Author Topic: California Governor: Two New Polls Confirm Brown Rebound  (Read 1955 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
California Governor: Two New Polls Confirm Brown Rebound
« on: October 05, 2010, 07:27:20 AM »
views646 Get Politics Alerts

Email Comments 646 Two new automated surveys on the California governors race confirm that Democrat Jerry Brown now narrowly leads Republican Meg Whitman by a narrow margin. Other new surveys released over the last 24 hours show Richard Blumenthal's lead holding in Connecticut, reconfirm the razor close margin in the Illinois Senate race and present something of a puzzle on the Ohio governor's race.

In California, the latest automated poll from SurveyUSA shows Brown leading by four percentage points (47% to 43%), while an update from Rasmussen Reports has Brown ahead by five (49% to 44%).

While the new surveys show the usual random variation, a clear shift in the data is evident: Over three weeks in late August and early September, five surveys (all but one automated) showed Whitman holding modest single-point advantages and winning between 47% and 51% of the vote. The seven surveys conducted since September 15, however, (including four using live interviewers) all show Whitman with less than 44% of the vote. While our standard trend estimate now shows Brown leading narrowly (46.2% to 44.6%), our more sensitive trend lines appear to more accurately capture the recent data and show Brown leading seven percentage points (48.8% to 41.8%).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: California Governor: Two New Polls Confirm Brown Rebound
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 07:29:14 AM »
i hope those idiots vote for Brown.  They will deserve every miserable thing that happens. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 07:37:19 AM »
i if she throws another 120 million of her own money i think she can pull even  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 07:38:28 AM »
(R)asmussen Reports has Brown ahead by five (49% to 44%).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 07:39:44 AM »
i if she throws another 120 million of her own money i think she can pull even  ;D

I hope they do vote for Moon Beam.  When the state collapses, they will still be clinging to enviro insanity, massive taxes, forcing productive taxpayers out of the state.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 07:41:36 AM »
I hope they do vote for Moon Beam.  When the state collapses, they will still be clinging to enviro insanity, massive taxes, forcing productive taxpayers out of the state. 

honestly, what would whitman do differently?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 07:45:33 AM »

She is a business woman and knowes how to read a balance sheet at least. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 07:58:23 AM »

This coming from the guy who asks "honestly what would McCain have done differently".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 08:01:23 AM »
This coming from the guy who asks "honestly what would McCain have done differently".

240 - why dont we take the last 100 threads you have posted and see what percentage are bashing the repubs and how many are bashing the dems? 

As for Moon Beam -  Calif voters voting for this are going to get everything they deserve - higher taxes, more regulation and mandate, more deficit, more enviro insanity, more taxpayers fleeing the state, higher UE, etc. 

suckers. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 09:36:47 AM »
i hope those idiots vote for Brown.  They will deserve every miserable thing that happens. 

Fuck that. The rest of us have to live here too.

Jerry can govern SFran and the LA area. Meg can work for the rest of us.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 09:39:20 AM »
She is a business woman and knowes how to read a balance sheet at least. 

from what i recall, she outsourced a shitload of american jobs.  yeah, not sure that's what we're looking for.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 09:40:48 AM »
240 - why dont we take the last 100 threads you have posted and see what percentage are bashing the repubs and how many are bashing the dems? 

I care about dog shit in my own yard.  not so much about dog shit in the neighbor's yard.

People on getbig say it's okay for their yard to be covered in turds - because the neighbor's yard's turds smell worse.

Now, if youre done attacking me personally... why do you think whitman skipping 3rd debate despite her falling popularity?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 09:41:23 AM »
from what i recall, she outsourced a shitload of american jobs.  yeah, not sure that's what we're looking for.

::)  ::)

Unreal.  240 - lately you never cease to amaze me with your posts.  Embarassing would be a compliment at this point.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 09:45:44 AM »
::)  ::)

Unreal.  240 - lately you never cease to amaze me with your posts.  Embarassing would be a compliment at this point. 

okay.  youve attacked me.  gotten it out of your system.

Now, please tell me what she did as a 'business woman' that was so awesome.  Didn't she outsource a shitload of american jobs?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 09:47:40 AM »
okay.  youve attacked me.  gotten it out of your system.

Now, please tell me what she did as a 'business woman' that was so awesome.  Didn't she outsource a shitload of american jobs?

Guess how many domestic jobs she created and were spun off out of Ebay?   tens of thousands. 

240 - honest to God - are you just playing this act lately for shits and giggles?   

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 09:49:50 AM »

240 = another blind union supporter. Jobs get outsourced because the labor costs or regulations makes doing the here impossible.

Address that and outsourcing won't happen.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 09:51:25 AM »
Do you guys realize that ebay created tens of thousands of jobs in this country by people forming their own small businesses of of this allowing people to work from home and turn garage sales and other crap into a job and employment? 

240 - be honest - you are putting us on lately? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 10:06:02 AM »
eh, i take adversarial positions when this place is dead.

i have to laugh if anyone really thinks i'm serious ALL of the time.  it's also funny how personally some ppl take a silly message board for debating. 

remember, if we both agree 100% on an issue, one of us isn't necessary in that discussion ;)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 10:26:34 AM »
eh, i take adversarial positions when this place is dead.

i have to laugh if anyone really thinks i'm serious ALL of the time.  it's also funny how personally some ppl take a silly message board for debating. 

remember, if we both agree 100% on an issue, one of us isn't necessary in that discussion ;)

Some of us dont tolerate liars well.When a guy claims he voted for Bob Barr and then rants and raves about amnesty not even knowing Barr is an amnesty supporter,we see that as the guy being a liar or a dunce.

When we see a guy claiming he is a libertarian but supporting ANY aspect of the health care scheme,we think the guy is a liar or a fraud.

When we see a guy intent on attacking conservative women non stop,we say the guy is either gay or a pussy scared of strong women.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 10:31:19 AM »
Honestly, I don't see how you can not be "for" amnesty as a politician these days... Also, I don't understand why the idea of "amnesty" is some big deal.

You take the illegals... You say fine... You are here... You are now legal.

You give them a social security card and you say, "You will now pay taxes."

Then you stop having drug laws and you give everyone who is in prison for a drug violation their freedom.

Then, you start enforcing the immigration laws we have and you say, "If I find illegals, I will not deport you, I will lock you in prison."

I have no saved the prison industry, repealed most drug laws, and solved our immigration issues with one swoop.

Boom.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 10:34:41 AM »
Honestly, I don't see how you can not be "for" amnesty as a politician these days... Also, I don't understand why the idea of "amnesty" is some big deal.

Then you stop having drug laws and you give everyone who is in prison for a drug violation their freedom.

Then, you start enforcing the immigration laws we have and you say, "If I find illegals, I will not deport you, I will lock you in prison."

I have no saved the prison industry, repealed most drug laws, and solved our immigration issues with one swoop.

Boom.

Here is the problem - the politicans always do the first thing, which is easy, but nwever get around to the hard part about enforcing the law.  We have been down this road many many times before and the taxpayers know what will happen. 

we will get flooded with millions more illegals knowing that so long as they stay here long enough, eventually the govt will get overwhwelmed again and just give in to them. 

FUCK THAT - ILLEGALS NEED TO BE CATAPULTED OUT OF HERE ASAP - EVERY ONE OF THEM. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 10:36:20 AM »

Boom.

And since it's no big deal to break the laws, lets give amnesty to al criminals who are currently on the run, and tell the, "Hey if we catch you again, we are going to put you in jail (maybe)".

And then since the illegals now have SS cards, there is no doubt they will stop working under the table and committing the massive tax fraud they all do now, because, hey, they are going to all be legal and honest, law abiding citizens, right?

And aafter all the drug addicts and dealers get out, it will be ok if they hurt people while in a drug addled haze because we now will have Obama care, and thee injured will be able to get fixed, so what the hell, right?

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 10:40:56 AM »
Here is the problem - the politicans always do the first thing, which is easy, but nwever get around to the hard part about enforcing the law.  We have been down this road many many times before and the taxpayers know what will happen. 

we will get flooded with millions more illegals knowing that so long as they stay here long enough, eventually the govt will get overwhwelmed again and just give in to them. 

FUCK THAT - ILLEGALS NEED TO BE CATAPULTED OUT OF HERE ASAP - EVERY ONE OF THEM. 

So how come it's ok for a mexican to break the law, and all that happens is he gets to get a free ride home, yet the cops rarely let any of the rest of us just go home after doing somthing bad?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 10:41:36 AM »
It's a pretty fucked situation when politicians on both sides don't want to do the right thing because they don't want to lose votes.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »
So how come it's ok for a mexican to break the law, and all that happens is he gets to get a free ride home, yet the cops rarely let any of the rest of us just go home after doing somthing bad?

Exactly... Find them guilty of invading our country or something and put them in prison.

Once enough people are in prison, people will stop crossing illegally... Freedom is a powerful motivator.

Will my taxes pay for some prison shit... sure... but I guarantee you that once a few people are in prison for being illegal, they won't be trying to be illegal.

Since I've already fixed the issue about paying taxes, then I don't see why people wouldn't be on board with it.