ "all" liberals.

\
YES ALL liberals!!!!Show me one liberal that reveals what they really want to do to the country.Show me one!!Show me one that supports the health care bill that really say whats in it,or cap and trade or anything else they are for.They MUST lie because they would be rejected everytime.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 08:52:58 AM »
\
YES ALL liberals!!!!Show me one liberal that reveals what they really want to do to the country.Show me one!!Show me one that supports the health care bill that really say whats in it,or cap and trade or anything else they are for.They MUST lie because they would be rejected everytime.

Look at getbig.  We have some "conservatives" who voted Clinton, who don't own guns, who live completely dependent upon the system for survival.

Then we have libs who are ready for SHTF and would be the last door you'd want to knock on asking for food.

The word "ALL" can be so misleading haha...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »

Look at getbig.  We have some "conservatives" who voted Clinton, who don't own guns, who live completely dependent upon the system for survival.

Then we have libs who are ready for SHTF and would be the last door you'd want to knock on asking for food.

The word "ALL" can be so misleading haha...

Again,give me the name of the liberal that proudly says what they want for the country?Who is it?They all lie and pretend to be something they are not.They know the country is 100% against everything they stand for so they lie about what they are.Do you see any libs running on health care,cap and trade,bailouts"?