Author Topic: Reccoment a Laptop - $800 to $1000  (Read 5181 times)

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
Reccoment a Laptop - $800 to $1000
« on: October 03, 2010, 07:19:17 PM »
I do some video gaming and watch lots of movies, and I need a laptop.  What one should I buy?  I thought about going to a computer forum but I know people on getbig know more about these things.

thank you.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Reccoment a Laptop - $800 to $1000
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 06:50:53 AM »
Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q885 TruBrite 18.4-Inch Laptop (Black/Red)
$999.99
No Tax, Free Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Qosmio-X505-Q885-TruBrite-18-4-Inch/dp/B003N17BRI/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1286286347&sr=1-4

* 18.4-inch high-definition TruBrite display with 1680 x 945 resolution for amazing color depth and clarity and native 720p (HD+) support.
      Learn More

2.4 GHz Intel Core i5-450M dual-core processor for smart performance with a speed boost (2.66 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology; 3 MB L3 cache). Intel's Turbo Boost technology maximizes speed for demanding applications, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload--providing more performance when you need it the most. It also comes equipped with Intel HD Graphics--an advanced video engine that delivers smooth, high-quality HD video playback, and advanced 3D capabilities, providing an ideal graphics solution for everyday computing.
      Learn More

* 500 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM)
      Learn More

* 4 GB of DDR3 RAM (upgradeable to 8 GB) gives you the bandwidth you need to get the most of today's popular software, multitask all day long and run applications without a glitch.
      Learn More

* NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M with 1 GB GDDR5 discrete graphics memory offers what gamers want most--hyper-realistic action with intense 3D visuals, plus vibrant, lifelike scenes and dynamic character effects--thanks to NVIDIA's PhysX technology. It goes beyond everyday gaming with built-in CUDA technology to speed demanding system tasks, like video playback and HD movie editing. You'll also enjoy up to a 50 percent improvement over previous generation mobile graphics processors, and a more rewarding Windows 7 experience with accelerated video and image processing (2298 MB total available graphics memory).
      Learn More

* 8x SuperMulti DVD drive with double layer support and Labelflash printing, which enables you to personalize your discs and keep them looking attractive and organized with direct-to-disc laser printing.
      Learn More

* Wireless Connectivity
          o With its integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking capabilities, this laptop provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers).
            Learn More

* Harman Kardon stereo speakers bring an added dimension to music, movies and gaming with rich, immersive virtual surround sound.
    * Dolby Home Theater suite of technologies delivers virtual surround sound from stereo speakers or any pair of headphones.
      Learn More

* Up to 3.75 hours of battery life (12-cell battery; 87 Wh)
      Learn More

* Dimensions & Weight: 17.4 x 11.6 x .63 inches (WxDxH); 9.7 pounds
      Learn More

Networking, Connectivity & Expansion

* 4 total USB ports with 1 eSATA/USB combo port that also features Sleep and Charge capabilities. The combo eSATA/USB port enables you to connect to compatible external hard drives for lightning fast transfers of large multimedia files--up to 5 times faster than via a standard USB port.
    * FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals.
    * HDMI-CEC high-definition audio/video output allows a single cable to transmit uncompressed high-definition video to your compatible digital TV or external monitor. The HDMI-CEC connection also allows you to control additional media players with just a single remote as well as scale up movies and games to 1080p high-definition video.
    * VGA video output (analog, RGB)
    * Combo headphone S/PDIF digital audio output plus microphone/line-in jack
    * Multi-format memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Multi Media Card, xD Picture Card
    * ExpressCard (34/54) slot lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features.
    * Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium operating system (64-bit version), you'll be able to easily create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. Windows 7 is the easiest, fastest, and most engaging version of Windows yet. Better ways to find and manage files, like Jump Lists and improved taskbar previews, help you speed through everyday tasks. Windows 7 is designed for faster and more reliable performance, so your PC just works the way you want it to.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 09:36:40 PM »
good post loco!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 10:09:54 PM »
Agreed... That's a machine right there!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »
Thanks!

Johenyst

• Getbig I
Reccoment a Laptop 800 to 1000
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 02:47:18 AM »
I have about 25-30 yards as a second job. What would be best for me a cheap laptop or some sort of handheld pda? To keep up with schedules, payments, maintenance, etc.  I was thinking of a handheld pda of some sort. Also what’s kind or brand do you recommend? I am using a calender at this time. which is not to good.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 10:21:32 AM »
I have about 25-30 yards as a second job. What would be best for me a cheap laptop or some sort of handheld pda? To keep up with schedules, payments, maintenance, etc.  I was thinking of a handheld pda of some sort. Also what’s kind or brand do you recommend? I am using a calender at this time. which is not to good.

Get an iPad or a Motorola Xoom.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: Reccoment a Laptop 800 to 1000
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 07:16:50 PM »

I would get a netbook for $250