Author Topic: The suicide of Tyler Clementi.  (Read 9881 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
The suicide of Tyler Clementi.
« on: October 02, 2010, 12:11:47 AM »
What does getbig make of this?

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2010/10/tyler-clementis-family-issues-statement-vigil-set-for-sunday-night/1

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1649195/20101001/story.jhtml

I notice in the MTV news link that they are trying to use this incident to push for more laws which will ultimately result in nothing more than the destruction of freedom.  But regarding the actual incident, I find this is another time when people will broadly blame "society" [i.e., straight people, especially straight men, and of course especially straight White men] for this having occurred.

If it is wrong to scapegoat groups of people, why is it alright to scapegoat heterosexuals?  Personally I think that people get made fun of for a variety of reasons and homophobic bullying is but one form of it.  And as I said before numerous people have thought that I was gay in the past and I have never experienced any discrimination for it.  If the alleged homophobia which is said to exist actually exists, why have I never been discriminated for before for the sexual orientation which many people have perceived me as being?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The suicide of Tyler Clementi.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 12:21:26 AM »
People in the USA are more sensitive than ever,  this goes for Conservatives and Liberals.  We are living in a society where you cannot say shit to anyone anymore.  Let me stress that EVERYONE is to blame for this,  even the people who supposedly tell it like it is and are anti PC are guilty of this bullshit. 

Two weeks ago a friend of mine was at a gas station outside of his town, he asked a guy a question about a local restaurant and the guy told him "I don't talk to blacks."  While my friend wanted to bash the guys skull in he simply told the guy thanks for nothing and went about his way. 

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 12:36:42 AM »
People in the USA are more sensitive than ever,  this goes for Conservatives and Liberals.  We are living in a society where you cannot say shit to anyone anymore.  Let me stress that EVERYONE is to blame for this,  even the people who supposedly tell it like it is and are anti PC are guilty of this bullshit. 

Two weeks ago a friend of mine was at a gas station outside of his town, he asked a guy a question about a local restaurant and the guy told him "I don't talk to guys."  While my friend wanted to bash the guys skull in he simply told the guy thanks for nothing and went about his way. 

Great post!!  I like your point about everyone being to blame for this.  It's funny how when it comes to bashing American capitalism the most, who is doing that?  American capitalists who produce movies and news which propagate that view!  Such a contradiction would be hilarious to me if not for the fact that it has the very real effect of diminishing the freedom which I wish for my children to enjoy.

As for the oversensitivity crowd, it is a crowd that includes everyone as you said.  As I said, knowing what it's like to be a person who is perceived as being gay, I'm here to say that it really isn't that bad.  Sexuality is simply a private affair for most people and not something anyone really wants to talk about very openly, gay or straight.  I find that people just wish to keep that subject to themselves for the most part.  So to make this out to be a gay thing is not accurate.  If anything, people are sexual-phobic.

I think it is extremely damaging to constantly tell homosexuals that they are the victims of "society" when in reality they are for the most part just lonely due to the very small dating pool they have access to and in many ways self-hating because they would like to be heterosexual.

The best way I can put myself in the shoes of a homosexual is to imagine a world where 90% of women were lesbians.  Imagine falling in love and knowing that it can't go anywhere?  Compound this with a media who constantly tells homosexuals that they are "oppressed" by straight people [when in reality most straight people are just minding their own business] and it's no wonder so many gay people actually believe it to be true.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 12:47:31 AM »
he won't recover.

sad, because it's not a huge deal to be gay these days.  Whatever makes you happy, do that.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 12:51:08 AM »
he won't recover.

sad, because it's not a huge deal to be gay these days.  Whatever makes you happy, do that.

That's true.  No one cares if you are gay.  When people ask me if I'm gay it's just sort of the same as if I was wearing a hat that covered my hair and they asked what colour it was.  It's not like they ask so that they can avoid me or anything.

But we have a media which constantly tells gay people that they are the victims of imaginary bigots and homophobia.  What we actually have is "homophobia-phobia":  Fear of homophobia where none exists!  Although with the amount of brainwashing that is around, it's not surprising that people feel that way.

Bodybuilding Pro.com

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 12:58:13 AM »
The fight from these judges and lawmakers against gay marriage and gay's in the military portray a negative attitude.  I consider myself a homophobe but I don't care what anyone else does.   It is their life.  I just don't want a dick in my ass.   ;D   Just because I do not agree with their lifestyle doesn't mean I have the right to dictate how they live.  Yeah..this country blows.  Seems like we can never move forward in making this a great unified nation.  Well,  9/11 did just that for about a month...if that. 

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 01:13:57 AM »
Was a fan of Men in Thongs for sure, PIP.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 01:25:05 AM »
 :-\

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 01:57:15 AM »
One of many trends.
The more they push acceptance for something the less it derives.
People haven't changed and never will - it's social etiquette to sooth the outcasts.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 02:00:27 AM »
gayer than yogurt. with granola in it, for 'energy'.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 03:39:46 AM »
The roommate sounds like he has some issues wanting to watch his roommate have sex via webcam with a guy on more than one occassion.

People who a truly straight don't have hate or want to ridicule gays... they are indifferent to them the same as gay people are towards them.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 04:12:56 AM »
i was more shocked that that kids last name was "Clementi"

Put it this way, i look at that kid and he doesn't look like someone who would try and steal my rims

owner76

• Getbig II
  • Long Time Lurker
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 04:29:03 AM »
Gayer than shaving your ass in the prison shower.
BODYBUILDING IS GAY

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 04:30:13 AM »
i was more shocked that that kids last name was "Clementi"

Put it this way, i look at that kid and he doesn't look like someone who would try and steal my rims

It'S sad, huh?

I mean, you're italian, have been outed as gay on the internet and haven't done suicide.
Maybe you should give advice to these people.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 04:33:41 AM »
At least he achieved his lifelong dream of being featured on 'Ellen'.

Take It Up The Ass In Peace, lil homey.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 05:23:07 AM »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2010/10/tyler-clementis-family-issues-statement-vigil-set-for-sunday-night/1

I notice in the MTV news link that they are trying to use this incident to push for more laws which will ultimately result in nothing more than the destruction of freedom.  But regarding the actual incident, I find this is another time when people will broadly blame "society" [i.e., straight people, especially straight men, and of course especially straight White men] for this having occurred.

If it is wrong to scapegoat groups of people, why is it alright to scapegoat heterosexuals?  Personally I think that people get made fun of for a variety of reasons and homophobic bullying is but one form of it.  And as I said before numerous people have thought that I was gay in the past and I have never experienced any discrimination for it.  If the alleged homophobia which is said to exist actually exists, why have I never been discriminated for before for the sexual orientation which many people have perceived me as being?
Stop being a big poof Matt

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 06:30:40 AM »
So am I understanding right that he fucked a dude and the dude then posted it online?  How is that anti gay when the guy posting it liked teh cock too???  He killed himself cuz he was emabarrassed and felt betrayed.  Just like if a guy did that to a girl and she then killed herself.

It's amazing how the media can spin shit, and people......who it doesn't even affect will latch on cuz they need a cause and want everyone to know hom compassionate you are.  That's kind what I like about this place.  Everyone can converse, and actaully gets a kick outta each other mostly, but when you act a fool or fuck up you'll hear just that.  It's the way things should be IRL

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 07:04:27 AM »

Matt, the push for a change in laws is pertaining for invasion of privacy issues.  Tyler's roommate filmed him having sex with his boyfriend and showed it live on the internet without his knowledge or consent.   

While there is a push from some extremists to have the charge enhanced to a hate crime but its definitely not even a close to that because its pretty much a very bad college humor prank.  There's no way that the accused could have seen him commit suicide.  These two will likely get probation and of course expelled from college but the fallout will be tremendous and follow them for the rest of their natural born lives which will be punishment enough.     

Your assessment of the case is 100% wrong and its based simply off media coverage.  However, fortunately the media isn't the court of law.
A

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 08:12:49 AM »
Natural selection...

While i certainly feel bad for this gay kids parents, I have ZERO sympathy or tolerance for people who commit suicide. Fuck that kid

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 08:36:49 AM »
It'S sad, huh?

I mean, you're italian, have been outed as gay on the internet and haven't done suicide.
Maybe you should give advice to these people.

lol...pw3nd

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 09:14:21 AM »
Matt:
You closet-hiding, sympathy seeking, attention starved, website traffic boosting little queer....good luck with "coming out" in T-Bag Bay. You might want to google Mathew Shepherd before signing up to lead the local gay pride parade....fag.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2010, 09:14:46 AM »
So am I understanding right that he fucked a dude and the dude then posted it online?  How is that anti gay when the guy posting it liked teh cock too???  He killed himself cuz he was emabarrassed and felt betrayed.  Just like if a guy did that to a girl and she then killed herself.

NO, man!

His roommate set a webcam to film the guy without him knowing. Then, the roommate would watch with friends and post weird announcements on Twitter making comments about it. The kid found out and tweaked. I wish the kid didn't kill himself, but I can imagine his embarrassment didn't have him thinking straight (no pun intended).

He was 18. Everything seems more crucial at 18. Poor fucker.
Almost always, yes.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 09:29:51 AM »
a twink got outed and he killed himself.

big deal
I dont like twinks.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 09:35:06 AM »
NO, man!

His roommate set a webcam to film the guy without him knowing. Then, the roommate would watch with friends and post weird announcements on Twitter making comments about it. The kid found out and tweaked. I wish the kid didn't kill himself, but I can imagine his embarrassment didn't have him thinking straight (no pun intended).

He was 18. Everything seems more crucial at 18. Poor fucker.

Fuck that kid. How can you feel sorry for him?! He committed the ultimate act of selfishness and basically said screw you to his FAMILY, all of his friends, to anyone who means anything to him and willfully gave up his future...

Instead of being a pussy and taking his own life, he could have become a hero for gay rights (lol), sued the SHlT out of those kids that envaded his privacy, gotten them expelled, written a book and became a MILLIONAIRE all for getting caught banging another dude... LOL But no, instead he killed himself...

Whatever... Yawn.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 09:39:35 AM »
And while we are at it, FUCK ELLEN and her agenda!!! College kids kill themselves ALL the time... especially law and med students around exam time... I've heard tons of stories about them jumping off the roof of parking garages and taking the swan dive off bridges... but you never hear Ellen being a champion for their causes... What about all the stress that is put on these kids because of various social factors? LOL

Oh but its a gay kid who got outted by his roommate so Ellen is gonna post a sappy video about "bullying" LOL

F her!