Author Topic: The judging is more fucked up now then ever....thanks  (Read 15271 times)

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
Re: The judging is more fucked up now then ever....thanks
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2010, 03:27:20 PM »
Also, to say that Dorian's 1992 routine was weak is crazy it was one of the best hardcore routines of all time.

No...you see, powerful and heroic routines that display a great physique in a powerful, dignified manner obviously mean nothing to someone like Chick. In order to impress Chick, you have to waddle out on a stage like some sort of buffoonish Frankenstein monster. Then you must cup your hand to your hear as to say to the audience, "Why aren't you applauding me more?".. and then you twirl your fist around, walk to one side of the stage and hit a most muscular. Then you repeat this idiotic sequence and walk to the other side of the stage. Remember to cup your hand to your ear repeatedly if you want to impress Chick. Now have some ridiculous Rap music start blaring with lyrics like 'Yo,Yo,Yo and then start wiggling around and "poppin' and lockin'" and gyrating like a retard. In between all this embarrassing nonsense, make sure your bloated belly distends frequently, and hit an occasional lame pose. Forget about the classic routines of Zane, Corney, and Arnold...to impress Chick, you must "Pop and Lock."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2010, 03:28:08 PM »
Chick, who ever said the posing round was only supposed to be about who was the best poser?

The whole point of the round was to display your physique in its best light using poses that suit it.

From that the judges then judged the body they saw during that display and if the impression they got was more positive than the one they saw in the prejudging (either via superior posing like Shawn Ray in 1994 or an improvement in condition from the prejudging like Ronnie in 2001) then they scored better.

The way it is now why even learn ANY poses outside of the mandatories?

I understand what you're trying to say, but having a BB out there in their own, is basically useless...BB is all about comparison, as every BB looks great alone. The judges need a better impression while they are next to each other...

BTW...2001 is a poor example, as Jay CLEARLY should have won that show....in that case, the posing round was used to make up a deficeit that should have been insurmountable...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2010, 03:30:21 PM »
No...you see, powerful and heroic routines that display a great physique in a powerful, dignified manner obviously mean nothing to someone like Chick. In order to impress Chick, you have to waddle out on a stage like some sort of buffoonish Frankenstein monster. Then you must cup your hand to your hear as to say to the audience, "Why aren't you applauding me more?".. and then you twirl your fist around, walk to one side of the stage and hit a most muscular. Then you repeat this idiotic sequence and walk to the other side of the stage. Remember to cup your hand to your ear repeatedly if you want to impress Chick. Now have some ridiculous Rap music start blaring with lyrics like 'Yo,Yo,Yo and then start wiggling around and "poppin' and lockin'" and gyrating like a retard. In between all this embarrassing nonsense, make sure your bloated belly distends frequently, and hit an occasional lame pose. Forget about the classic routines of Zane, Corney, and Arnold...to impress Chick, you must "Pop and Lock."

Whats funny about your post, is that anyone who knows my style (my posing style when I competed) and the numerous articles I've written.....will tell you that you're 100% in the wrong, and I've often criticized openly, much of what you describe...

Do some homework next time BEFORE posting

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2010, 03:33:19 PM »
I like the idea of all of the posing and comparison being completed in the prejudging.

It really helps to speed up the night show, which should be used to highlight the the best athletes.
I also think that the length of the routines should be reduced.

If you really want to sit through hours of compulsory poses then go to the prejudging,

I am not a fan of free posing. It takes away from direct comparison.

That is my two cents anyway.
Z

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2010, 03:34:40 PM »
I understand what you're trying to say, but having a BB out there in their own, is basically useless...BB is all about comparison, as every BB looks great alone. The judges need a better impression while they are next to each other...

BTW...2001 is a poor example, as Jay CLEARLY should have won that show....in that case, the posing round was used to make up a deficeit that should have been insurmountable...

::)

yeah...and now...you give mr o the 1st night and just pick and choose for the other 50% because you really cant tell who wins the pose down.  just eliminate the individual fitness round too and let tanji and adela hit their most muscular.

phil was the sharpest and best the 1st with branch 2nd...and jay again had loose skin on his lower back.  

anyway...u always right.  

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2010, 03:36:50 PM »

You know I agree with you on both counts. but I guess it was supposed to be a chance for the judges to get another look to perhaps see something the may have missed in the prejudging and in a close contest it could determine the final placings.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2010, 03:57:51 PM »
You know I agree with you on both counts. but I guess it was supposed to be a chance for the judges to get another look to perhaps see something the may have missed in the prejudging and in a close contest it could determine the final placings.

One nice thing about the current people in charge, is that they listen and are receptive to change...it's an imperfect system, that we continue to tweak and will make adjustments accordingly

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2010, 03:58:29 PM »

Hey I ain't saying it should be worth a huge amount but maybe 20% of the show.

Taking 2009 as an example the judging that year was 1/3rd prejudging, 1/3 posing round, 1/3 posedown/final comparisons.

Looking at Branch and Dexter.

Branch got 16, 16, 14
Dexter got 10, 18, 19

That year the night show was worth 2/3rds and allowed Branch to pass Dexter.

If you crunch the numbers and go back to having prejudging be 50%, posing 25%, posedown 25% as was the old way then Dexter beats Branch 57 to 62.

If you use this years method and drop the posing round then Dexter beats him again.

Now if you judge all 3 but give prejudging 40%, posing 20% and posedown 40% (take the posing score and halve it) then they actually tie at 38 each.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2010, 04:01:45 PM »
Hey I ain't saying it should be worth a huge amount but maybe 20% of the show.

Taking 2009 as an example the judging that year was 1/3rd prejudging, 1/3 posing round, 1/3 posedown/final comparisons.

Looking at Branch and Dexter.

Branch got 16, 16, 14
Dexter got 10, 18, 19

That year the night show was worth 2/3rds and allowed Branch to pass Dexter.

If you crunch the numbers and go back to having prejudging be 50%, posing 25%, posedown 25% as was the old way then Dexter beats Branch 57 to 62.

If you use this years method and drop the posing round then Dexter beats him again.

Now if you judge all 3 but give prejudging 40%, posing 20% and posedown 40% (take the posing score and halve it) then they actually tie at 38 each.

It's amazing how the numbers come to be, especially when you use 2 high and 2 low thrown out, 3 high/ low, and 1 high/ low....totally different outcomes and winners in some cases...

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »
It's amazing how the numbers come to be, especially when you use 2 high and 2 low thrown out, 3 high/ low, and 1 high/ low....totally different outcomes and winners in some cases...

Yes, amazing, keeps me awake for days  ::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2010, 04:25:13 PM »
One nice thing about the current people in charge, is that they listen and are receptive to change...it's an imperfect system, that we continue to tweak and will make adjustments accordingly

What an apologist. Perfect pasty and general tool for the Pro League. FFS how long have the IFBB been running bodybuilding shows? The plain, unvarnished truth is they have to get rid of the old system because it cannot be salvaged. The second rate brains behind the scenes are oblivious to what is needed to judge bodybuilding shows properly. Every single year there are controversies and dissatisfaction.

Bob, do you comprehend that the judging process sucks? No amount of tweaking and making adjustments will suffice. But then, I might as well be talking to a wall.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2010, 04:30:04 PM »
What an apologist. Perfect pasty and general tool for the Pro League. FFS how long have the IFBB been running bodybuilding shows? The plain, unvarnished truth is they have to get rid of the old system because it cannot be salvaged. The second rate brains behind the scenes are oblivious to what is needed to judge bodybuilding shows properly. Every single year there are controversies and dissatisfaction.

Bob, do you comprehend that the judging process sucks? No amount of tweaking and making adjustments will suffice. But then, I might as well be talking to a wall.

You are a wall, Basile...a thick, hardheaded wall of ignorance.

"Every year there are controversy and dissatisfaction"...LOL....same could be said of the superbowl.

Tell us all how it SHOULD have been judged...let's see if you can get 100% to agree with you

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »
Bob, Joe is getting very frail so I won't be able to use this much longer.

You want me to fix the mess in the IFBB? Sorry, it has been messed up by knuckleheads(

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2010, 04:47:38 PM »

So why did Ronnie win?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2010, 04:48:52 PM »
Bob, Joe is getting very frail so I won't be able to use this much longer. :'

You want me to fix the mess in the IFBB? Well go piss up a rope.(

Trust me IMBasile...no one's looking for YOU to fix anything....but for once, try and back up what you say....were all waiting for how it SHOULD have been placed

Anytime now

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2010, 04:49:27 PM »

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »
So why did Ronnie win?

Because he was better.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »
I was hoping one of the competitors in the Olympia would have done a couple of poses for Bob there at the MC stand. That would have been amusing. Just wondering how the pro athletes meeting went, Bob, and how many attended. Now that Milos is in jail it looks like you have that position for life. Congratulations.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2010, 06:00:43 PM »
Because he was better.

He really wasn't Jay outclassed him and even Ronnie thought he was second.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2010, 06:19:03 PM »
He really wasn't Jay outclassed him and even Ronnie thought he was second.

Jay beats him with ab thighs, that's it.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »
I don't like the fact that we have a 1.5 hour pre-judging comparing everyone thoroughly, but it only counts for 50% of the score.  The contest should be over after pre-judging.  Other than greed (ticket sales), is there any good reason to hold a bodybuilding contest over a two day period?  Like you said Bob, bodybuilding's all about mandatory poses and comparisons, which is done in pre-judging.  It could all be done on Saturday night.  Start with posing routines, which is entertainment for the fans and will give the judges a good first look.  Then move on to comparisons and crown a champion. 

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2010, 06:53:29 PM »
I don't like the fact that we have a 1.5 hour pre-judging comparing everyone thoroughly, but it only counts for 50% of the score.  The contest should be over after pre-judging.  Other than greed (ticket sales), is there any good reason to hold a bodybuilding contest over a two day period?  Like you said Bob, bodybuilding's all about mandatory poses and comparisons, which is done in pre-judging.  It could all be done on Saturday night.  Start with posing routines, which is entertainment for the fans and will give the judges a good first look.  Then move on to comparisons and crown a champion. 

Ideal but will never happen.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2010, 07:12:23 PM »
Ideal but will never happen.

I realize it won't happen, but it would be an exciting evening.  Maybe something to consider for the circuit shows, where pre-judging is poorly attended.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2010, 07:38:38 PM »

There you go. Too simple for Bob to comprehend. I think they split the judging and finals to get a bigger crowd on Friday. If they had the women on Friday how many would come? What a show it would be if it were all on the same day. Having the judging during the day and the finals at night is a formula used most of the time. What you propose would make a great event. The posedown would occur while the scores are being tallied so don't count. No rounds, just one place for each competitor at the end of the process.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2010, 07:53:33 PM »
Whats funny about your post, is that anyone who knows my style (my posing style when I competed) and the numerous articles I've written.....will tell you that you're 100% in the wrong, and I've often criticized openly, much of what you describe...

Do some homework next time BEFORE posting
a #2 pencil that people do their homework with is more well known than you

its amazing how much grief u caused the olympia this year-espeically at the last few mins of the show
your magicians cape u wore this year truly was magical-your spell of turning anything to shit u touch was quite powerful that night
w