Author Topic: Dennis James says "Phil Heath was the clear Winner"  (Read 7280 times)

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
Re: Dennis James says "Phil Heath was the clear Winner"
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »
Considering DJ is an old washed up bodybuilder with bad eyes, you could see where he could make that mistake thinking Phil won..  ;D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 09:57:28 AM »
In DJ's eyes, Phil Heath was the winner.  In many other peoples eyes, Jay's muscularity beat Phil's total overall look.   As someone said to me, bodybuilding is first about muscles.

Bodybuilding is the muscle.

King_Raisin

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 10:08:29 AM »
DJ dropped the hammer on Cutler during his PBW interview and said Heath was the clear winner.  He also said T. Freeman should not have been in Top 10.

Good stuff. The best interviews are always with RETIRED bodybuilders who are no longer afraid to speaks the truth.

I don't put much stock into competitors' opinions (even retired ones) since they lack objectivity and will likely favor a physique similar to their own.  Also, bitterness and such from past competitions comes into play when these guys talk.  Cormier is another retired guy, and I think he predicted defending champion and then 3x Mr Olympia Jay Cutler to come in like 4th or something...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »
In DJ's eyes, Phil Heath was the winner.  In many other peoples eyes, Jay's muscularity beat Phil's total overall look.   As someone said to me, bodybuilding is first about muscles.

jay wasnt really bigger than phil. jay has a bit more width across the chest and shoulders, thats it. phil is just as big everywhere else, even slightly bigger in some places (arms), but he had more detail and much much more aesthetics. phil looked fucking awesome, super shredded, insane X frame, very nice look to his body. jay was just massive and lean. he didnt look very good in any of the poses compared to phil

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 10:19:04 AM »

of course, Phil haven't enough Muscle to win. ::)
$

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 10:19:26 AM »
DJ dropped the hammer on Cutler during his PBW interview and said Heath was the clear winner.  He also said T. Freeman should not have been in Top 10.

Good stuff. The best interviews are always with RETIRED bodybuilders who are no longer afraid to speaks the truth.

Always tryin to keep the white man down.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 10:49:20 AM »
jay wasnt really bigger than phil. jay has a bit more width across the chest and shoulders, thats it. phil is just as big everywhere else, even slightly bigger in some places (arms), but he had more detail and much much more aesthetics. phil looked fucking awesome, super shredded, insane X frame, very nice look to his body. jay was just massive and lean. he didnt look very good in any of the poses compared to phil

In person, jay has a major size advantage.

But because of Phil's shape, his sillouette (sp) and "on stage illusion" allows him to look 20lbs bigger than he really is (that is a good thing)

jays legs are def bigger than Phils

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »
Great.....the handsdown winner of the "Looking great 3 weeks out with a lifting belt on" contest has to weigh in........

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 11:42:57 AM »
DJ is with AMI.  He's not going to say a fridge from MD is better than AMI's current golden boy.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 12:04:28 PM »
Who cares what DJ said? Shawn said Ronnie shouldn't have won in 98 , Flex said he was number 1 in 99 , Kevin said he beat Ronnie in 00 , competitors are the worse judges

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 12:45:23 PM »
dennis is half white.

Well the winner was either Cutler or Heath. I have no problem with people feeling heath won. To each his own. But jay has the extra 30lbs and Jay took the title.

Yeah, Jay has extra 30 pds in his midsection, Phil has bigger arms and legs. ::)

But ok, this year it was close, as Jay was by far not as good as last year, but not a complete mess like in 2008. Next year Phil kicks his ass, I'm pretty sure. The best back wins the Olympia, and Phils back is untouchable right now.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »
I could have seen the Mr. O going either way... Jay is a lot wider than Phil, but Phil's symmetry and balance are friggin awesome. Overall I prefer Phil's look. (no homo)

Muscleboy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 04:20:48 PM »
Yeah, Jay has extra 30 pds in his midsection, Phil has bigger arms and legs. ::)

But ok, this year it was close, as Jay was by far not as good as last year, but not a complete mess like in 2008. Next year Phil kicks his ass, I'm pretty sure. The best back wins the Olympia, and Phils back is untouchable right now.
I thought this was a pic of ronnie at first

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2010, 04:33:09 PM »
And if you put a pic up of Cutler from the same angle, you can see him severely lacking. From any angle, Cutler has a subpar back. Period.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2010, 05:05:38 PM »
Phils lack of width when doing front poses in comparison hurts him when compared to Jay when you take the judging methods into consideration. I would rather Phil everyday of the week but I understand the judging whether it be right or wrong and understand that Cutler won under that criteria, the only thing is under that criteria jay will always beat Phil unless hes off and Phils on, as his width issue is a structural one that wont be overcome with an inch more delt width added either side. 

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2010, 05:07:22 PM »
Well, I guess that nixes the idea that gh15 is DJ. gh15 is decidedly not a Phil Heath fan.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2010, 05:12:36 PM »
Phils lack of width in the waist when doing front poses in comparison hurts him when compared to Jay when you take the judging methods into consideration. I would rather Phil everyday of the week but I understand the judging whether it be right or wrong and understand that Cutler won under that criteria, the only thing is under that criteria jay will always beat Phil unless hes off and Phils on, as his width issue is a structural one that wont be overcome with an inch more delt width added either side. 
Fixed, in accordance to the "judging criteria".

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »

You can't mistake the two , Phil has calves  ;D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2010, 07:20:18 PM »
GH15= not dennis james because gh15 hates phil heath because he has small clavicles.
Don't you know everyone has changed their minds about Phils clavicles.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »
Maybe we'll find out if he is gh15!!

GH15 knows that Phil Heath is a fraud bro

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2010, 12:05:29 AM »
Very true, and this speaks volumes about the "sport".

When you have to be afraid to speak your opinion or criticize anything, you know that there's sth fishy.

Nobody's afraid to speak their mind as far as I can tell. This isn't some kind of secret judging conspiracy being uncovered, it's just DJ being wrong. Heath looked great but Jay destroyed Heath pretty convincingly. If DJ is arguing shape and detail are better than blobby mass then he's the biggest hypocrit mass monster ever.

Wee Laddy

• Getbig II
  • Bow to your bunny overlords!
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2010, 12:39:40 AM »
It seems that once a decade, a "never-like-it-before" bodybuilder comes along that sets a new standard and changes everything (for good or ill).

Recently, Haney, Yates and Coleman.

It's not surprising that the guy who set the standard beats everybody else, even when undeserving (i.e. Yates in his final years).

Currently, there is no new "never-like-it-before" bodybuilder.  There's a vacuum.  I think that Cutler is winning on the last standard set by Coleman: PURE SIZE.

Heath needs a transformation like Yates in 1993 or Coleman when he came out of obscurity before he reigns for the next decade.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2010, 12:45:25 AM »
It seems that once a decade, a "never-like-it-before" bodybuilder comes along that sets a new standard and changes everything (for good or ill).

Recently, Haney, Yates and Coleman.

It's not surprising that the guy who set the standard beats everybody else, even when undeserving (i.e. Yates in his final years).

Currently, there is no new "never-like-it-before" bodybuilder.  There's a vacuum.  I think that Cutler is winning on the last standard set by Coleman: PURE SIZE.

Heath needs a transformation like Yates in 1993 or Coleman when he came out of obscurity before he reigns for the next decade.
This is what I was saying in my thread, a vacuum has been created...Cutler, was the not the best, is not the best, but he served as a supposedly rightful heir to Ronnie, but he doesn't have that awe and shock about him, Phil does...the only thing Jay has is his refridgerator size...The man did what he could last year and came in great, better than ever, but still he is lacking 

Wee Laddy

• Getbig II
  • Bow to your bunny overlords!
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2010, 12:47:22 AM »
This is what I was saying in my thread, a vacuum has been created...
Just saw that thread... I did pretty much rip off your point, it seems.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2010, 12:52:09 AM »
Just saw that thread... I did pretty much rip off your point, it seems.
Naw, you put it more succinctly than I did.