Author Topic: Olympia HEAD JUDGE Jim Rockell & PHIL HEATH on PBW's OLYMPIA REPORT (Listen Now)  (Read 29489 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW Announcement - Episode #204

The 2010 Mr. Olympia Post-Show Report (Replay Now Available)

Featuring: Phil Heath -and- The Head Judge's Report!

Following the biggest weekend of the year, "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" presents the official 2010 Mr. Olympia Post-Show Report.  Special guests include Olympia Head Judge Jim Rockell for a behind-the-scenes look at how the judges arrived at their historic decision.  This weeks broadcast also includes a visit with Phil Heath.  For the first time since the contest, Phil discusses his feelings about the loss and his plans for 2011.  Tune in as PBW celebrates Jay Cutler's incredible victory along with all the storylines that helped make this years event one of the most memorable Olympias in years. - Presented by MuscleTech, this special edition of bodybuilding talk radio airs on Monday at 8pm ET

Tune in LIVE at www.BodybuildingRadio.com
Replays Provided courtesy of Bodybuilding.com

Watch Jay Cutler & Phil Heath's Post Show Interviews now at http://webcast.bodybuilding.com/fitshow/2010olympia/?q=26

Joe Weider Visits PBW! - Now Available On-Demand.

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine, The Muscle Asylum Project, Six Star Muscle and BodySpace!
PBW: The Official radio show of Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend.
The presenting sponsor of the annual "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships" in Tampa, FL
and a proud supporter of the NPC's USA Championships!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: PBW: The Olympia "Head Judge's Report" - Plus: Phil Heath (Tonight)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 07:36:52 AM »
Phil is at a critical point now.

Does he try to add 10 pounds this year to "catch" jay, possibly losing his shape and looking worse?

Or, does he just "wait it out" for Jay to retire so he can start winning titles?

And, how many minutes will Bob spend hating on 'conspiracy theorists'?  My bet is four.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 07:50:42 AM »
Does Phil really has a strict pre-contest diet?

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 08:17:23 AM »

He has to or all the drugs he takes would be pointless.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 08:20:29 AM »
Phil is at a critical point now.

Does he try to add 10 pounds this year to "catch" jay, possibly losing his shape and looking worse?

Or, does he just "wait it out" for Jay to retire so he can start winning titles?

And, how many minutes will Bob spend hating on 'conspiracy theorists'?  My bet is four.

Sounds like a double-edge sword. Phil kinda reminds me of a Flex Wheeler who tried to play the size game and it backfired.

As for Bob, I get that he tries to build up the suspense before announcing the winner, but geezus, build it up for 5 minutes?! Just spit out the fuckin' name already.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »

With the exception of the occasional dunkin donuts run, I think Phil said he eats clean year-round.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 10:00:20 AM »
With the exception of the occasional dunkin donuts ;D run, I think Phil said he eats clean year-round.
???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 12:43:05 PM »
???

There's an urban leged that Phil Heath uses Dunkin Donuts to fill out for shows. 

I'd be willing to bet my Louis Vitton bag that it's not true...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 02:31:23 PM »
I am actually pumped to hear this edition of PBW.
I am really interested in how judge Rockell made the call with Jay over Phil. I think the judging was good this time, and Jay deserved it, but Phil was good and it was close.
Be intersted to see how Phil took it and what his plans are for next yr.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 05:07:28 PM »
I am actually pumped to hear this edition of PBW.
I am really interested in how judge Rockell made the call with Jay over Phil. I think the judging was good this time, and Jay deserved it, but Phil was good and it was close.
Be intersted to see how Phil took it and what his plans are for next yr.

Jay's just so much bigger than Phil.

Phil would have to be PERFECT at his smaller size, and jay would have to be off.

Neither happened.  And Jim Rockell, head judge, is about to tell us why Jay won.

AVBG

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 05:14:40 PM »
Phil should have been awarded the title.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 06:48:37 PM »
Good interview with Jim Rockell.  He confirmed our suspicion that anyone out of the top 6 after pre-judging cannot move up under the current system.  I agree that needs to be changed.  Good question from Bob why did Kai beat Victor?  Jim honestly said that maybe it should have gone the other way.  It's interesting to hear how highly Jim thinks of Kai, you get the feeling that this Olympia could have been his if he had brought it on gameday.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 07:15:50 PM »
Good show and really gave a good analysis of the judging and why Jay won.
Phil was a class act and I also think that Kai is far from done

David M

• Getbig II
Bob Chick Said that Cutler was better Last Year!
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 05:48:34 AM »
I get the feeling that Bob thinks Heath should have won. He was saying on PBW that Cuts was the same or worse than he was last year and that he probly cant hold off the young gunz much longer.  What say you Bob?  Did Heath get the shaft?  ;D
Team MEL

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 05:54:07 AM »
kai got too big.
Team MEL

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
Re: Bob Chick Said that Cutler was better Last Year!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 06:02:42 AM »
i like bob, but as far as his views on Cutler.......i would take them with a grain of salt

before the 2009 olympia.........after 2 years of looking horrible and losing his crown.........bob predicted that jay would win the 2009 olympia, saying that he believes if jay comes in conditioned, he is too big, and wide for anyone to beat

fast forward to before the 2010 olympia...........after jays most DOMINANT performance EVER...............sudde nly bob chick is predicting jay will lose ::) ::)

so he had faith in jays abilities when jay was at his worst for two years.........but suddenly coming off his most dominant victory and best package EVER.........bob predicts he is gonna lose ::) ::)

look at the variable in the situation.............bo b is a good company man for AMI/weider (which i would be too in his position)............in 2009 jay was with weider, in 2010 he was not

bob knows jay won this year in a very convincing manner, the scores were not even close

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 06:05:46 AM »
but bob is right, that technically.........jay's overall package was slightly better last year

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 06:12:30 AM »
He's right, sure. Everybody can see that. Doesn't mean Phil should have won. Bob is the rep for the powers at be. Even though Jay won, it's pretty ovious that Heath will be the next 'O. It looks like the stage is set unless he screws up big time. Chick is just already working on keeping his "expert" status.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 06:23:59 AM »
i like bob, but as far as his views on Cutler.......i would take them with a grain of salt

before the 2009 olympia.........after 2 years of looking horrible and losing his crown.........bob predicted that jay would win the 2009 olympia, saying that he believes if jay comes in conditioned, he is too big, and wide for anyone to beat

fast forward to before the 2010 olympia...........after jays most DOMINANT performance EVER...............sudde nly bob chick is predicting jay will lose ::) ::)

so he had faith in jays abilities when jay was at his worst for two years.........but suddenly coming off his most dominant victory and best package EVER.........bob predicts he is gonna lose ::) ::)

look at the variable in the situation.............bo b is a good company man for AMI/weider (which i would be too in his position)............in 2009 jay was with weider, in 2010 he was not

bob knows jay won this year in a very convincing manner, the scores were not even close

My comments throughout the year were consistant, right up to our Olympia predictions. If Jay were to come in BETTER than last year, that NO ONE would be able to touch him.  That said, I said that if he wasn't, that Phil would have made enough improvements that he would win his first Sandow.  While I dint believe Jay was better or equal to last years performance, the judges thought it was enough to hold off Heath and co.  I personally thought Phil won.  

Just because someone won, and lost...doesn't mean someone got "screwed", got "shafted", politics, etc....what it means sometimes, is that by a preponderance of the scoring...that someone ended up on top because they had a better score. That's why they judge the show.

As for company affiliations...I think this finally puts to rest the bullshit out there...Jay is a friend of mine...has been for years. Where he places has no bearing on that friendship.  I dont claim to be on "Team Cutler", or Team Heath", or any other team for that matter.  I just call it as I see it, or predict it based on many factors.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 06:50:22 AM »
My comments throughout the year were consistant, right up to our Olympia predictions. If Jay were to come in BETTER than last year, that NO ONE would be able to touch him.  That said, I said that if he wasn't, that Phil would have made enough improvements that he would win his first Sandow.  While I dint believe Jay was better or equal to last years performance, the judges thought it was enough to hold off Heath and co.  I personally thought Phil won.  

Just because someone won, and lost...doesn't mean someone got "screwed", got "shafted", politics, etc....what it means sometimes, is that by a preponderance of the scoring...that someone ended up on top because they had a better score. That's why they judge the show.

As for company affiliations...I think this finally puts to rest the bullshit out there...Jay is a friend of mine...has been for years. Where he places has no bearing on that friendship.  I dont claim to be on "Team Cutler", or Team Heath", or any other team for that matter.  I just call it as I see it, or predict it based on many factors.

maybe it wasnt even a conscious thing..........but you gotta admit its kinda funny that you would have such unwavering faith (and i remember this cause i listened to a bunch of old PBW shows the past month or two) that you would have such faith in jay when his career was at its lowest point

but all of a sudden are picking him to lose after his most impressive showing.......hey, maybe you just like an underdog

and the whole thing you kept rehashing about jay needing to be better this year, then he was last year........was kinda another way to say that he wouldnt be winning
because you know, i know, everyone knows that there was an extremely small chance that jay would be able to bring something better this year, then he did last year

even the greats., ronnie, dorian, flex......have one or two special shows in them, when everything comes together and they bring  a package that is mindblowing

last year was one of those years for jay, although he came pretty close during the finals on saturday

i can  never know what you really think........but like i said, you have to acknowledge how someone else would find it weird that you would have him winning at his lowest point, and losing at his highest

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 07:20:30 AM »

As for company affiliations...I think this finally puts to rest the bullshit out there...Jay is a friend of mine...has been for years. Where he places has no bearing on that friendship.  I dont claim to be on "Team Cutler", or Team Heath", or any other team for that matter.  I just call it as I see it, or predict it based on many factors.

So if Jay comes on PBW sometime soon to talk about the Olympia, youre going to tell him he shouldnt have won in your opinion?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 07:59:17 AM »

So if Jay comes on PBW sometime soon to talk about the Olympia, youre going to tell him he shouldnt have won in your opinion?

I have no problem with telling anyone my opinion on physiques, Jay included....

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 10:02:22 AM »
I have no problem with telling anyone my opinion on physiques, Jay included....

thats really amazing that all of a sudden you have such a low opinion of jay, after you were so confident in him for so many years

the scrorecards were not very close at all........

jay dominated........particu larly on saturday night

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 10:35:41 AM »
that's it Bob, you're not gonna get an invite to Jay's yearly Memorial day Barbecue in Vegas anymore.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 10:36:21 AM »
bob chick is a legend