Author Topic: Hell in the Cell PPV results....  (Read 4867 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Hell in the Cell PPV results....
« on: October 04, 2010, 04:35:16 AM »
Danial Bryan defeated John Morrison & The Miz in a three way tap out match to retain the U.S.Title.

Edge defeated Jack Swagger

Natalya Defeated Michelle McCool by DQ (McCool retains the womens title)

Randy Orton defeated Sheamus to retain the WWE title

Wade Barrett defeated John Cena *Cena had to join Nexus*

Kane defeated the Undertaker in a Hell in the Cell match after Paul Bearer turned heel and handed Kane an Urn to hit the Undertaker.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Hell in the Cell PPV results....
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 12:43:28 PM »
this is a sorry excuse for a pay for view.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 04:45:33 PM »
Shortly after last night's Hell in a Cell PPV, Paul Bearer posted the following on his Twitter account:

“About 2am time to try to get some rest. I do appreciate you all no matter what your opinion is of my actions tonight. Business is business. Storyline wise, you must remember UT buried me in concrete. Kane is my blood. Were my actions justified… matter of opinion. Good night.”

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 05:30:55 AM »
Wow.....

Several children who were at the PPV were actually crying after John Cena lost to Wade Barrett. A few parents left the arena with their kids before the show ended due to the finish of that match. Really.

-- As John Cena held Wade Barrett in the STF during their bout at Hell in a Cell, two mystery assailants stormed the ring — one distracting the referee while the other blasted The Champ in the head with a foreign object, knocking him out cold and giving The Nexus ringleader the duke. Per the stipulation of the contest, Cena must join the heel faction.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 05:35:57 AM »
Several children who were at the PPV were actually crying after John Cena lost to Wade Barrett.

Shades of Sammartino...

;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 05:38:07 AM »

Shades of Sammartino...

;D
lol, I think parents need to smarten their kids up a bit. Hell, when I was 11 and Randy Savage lost the IC title to Steamboat at WM3 I was pissed but I didn't slit my wrists or go off the deep end. Apparently there is a youtube video that a father sent in that is making headwaves because his son is a big Cena fan and when Cena lost, the kid went ape shit.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 05:57:05 AM »
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that, while parents should be up front with their kids concerning real & make-believe, the kids should exercise a little bit of common sense by a certain age.

Two of my buddies, each about 14 yrs older than me, grew up watching Sammartino, Scicluna, etc., and they were smart to the business because common sense enabled them to see pro-wrestling for what it is.

My parents explained (basically) kayfabe to me when I started watching around age 5. I watched it like any other movie or action show on TV.

I’m wondering if these kids who believe it’s “real” and get all emotional, or copy shit they see on their friends, have any common sense.

I’m wondering if their parents have any common sense.
Regardless, whether you’re not smart enough to know it’s a show, or you DO know, but neglect to bother explaining it to your kids, you really have no business being a parent.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 06:02:22 AM »
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that, while parents should be up front with their kids concerning real & make-believe, the kids should exercise a little bit of common sense by a certain age.

Two of my buddies, each about 14 yrs older than me, grew up watching Sammartino, Scicluna, etc., and they were smart to the business because common sense enabled them to see pro-wrestling for what it is.

My parents explained (basically) kayfabe to me when I started watching around age 5. I watched it like any other movie or action show on TV.

I’m wondering if these kids who believe it’s “real” and get all emotional, or copy shit they see on their friends, have any common sense.

Regardless, whether you’re not smart enough to know it’s a show, or you DO know, but neglect to bother explaining it to your kids, you really have no business being a parent.

Very well said, Mont. I couldn't agree more.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »
Yeah, but I think Chef Timmy got upset for different reasons.
You knew and understood what wrestling is, and your emotions/opinions were based on your disapprobation over the direction of the characters' story line.

But, some of these tards act as though an actual hero has really fallen.

There's a big difference between suspending disbelief for two hours to enjoy a show and believing that weekly WWE programming is real life.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 05:00:33 AM »
I did get emotional over those matches and many others. But those two were the worst. Especially Hulkster. I was reminded of the Hitman/Perfect match two weeks ago when Timmy went to MSG for Wrestling. It was themed a night dedicated the Hitman Hart. In between matches they would show Hart matches on the Big screen and the Fink would narrate what they were. Cool part was the pop Mr. Perfect got when Fink was introducing the IC match at SS. Worst part was seeing the highlights of it! Then the Fink said the match was labeled as the best Wrestling match that was ever in MSG. In my opinion it was the worst. OK Perfect looses to Bret. But he didn't have to loose the way he did. That was humiliating! Pisses me off thinking about it.

The Hart/Perfect SS91 match was one of the best ever. Hart was awarded the IC title due to paying his dues in the business and starting his career as a singles competitor getting away from the tag team scene. Perfect had a very bad back and performed very well going above and beyond to entertain the crowd. Hart lost to bulldog at SS92 in England in a similar fashion in one of the best wrestling matches much to a lot of people's dismay. That's the way the business goes.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 08:13:46 PM »

I'm not sure I agree with you there.  My 6 year old watches with me, but I'm not gonna explain to him that it's all fake, that the winners are already decided, and that the storylines are scripted, purely because that is going to take away from his enjoyment of it.  As an adult, we can accept the product and enjoy it for what it is, but at 6 years old, I think it's unfair to take that away from him.

Now a lot of how we view this differently is probably based on how we grew up ourselves.  I didn't accept that it wasn't real until I was about 10 I think, so I've got that as my experience as a fan, which I would guess is why I'd like him to have that same experience.

The kids who react like the one mentioned above have much greater issues than whether they know about kayfabe or not.  If they're reacting this way to Cena joining Nexus, what happens when they see a character die in the latest Disney film?  Higher levels of sensitivity/emotion seems to be a trend among the younger generation in general.  I'm not quite sure why?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 05:19:22 AM »
Not surprisingly, this man was extremely upset by Cena's loss:

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 05:35:23 AM »
Kids need to know its fake otherwise they will think its cool to chair shot someone in the head next time they're in the school yard.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 10:53:11 AM »
I don’t believe that being “smart” adversely affected my enjoyment of the show.
I don’t think kids need to believe wrestling is real to enjoy it anymore than they need to believe Spongebob is real to enjoy the cartoon.

Emulating outrageous acts seen on their favorite shows is not something reserved for the mean-spirited or mentally imbalanced.
I knew plenty of good kids who got injured via horseplay, just messing around with things they saw on TV because they didn‘t understand the real life repercussions associated with those acts.

I never DDT’d any of my little school friends or cracked a teacher with a chair after seeing it on TV because I knew those depictions were “pretend.”
When dealing with shows featuring any kind of violence, I think it’s imperative that parents stress the fact that it’s all make-believe, lest their kids grow up with a warped sense of reality.

Start'em right.
Start'em young.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 11:12:21 AM »
I don’t believe that being “smart” adversely affected my enjoyment of the show.
I don’t think kids need to believe wrestling is real to enjoy it anymore than they need to believe Spongebob is real to enjoy the cartoon.

Emulating outrageous acts seen on their favorite shows is not something reserved for the mean-spirited or mentally imbalanced.
I knew plenty of good kids who got injured via horseplay, just messing around with things they saw on TV because they didn‘t understand the real life repercussions associated with those acts.

I never DDT’d any of my little school friends or cracked a teacher with a chair after seeing it on TV because I knew those depictions were “pretend.”
When dealing with shows featuring any kind of violence, I think it’s imperative that parents stress the fact that it’s all make-believe, lest their kids grow up with a warped sense of reality.

Start'em right.
Start'em young.

Mont, you should get your own talk show. You'd make millions  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »
Dr. Phil - I've had my eyes on that fat phucker's spot for some time now.

Actually, after seeing a few episodes of some different daytime talk shows, I'm seriously convinced I could do it at least just as well.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 01:23:20 PM »
Dr. Phil - I've had my eyes on that fat phucker's spot for some time now.

Actually, after seeing a few episodes of some different daytime talk shows, I'm seriously convinced I could do it at least just as well.

Dr.Phil and Rachel Ray ring in 30 mil per year. I'm convinced you or even I could do a better job at entertaining the masses...and offering advices...only the right advices that is  :)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 01:40:42 PM »
Dude, when you're a celebrity, everything you say is right since, for some reason, you know better than everyone else - especially when it comes to politics.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 03:24:51 PM »

Were they messing around because they thought it was real, or because they were simply 'playing wrestling'?  They'll do it whether they believe in the product or not, the difference maker is whether they've been told that hurting other people is wrong.  I believed, but I never tried to suplex anyone through a table, because I knew that that was wrong, full stop.

I've raised my son the same way, and he understands in exactly the same way.  He watches a variety of TV programmes, he's sat with me and watched sports, pre-watershed 'Cops' style shows, and I know that he can watch these without making a violent tackle on the football pitch, or assaulting someone in the street.

I think it basically comes down this:  If you raise your children right, whether they believe in kayfabe or not shouldn't be an issue to how they act.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 05:35:50 PM »
Were they messing around because they thought it was real, or because they were simply 'playing wrestling'?  They'll do it whether they believe in the product or not, the difference maker is whether they've been told that hurting other people is wrong.

They messed about because they didn't understand that what they were copying was fictitious and potentially/likely harmful.
My friends and I play-wrestled, too, but we never got hurt because we knew it was a work and didn't attempt anything we couldn't do safely.
But, not all kids could differentiate between "pretend" and "safe."
They simply thought that if they saw it on TV, they must be able to do it, too.

It wasn't limited to wrestling, either.
They copied stupid little “stunts” they saw on TV and in movies.
And they weren’t doing it to be malicious, either.
These kids were just friends having fun and horsing around in a good way.

Like I said in my above post, not understanding the potentially harmful effects of what they see (and ultimately copy) can affect ALL kids; not just the bad ones.
Even innocent & playful buffoonery amongst friends can fukk people up when they don't realize the ramifications of "what" they're playing.

This scenario is somewhat analogous to gun safety.
Kids see guns used on TV & want to shoot them like their heros.
Of course, no kid should ever handle a gun unsupervised.
Gun injuries and fatalities can result from violent intent or accidental misuse.
If kids understand that guns are nothing to play with, then we greatly reduce the chance of incidents among at least the good kids.

Now, replace guns with wrestling - or just TV in general.
You’ll never stop evil people from doing evil, but you can help prevent accidents by educating kids so that they think twice before trying something stupid in the name of fun.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
I agree with most of that, but there has to be a limit to how much we protect our kids.  Obviously guns and violence should be drilled in to them from a young age, but whether he knows about kayfabe or not really isn't that much of an issue to me.  He'll soon figure it out as he gets older and hears me talking about stuff. 

With other things though, you've got to let them go out and do things that kids do.  I used to climb trees and fall out, come off my bike, get hurt play fighting, and it's not done me any harm.  Too many kids are wrapped up in cotton wool by their parents and legislation, and they miss out on so many experiences.  Now I'm not saying that they should be carrying penknives as they cross busy roads in the dark, but there's a place in the middle which is a good thing.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 06:43:39 AM »
I agree with most of that, but there has to be a limit to how much we protect our kids.  Obviously guns and violence should be drilled in to them from a young age, but whether he knows about kayfabe or not really isn't that much of an issue to me.  He'll soon figure it out as he gets older and hears me talking about stuff. 

With other things though, you've got to let them go out and do things that kids do.  I used to climb trees and fall out, come off my bike, get hurt play fighting, and it's not done me any harm.  Too many kids are wrapped up in cotton wool by their parents and legislation, and they miss out on so many experiences.  Now I'm not saying that they should be carrying penknives as they cross busy roads in the dark, but there's a place in the middle which is a good thing.
Good post.