Author Topic: Test Replacement Therapy, is it for you/legit?  (Read 3311 times)

billbigsby

• Getbig II
Test Replacement Therapy, is it for you/legit?
« on: September 29, 2010, 02:36:40 PM »
Hi all, will try and be brief, 43 years old, have been lifting hard for 25 years. Am 185 at 5'9, would have definition if lost 10 pounds but am not "fat." I feel lethargic sometimes and I think everyone does which makes the question difficult. There are clinics popping up where you can get injected with test cyp every 10 days and insurance covers it, go figure. In some circles it is deemed medically necessary but not sure. I had my test levels taken and the guy said yes you're low, how about a shot of test. Having never taken anything in my life, it kind of scared me but at the same time was exciting. It was a shot of 100 mg of test cyp and within 2 weeks my benchpress had gone from 275x4-5 to 300x6. DB curls went way up too etc etc.. Just crazy the difference in how I felt, so much stronger/younger like I had bloomed or something. It was awesome. I gained like 8-9 pounds also but alot had to be water. Not sure. I only went there the 1 time and never did it again and that was a year ago. I must say, the effects lasted about a month or 6 weeks then I returned to where I was, well, I think I kept a little bit. When you throw weights around that used to be a struggle, your mind plays tricks on you. Anyway, returning to normal was not fun. Now I am considering getting back into it but unsure if I should. Is that amount enough to give gyno? That would be terrifying and the risk of that alone is enough to make me pass. Also, I wouldn't be able to do it more than once a month $wise and the blood test and getting the dang prostate thing done, I think prostate is once a year but the blood is every month, no fun. I have a feeling I will blow up like a baloon if I did this for 6 months and end up looking like an amateur bodybuilder which could be cool if i kept the fat down. The problem to me is the gyno risk and also knowing at somepoint, it has to stop. Going off that stuff could never be fun especially after being on it a while. I know it will transform my physique and I can get huge and feel great. Is 100 units once a month alot? I wish I could find another Dr and get the gel instead (it was a deeeep shot, smarted pretty good) If levels are low enough to have it be beneficial, may consider going back. Just curious general opinions. Thx

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: Test Replacement Therapy, is it for you/legit?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 07:19:17 PM »
punctuation please  ::)

TEAM Nasser

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 08:32:51 PM »
Hi all, will try and be brief, 43 years old, have been lifting hard for 25 years. Am 185 at 5'9, would have definition if lost 10 pounds but am not "fat." I feel lethargic sometimes and I think everyone does which makes the question difficult.

Your lethargic feeling could be caused by numerous things, sleep, diet, activity level, etc. but at 43yrs old your natural test levels are a lot lower than they used to be, the start going down for everyone in their late 20's and really start going down in your 30's and 40s and every year after. How we take care of ourselves can help or hurt these levels but age inevitably does the same thing to everyone...no big deal, just part of life.

There are clinics popping up where you can get injected with test cyp every 10 days and insurance covers it, go figure. In some circles it is deemed medically necessary but not sure.

In my opinion, there is absolutely no reason on this earth why any male over 40 should not be on hormone replacement therapy. You have the ability to put back in your body what it naturally craves but what age takes away from you. You will feel younger, you will have more energy, less fat, more muscle tissue, a better sense of well being, recover faster, work harder, etc.

I had my test levels taken and the guy said yes you're low, how about a shot of test. Having never taken anything in my life, it kind of scared me but at the same time was exciting.

There's nothing to be scared of, you're injecting something into your body that it is accustomed to, it's not a foreign substance. You have naturally produced testosterone all of your life, now you're producing less, so you're supplementing with testosterone to get your levels back to normal, or slightly higher depending on what you're looking for.

It was a shot of 100 mg of test cyp and within 2 weeks my benchpress had gone from 275x4-5 to 300x6. DB curls went way up too etc etc.. Just crazy the difference in how I felt, so much stronger/younger like I had bloomed or something. It was awesome. I gained like 8-9 pounds also but alot had to be water. Not sure. I only went there the 1 time and never did it again and that was a year ago. I must say, the effects lasted about a month or 6 weeks then I returned to where I was, well, I think I kept a little bit.

I don't want to rain on your parade but that 100mg shot didn't make a difference. If you go to the Dr. and are prescribed testosterone, yes, it will be the best testosterone you can get but it doesn't work the way you described above. To begin, it can take several wks for it to build up in your system before you start seeing any real results.

Something else to keep in mind is the psychological effect. For the first time in your life you had "Steroids" injected into your body, not knowing a lot about steroids, and that's fine, you created a placebo effect. You undoubtedly felt better because of the idea of using steroids, thereby causing you to push harder, having a rush of adrenaline, etc.  

When you throw weights around that used to be a struggle, your mind plays tricks on you. Anyway, returning to normal was not fun. Now I am considering getting back into it but unsure if I should. Is that amount enough to give gyno? That would be terrifying and the risk of that alone is enough to make me pass.

Gyno can happen to anyone, there's no way to predict it but it is unlikely to happen on a hormone replacement dose and even if it does, it does not happen over night. There are measures to protect from gyno, there are things you can do if you start to show symptoms early on and if you do, simply talk to your Dr. about it and they will help you out.

Also, I wouldn't be able to do it more than once a month $wise and the blood test and getting the dang prostate thing done, I think prostate is once a year but the blood is every month, no fun.

Long estered testosterone's such as cypionate or enanthate need to be injected at a minimum every 7-10 days to reap any real benefit. Once a month injections is only going to wreak havoc on your testosterone levels, you will be high and low and all over the place and that's just no good.

I have a feeling I will blow up like a baloon if I did this for 6 months and end up looking like an amateur bodybuilder which could be cool if i kept the fat down. The problem to me is the gyno risk and also knowing at somepoint, it has to stop. Going off that stuff could never be fun especially after being on it a while. I know it will transform my physique and I can get huge and feel great. Is 100 units once a month alot? I wish I could find another Dr and get the gel instead (it was a deeeep shot, smarted pretty good) If levels are low enough to have it be beneficial, may consider going back. Just curious general opinions. Thx

No, 100mg is not a lot a lot, in fact it is extraordinarily low. You should be able to find a good clinic that will prescribe 200mg per shot every 7-10 days.

No, you will not blow up like you're saying...it simply doesn't work that way. To begin, your dose, even if you were to run 200mg every 7-10, that is still a very low dose. Secondly, steroids, like everything else in bodybuilding is very diet oriented. If you want to blow up you'll have to eat like you want to blow up...taking testosterone alone will not cause this to happen. There are probably a thousand threads on here that can explain this for you...I know I've written probably a hundred of them.

Gel, it's OK if you're simply looking to get your levels up a little, get back some of your libido if you've lost it but that's about it. Stick with injections. One, they shouldn't hurt, if the person who injected it in you was rough then sure, it might have left a sore spot. If the injection is done properly and it still hurts, try a different area on the body, if your Dr. says there is only one place they can inject, find another Dr. because he's lying to you. Last off, if it still hurts, tell your Dr. and ask him to prescribe you a testosterone with a different ester in it, perhaps you might be more sensitive to some.  

Hope this helps.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:01:10 PM »
Arnold jr freakin just owned this thread, great response!!
TEAM Nasser

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:48:55 PM »
yes ajr owning.

ill be at my doc friday to get started with hrt. he is doing it, not sending me to an anti-aging clinic. depot test i was told.

insurance is covering my doctor stuff, i dont think it would be covering the clinic stuff.

go to your doc and get blood work and everything else.

billbigsby

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 06:54:02 AM »
Arnold Jr., much much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to write that out, great great info there, will read and re-read. What ya said about once a month injections totally makes sense, that would really mess you up. The guy at the aging clinic said that a well, he was a P.A., not really a Dr but is supervised by one. Yeah, the feeling it gave is all that you said, but subtle. Just made everything better, even felt like I could see better but then again, like you said, alot had to be psychological exuberance kind of thing. Insurance covered the clinic, would end up being $30x2/month if I had 2 injections per month. Yeah, was a deep tissue soreness for a week after, not horrible, kind of a dull pain. It is quite a commitment to go over there twice a month forever and the $700/year but prolly worth it all in all. I wouldn't be surprised if it even helped people professionally with confidence etc. Thanks again for the explanation.

Oh, Delta, for some reason I am almost worried to bring it up to my PCP, I thought the aging thing would be a simpler option then again your regular Dr is doing it. Wonder which is best, prolly makes no difference as long as objective is achieved. thanks again all,

fireblade919

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 11:01:19 AM »
Hi All:  This is my first post and hope that my experience can help someone.  I have been suffering from hypogonadism for about 15 years and have been diagnosed for about 10.

As to your immediate increase in strength, that came from the euphoric wellbeing increase you experienced.  Low testosterone can and does cause depression and as such your depression was removed.  

Secondly I have to disagree with Arnold jr  on one point, it takes less than 24 hours Test cypionate testosterone injection to reach maximum serum levels. For me I felt great within 4 hours.  Also when I decided that I would put my injections to work in the gym, I was immediately improving each workout session and within the first month of taking the dosage.  My arms got bigger, my strength went up and my waist and weight went down considerably. This was the first exercise I did in 3 years.

However Arnold jr is on point with his other advice.

Also make sure you get a complete blood workout: liver, kidneys, hematicrit, hdl/ldl, free and total testosterone, estrogen and PSA  Most doctors will only screen you for free and total test which is very myopic on their part.  Test can enlarge your  prostate through conversion to estrogen (conversion by aromatase), hence the PSA, also get a prostate exam.  Make sure that you do perform these tests one week after an injection.  If you start feeling crappy before the week is up you may have to increase the dosage, change the ester or inject more often.  Also while your free/total test might be low-normal they may be too low for you.

Getting those tests can help you identify potential problems and change you medication to counteract it.  

Please remember that test can change ldl/hdl which your doctor may recommend something like lipitor which can damage your liver. Also you may be taking other drugs which now become more effective with Test and also these drugs may damage your liver and kidneys.  (I know it happened to me)

There are more tests that I would suggest since you really want to have a full understanding of what is going on in your body.  However these are the most important for now.

billbigsby

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 09:32:39 AM »
As to your immediate increase in strength, that came from the euphoric wellbeing increase you experienced.  Low testosterone can and does cause depression and as such your depression was removed.  

thanks for writing. I tend to agree that there had to be a mental element to the gains in 10-14 days but it also had to be physical unless the mind is that strong. To go from struggling with 275 3-5 reps to literally doing it 8 clean strong reps with more reps to spare was mind boggling. I've never lifted thosse weights in my life, even when I was 20 pounds heavier/fatter. When I was on and benching, it almost scared me how light everything felt. It was inspiring and yes, would agree that it probably did zap away my depression which is back now. I manage it though but yeah, you've got me thinking about this stuff in a different way now. I did feel super on it, the best I have probably ever felt in my life. Depression, mood, even confidence in walking around the office and in terms of how I dealt with mgmt/co workers was all elevated and improved. Would the effect of the test be much greater if the person was already taken 1-2 units of GH 5 days per week?

fireblade919

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 04:56:14 PM »
take a look at this site.  http://www.allthingsmale.com/  It has by far the most concise info regarding HRT