Author Topic: what kind of car do you drive  (Read 18721 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: what kind of car do you drive
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2010, 06:02:04 AM »
how do you like it?

i thinking of getting my girl either the x3, the audi q5 or the acura mdx when the lease on her mini comes up.

The Audi is a nice car for sure.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2010, 06:16:43 AM »
The Audi is a nice car for sure.

agreed- but their lease rates on the Q5 are ridiculous - they did the same thing then the A5 came out- 8%+ because it was in demand. now that demand has died down you can get the same car for a more sane 3%. the lease rate was the entire reason for me not getting the A5 over the car i have now. i refused to allow audi to gouge me like that.

i just hate the fact they try to gouge you in the interest rate because the car has a lot of initial appeal. it really left a sour taste in my mouth about an automobile maker who makes fine cars like they do. i'm a younger guy and will prolly buy several more cars over the next 30 years (maybe 10 or more) and because of that one experience i dunno if i will give audi the nod again.

but you're right- it's a great little car.

b

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2010, 06:22:47 AM »
agreed- but their lease rates on the Q5 are ridiculous - they did the same thing then the A5 came out- 8%+ because it was in demand. now that demand has died down you can get the same car for a more sane 3%. the lease rate was the entire reason for me not getting the A5 over the car i have now. i refused to allow audi to gouge me like that.

i just hate the fact they try to gouge you in the interest rate because the car has a lot of initial appeal. it really left a sour taste in my mouth about an automobile maker who makes fine cars like they do. i'm a younger guy and will prolly buy several more cars over the next 30 years (maybe 10 or more) and because of that one experience i dunno if i will give audi the nod again.

but you're right- it's a great little car.

Leasing a car is bullshit, it's even better to finance it some way, but you will always lose money in leasing.

I love Audi, and will stay with it for a while. Reliable, good cars, fun to drive.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2010, 06:33:42 AM »
Leasing a car is bullshit, it's even better to finance it some way, but you will always lose money in leasing.

I love Audi, and will stay with it for a while. Reliable, good cars, fun to drive.

I agree with you about leasing- I lease primarily because I find it simple. It is more costly but that extra cost to more is worth the convenience of having a new car every 3 years, not getting stuck with a lemon, if I smash it up the money I lose on the resale won't come out of my pocket etc.

I pay for the convenience I guess. :)
b

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2010, 06:41:03 AM »
I agree with you about leasing- I lease primarily because I find it simple. It is more costly but that extra cost to more is worth the convenience of having a new car every 3 years, not getting stuck with a lemon, if I smash it up the money I lose on the resale won't come out of my pocket etc.

I pay for the convenience I guess. :)

Well, if you can afford it and don't care, i guess it's not a problem, lol!

Since i moved to Tokyo, i don't have a car at all. One doesn't need a car in this city, and if i need one, i rent one.  ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2010, 06:47:11 AM »

Audi tend to want a arm and a leg, compared to their BMW and Mercedes counterparts, yet offer no real performance or features above then. For instance, this past Summer, I went to look at a S5, damn car was 62k, and it had a nice interior (what Audi is known for), but I believe the 335i and 335iS are cheaper...and the salesman was a arrogant prick.

I'd think that they (Audi) shouldn't be trying to gouge people, because they offer less than their competition, and their base models are FWD (a Audi hallmark since they were part of Auto Union), and the S and RS models cost more than their respective competitors, but again offer less performance, and are heavier...WTF.

Cadillac is looking good to me now, and again, I have fallen in love with a Aqua Blue Metallic Porsche Carrera S, with Turbo wheels...unfortunately, she's out of my league. But, all I need is one date, just one date and I can convince her otherwise.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2010, 06:51:39 AM »
Audi tend to want a arm and a leg, compared to their BMW and Mercedes counterparts, yet offer no real performance or features above then. For instance, this past Summer, I went to look at a S5, damn car was 62k, and it had a nice interior (what Audi is known for), but I believe the 335i and 335iS are cheaper...and the salesman was a arrogant prick.

I'd think that they (Audi) shouldn't be trying to gouge people, because they offer less than their competition, and their base models are FWD (a Audi hallmark since they were part of Auto Union), and the S and RS models cost more than their respective competitors, but again offer less performance, and are heavier...WTF.

Cadillac is looking good to me now, and again, I have fallen in love with a Aqua Blue Metallic Porsche Carrera S, with Turbo wheels...unfortunately, she's out of my league. But, all I need is one date, just one date and I can convince her otherwise.

True, they are expensive, but i hate BMW.  ;D ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2010, 06:54:34 AM »
True, they are expensive, but i hate BMW.  ;D ;D
Dont hate, appreciate...even though, Jeremy Clarkson says "M3 drivers have no friends." ;D

Paris Autoshow starts Oct 2 for the public and for the press, today. May want to check out some goodies.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2010, 06:54:57 AM »
Whatever I feel like stealing.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2010, 06:56:17 AM »
Dont hate, appreciate...even though, Jeremy Clarkson says "M3 drivers have no friends." ;D

Paris Autoshow starts Oct 2 for the public and for the press, today. May want to check out some goodies.

LOL, actually as i don't really need a car here, i'm thinking about just getting something for fun drives.

Whatever I feel like stealing.

Hi sev!

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2010, 07:07:42 AM »
LOL, actually as i don't really need a car here, i'm thinking about just getting something for fun drives.

Hi sev!

Calvin is a quality poster but i also think he spends too much time reading Sev's post. That can't help his criminal record.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2010, 07:08:52 AM »

Hi sev!

I said cars not donkeys or wagons.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2010, 07:15:31 AM »

is that an 150k r8 (1:47) in stan's vid?  guy is bottom 202 and earns more than probably 3 or 4 open class guys.

anyway...accord EX-V6 here.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2010, 07:16:34 AM »

I said cars not donkeys or wagons.

LOL!!

spinnis

« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2010, 07:32:37 AM »

is that an 150k r8 (1:47) in stan's vid?  guy is bottom 202 and earns more than probably 3 or 4 open class guys.

probably earns more then ANY bb competitor except 3-4 guys from training celebs alone

TEsticles

• Getbig II
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2010, 07:47:54 AM »
years ago i went with my uncle to buy a freinds car, it was missing both front doors and had  rust... $500.....bought it ended up tossing it......
it was a an australian  hk  gts 2-door monaro 350ci.....those days there where alot of guidos who had em' ....anyway, i get onto carsales.com.au  the other day and see what they are going for ..........300k....the pain..............the pain.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2010, 07:50:02 AM »

Ryan, who knows Stan said he is indeed driving a R8...funny how Flex was friends with Dr. Dre, and was in a Boss video, but it is Stan who is training him.

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2010, 08:46:20 AM »
I drive a 2001 Lexus GS300 and i love it. Durable, comfy and the service from the Lexus dealership is outstanding.
My next car will most likely again be a Lexus.

brachilius

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2010, 09:40:16 AM »
Mine- 2009 Hummer H3 black on black
Wife- 2009 Nissan Murano SL back on tan

Love both of them

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2010, 12:03:34 PM »

i was looking at the new CTS coupe.  Intro model is about 40k, CTS-V 62k.  it's much more attractive than the 4-door plus Cady is on a roll as far as maintenance and reliability.  

i have no clue what to say about flex wheeler.  now...he is training stan effering(sp).  hope he is getting paid for that since stan got about 20M in his pocket. 

spinnis

« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2010, 12:06:26 PM »
I want a audi TT which I could scramble up the money to if I really wanted and my resonable "dream" car is a black bmw z4 coupe

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »
i was looking at the new CTS coupe.  Intro model is about 40k, CTS-V 62k.  it's much more attractive than the 4-door plus Cady is on a roll as far as maintenance and reliability.  

i have no clue what to say about flex wheeler.  now...he is training stan effering(sp).  hope he is getting paid for that since stan got about 20M in his pocket. 

I had the 4 dr CTS. Black and black with tint. Sick car during it's time from 2005-2009. The new models are even nicer

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2010, 12:11:48 PM »
I drive a 2001 Lexus GS300 and i love it. Durable, comfy and the service from the Lexus dealership is outstanding.
My next car will most likely again be a Lexus.

Unless Lexus comes out with a IS coupe, I probably won't go back to Lexus. Maybe the upcoming GS-F (next gen), or a IS-F. I have a IS300, dealer wanted $7,600 to replace the head (head had blown), I went and put another engine in for half that. But, the service is excellent.

i have no clue what to say about flex wheeler.  now...he is training stan effering(sp).  hope he is getting paid for that since stan got about 20M in his pocket.  
I agree...

yep, and hopefully, Flex can build a  base, and train others---HELL, he was trained by Charles glass since 1993, so he should have garned many of those "secrets" that were past down to him.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »
A used Jaguar would be cool, but they are only good for driving to the next mechanic.
I once drove an old japanese car(Mitsu) and it was an awesome thing... cheap and nothing could kill it.
Car of choice would be a Ford Gt50 or an old Mustang.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2010, 01:04:26 PM »
I have...

2001 Mustang Gt - Weekend toy
1986 Mustang Lx - Race car in progress
1997 Camry LE - Daily driver

Girl has a 06 Camry V6 loaded.

I will probably own a 2011 Mustang Gt by the end of this year...

8)