Author Topic: 25 Revolutionary War Ancestors of Sarah Palin  (Read 1968 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
25 Revolutionary War Ancestors of Sarah Palin
« on: October 02, 2010, 04:11:37 PM »

25 Revolutionary War Ancestors of Sarah Palin
Descendants Qualify for DAR & Other Lineage Society Memberships
Jun 26, 2009 Rosemary E. Bachelor

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __

Sarah Palin has at least 25 ancestors who served in the American Revolution. Are any of them shared? If so, descendants can join the DAR and other lineage societies.

The following Revolutionary War soldiers are listed in the Patriot Index, published by the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Descent from these patriots, whose military or other service in the fight for independence is acknowledged by the DAR, qualifies women for DAR membership. It also can qualify women, men and children for membership in several other lineage societies.

Sarah Palin’s Patriot Ancestry
•Jeremiah Bingham (1748-1841/2) of Norwich, CT and Cornwall, VT; married wife Abigail in 1771.
•Joseph Bingham (1709-1787) of Norwich, CT and Bennington, VT; married in 1731 Ruth Post; they were parents of Jeremiah (above).
•Abraham Brownson (ca. 1729-1802) of Woodbury and Bethlehem, CT; married Abigail Hawley (1740-1817) in 1760.
•John Michael Criss (1746-1831), who was born in Germany; married Ursula Hawkins (1746-1820) in 1769.
•Augustine Curtiss (1761-1832) of Warren, CT; married Lodema Sackett (1767-1857) in 1785.
•Maj. Eleazer Curtiss (1736-1788) of Lebanon and Warren, CT; married Mary/Mercy Carter (1739-1805) in 1759; they were parents of Augustine Curtiss (above); Sarah Palin has two lines of descent from this couple.
•Eleazer Curtiss (ca. 1710-1784) of Swansea (now Bristol), RI and Warren, CT; married Mary Dunham (ca. 1715-1788) in 1735; they were parents of Maj. Eleazer Curtiss (above).
•Stephen Damon (1757-1842) of Ware and Hawley, MA; married Rhoda Thayer (1767-1839) in 1785.
•Elias Delong (1746-1800) of New York; married Isabel Dickinson.
•Abner Everett (1760-1852) of Woodbury and Warren, CT; married Jedid(i)ah Brownson (d. 1827) in 1786; Sarah Palin has two lines of descent from this couple.
•Daniel Everett (1714-1792) of Lebanon and Woodbury, CT; married Elizabeth Steele (1719-1794) in 1747; they are the parents of Abner Everett (above).
•Elisha Field (1763-1852) of Bennington and Cornwall, VT; married Ruth Kirkham (1770-1835) in 1790.
•Elisha Field (1717-1791) of Sunderland, MA and Cornwall, VT; married Betty Pratt (1726-1809) in 1753; they were the parents of Elisha Field (above).
•Knowles Godfrey (1762-1794) of Chatham, MA, who died in Charleston, SC; married Mary Ryder in 1786 at Chatham.
•Robert Gower (1723-1806/7) of Norwich, Norfolk, England, came to America before the Revolutionary War. In 1771, he married Mary Henry (1745-1836); both died at Farmington, ME.
•Joseph Heath (1754-1830) of Tolland, CT and Greenwich, NY; married Mabel Rising (1756-1820) in 1777.
•Daniel Hine (1748/9-1835) of New Milford, CT; married Lydia Beecher (1741-1838) in 1769.
•Robert Kelley (1714-1783) married Lydia Marrs in 1771 at Warren, MA.
•Maj. Peter Norton (1718-1792) of Edgartown, MA; married Sarah Bassett (1720-1804) in 1740.
•Capt. Justus Sackett (1730-1815) of East Greenwich (now Hebron), CT; married Lydia Newcomb (1731-1808) in 1757; Sarah Palin has two lines of descent from this couple.
•Nathan Salisbury (1751-1817) of Cranston, RI, and Cortland, NY; married Abigail Stone (1753-1836) in 1771.
•Thomas Sanderson (1746-1824) of Massachusetts married Lucy Wright in 1774.
•Silas Sears (1719/20-1780) of Yarmouth and Greenwich, MA; married Deborah Buck at Harwich, MA in 1743.
•Nathan Westcott (1711-1791) of Cranston and Warwick, RI; married Anne Greene (1712-1744/5) in 1735.

Read more at Suite101: 25 Revolutionary War Ancestors of Sarah Palin: Descendants Qualify for DAR & Other Lineage Society Memberships http://www.suite101.com/content/25-revolutionary-war-ancestors-of-sarah-palin-a127937#ixzz11FI7emwm

________________________ ________________________ ____

I knew there were many reasons I liked her. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: 25 Revolutionary War Ancestors of Sarah Palin
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 04:19:53 PM »
Genealogical charts of Barack Obama's relatives including Presidents George HW Bush, George W. Bush and Harry Truman...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 04:24:02 PM »
Genealogical charts of Barack Obama's relatives including Presidents George HW Bush, George W. Bush and Harry Truman...

and Marx, Mugabe and Mao   :o  :o  :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 04:44:25 PM »
That's pretty cool. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 04:47:40 PM »
That's pretty cool. 

I don't care what anyone says, she is one of the few people speaking out against this disastrous junta in DC while all the fags in the GOP remain silent.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 11:50:48 PM »
I don't care what anyone says, she is one of the few people speaking out against this disastrous junta in DC while all the fags in the GOP remain silent.   

why do you call it a junta?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 11:54:34 PM »

Come on man... This is not some coup... You may not like the guy, but he was rightfully elected.

Why do you do this to yourself?

Just when you seem normal, you go doing this kind of crazy talk.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 12:01:07 AM »
repubs did this by putting up shitty candidates in 2008.

Remember 33 saying he voted for romney BUT HAD NO IDEA HE WRONT ROMNEYCARE?

it was the single biggest issue his opponents hammered him on during the debates - and 33 developed amnesia and voted for a primary guy that supported gun control, abortion rights, amnesty, and universal healthcare, and higher taxes, as governor.

Most of the repub voters did this cause FOX told them these RINOS were "viable candidates".  You dummies giftwrapped the election for obama by voting for a bunch of shitbirds.  Hilary or Obama would have defeated your GOP offering because you put up morons.  mccain was 8 years past his prime.  Palin not smart enough.  Romney is a lib, plain and simple.

It wasn't a coup - you guys GIFTWRAPPED Obama's win by settling for morons... and now you're cheerleading morons like this ODonnell?  Of course... it's why she's 15 points back and she's gonna lose that race. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 12:47:45 AM »
Oh hell ::)  Is this some sick joke?  I have family going back that far in America too.  I can only imagine how stupid I would sound if I started posting my revolutionary war ancestors for credibility. ::)

It would have nothing to do with how I should be judged.  It sure in the hell is not going to make me elevate my opinion of Palin...

This could be your single silliest post ever...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 01:52:21 AM »
Oh hell ::)  Is this some sick joke?  I have family going back that far in America too.  I can only imagine how stupid I would sound if I started posting my revolutionary war ancestors for credibility. ::)

It would have nothing to do with how I should be judged.  It sure in the hell is not going to make me elevate my opinion of Palin...

This could be your single silliest post ever...

My ancestors are rolling dough and pizzas in Bari Italy.  As for your comment  - I have made many silly posts over my time, by really hugo?  Do you want me to bump your Yiipppeeeee thread again?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 02:12:46 AM »
My ancestors are rolling dough and pizzas in Bari Italy.  As for your comment  - I have made many silly posts over my time, by really hugo?  Do you want me to bump your Yiipppeeeee thread again?
bump it.  I'll sticky it for 5 days just for you.  I was honest during the election.  I was honest right after the election.  And I was honest when my opinion of Obama started going south.  I got nothing to hide.

So since your ancestors don't go back that far in America, do you think I am better than you because mine do?  One side of my family has a shorter history here than the other, should I consider the side that's been here since the 1700's better than the other side?  Even you must see how silly it is to suggest some extra level of cred be given.  I choose to judge people for who they are here and now.  You know America has made some very great achievements based on the work of people that were here for a short time, not long off the boat.  This is a terrible thread and a terrible misuse of the people that were here at America's beginnings.

Now go bump that thread lol....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 02:15:15 AM »
 ::)

One of my favorite books ever was The fighting Pattons that exploered the lineage of the original GSP.  I find these things very interesting. 

Don't read anything more into it than that. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 02:26:15 AM »
::)

One of my favorite books ever was The fighting Pattons that exploered the lineage of the original GSP.  I find these things very interesting.  

Don't read anything more into it than that.  
uh huh... sure...  You knew you liked her for some reason lol, complete with pics...  In the manner you posted this, it was suggestive of what I said above.  I sure don't remember you ever posting on this interest of yours before.  why not?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 02:30:39 AM »
uh huh... sure...  You knew you liked her for some reason lol, complete with pics...  In the manner you posted this, it was suggestive of what I said above.  I sure don't remember you ever posting on this interest of yours before.  why not?

Im interested in hot chics from the spanish channels and dont talk about it every day either.  What's your point. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 03:18:05 AM »
whatever 3333...  You clearly didn't show any signs whatsoever that this was a special tribute which added something special to a politician you already liked.  There was nothing in the way you posted this to suggest otherwise lol...  It's only because you have a hobby/interest in these things... lol...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 03:25:55 AM »
3333, you did post this thread with gusto.  Posting DTOM and your modified revolution pic and stating you knew you liked her for some reason.  Clearly you are saying this is a very special attribute, the manner in which you posted at least says that much.  You didn't answer my question; if my family has been here since the revolution and yours has not, am I better than you in some way?  Do I deserve some kudos for who I am where you and your family do not, especially in a political sence?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 03:28:06 AM »
3333, you did post this thread with gusto.  Posting DTOM and your modified revolution pic and stating you knew you liked her for some reason.  Clearly you are saying this is a very special attribute, the manner in which you posted at least says that much.  You didn't answer my question; if my family has been here since the revolution and your has not, am I better than you in some way?  Do I deserve some kudos for that where you and your family do not?

Geez dude - I foumnd it intersting, and you already know I like her.  Whats the big deal?  I fid it cool and wish I could trrace my relatives to the american revolution vs the stromboli cart.  Relax bro. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 03:28:49 AM »
alright, I'll drop it. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 04:49:35 AM »
I hope Palin wins in 2012. The country is doomed anyway, wouldn't mind the laughs.
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 05:02:56 AM »
I hope Palin wins in 2012. The country is doomed anyway, wouldn't mind the laughs.
I think you already said that lol....  And to tell the truth, I'm feeling a bit the same way.  Might as well be Palin...  But I'm done laughing.  I'm just ready to not give a rats ass anymore.

What I laugh at is this:

Bush I: 4 years, mediocre president, typical bitching from the left, a little from the right.  Many things set up that the right wouldn't like
Clinton: major message from the right, destroy him at any means available, bitching from the left ignored entirely.  Many policies past that the left wouldn't want.
Bush II: 8 years bad president, people bitched bigtime on the left and eventually some on the right.  Shit that both the left and right traditionally don't like happen in a full steam ahead approach.
Obama: OMG, THE WORLD IS ENDING...  Continues with everything set in play with no intention of rechecking shit.

And in fact when you look at the progression of all of the shit we don't like, you will indeed see a history of one admin setting it up for the next and so on.  

At what point do people start to ask if they're being played?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 05:05:33 AM »
I think you already said that lol....  And to tell the truth, I'm feeling a bit the same way.  Might as well be Palin...  But I'm done laughing.  I'm just ready to not give a rats ass anymore.

What I laugh at is this:

Bush I: 4 years, mediocre president, typical bitching from the left, a little from the right.  Many things set up that the right wouldn't like
Clinton: major message from the right, destroy him at any means available, bitching from the left ignored entirely.  Many policies past that the left wouldn't want.
Bush II: 8 years bad president, people bitched bigtime on the left and eventually some on the right.  Shit that both the left and right traditionally don't like happen in a full steam ahead approach.
Obama: OMG, THE WORLD IS ENDING...  Continues with everything set in play with no intention of rechecking shit.

And in fact when you look at the progression of all of the shit we don't like, you will indeed see a history of one admin setting it up for the next and so on. 

At what point do people start to ask if they're being played?

They never ask it Hugo.
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 05:08:51 AM »
They never ask it Hugo.
some of us do, many do not and many refuse to even ask it.  It would upset them to much I guess...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 06:16:16 AM »
some of us do, many do not and many refuse to even ask it.  It would upset them to much I guess...

::)  ::)

i don't understand why people post on a political board if their answer to every issue and every event is "both sides suck". 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2010, 07:44:50 AM »
::)  ::)

i don't understand why people post on a political board if their answer to every issue and every event is "both sides suck". 

are you fucking kidding me jackass?  You don't think I've put my time into issues, into politics?  You're going to come at me like I'm saying both sides suck as if I entered this shit yesterday a noob?  Are you fucking kidding me asshole?  You really want to talk about this?  I'm fucking ready anytime.  Are you ready to actually talk about something without making excuses for what you just said, that's the real question.  Fuck you for this question, you know it's shit.  And beyond that, how fucking funny that you yourself have said things to suggest the same situation and yet not miss an opportunity to play a side.  3333, is that the reply I give to everything, that "both sides suck?"  You're fucking full of shit.  I've had plenty to say about things, just not plenty to say about what the dems and republicans are doing about it which is a fucking valid point asshole, they are both fucking us over, they are both setting up shit for the other to slam in and you fucking know it...

Anyfuckingtime, bring it!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2010, 07:45:37 AM »
get the fucking popcorn people, let's get this shit started...