Author Topic: 89,000 Stim Checks of $250 went to people who were either dead or in jail.  (Read 643 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER, Associated Press Writer Stephen Ohlemacher, Associated Press Writer
19 mins ago

www.yahoo.com

________________________ ________________________ __

.WASHINGTON – A government investigator says 89,000 stimulus payments of $250 each went to people who were either dead or in prison.

The Social Security Administration's inspector general said in a report Thursday that $18 million went to 72,000 people who were dead. The report estimates that a little more than half the payments were returned.

The report said $4.3 million went to a little more than 17,000 prison inmates.

The payments were part of the government's massive economic recovery package enacted in February 2009. Under the law, the $250 payments were sent to about 52 million Social Security recipients and federal retirees.

________________________ ________________________ _

HOPE AND CHANGE ASSHOLES! ! !  ! !  ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Hereford

• Getbig V
Well, hopefully much of those checks were confiscated by the courts and used to repay fines, restitution, etc.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
This happens every year.  Same way from the rebate checks during the Bush years.  Been going on longer than your "Hope and Change" cryfest.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
This happens every year.  Same way from the rebate checks during the Bush years.  Been going on longer than your "Hope and Change" cryfest.
LMFAO maybe you misunderstood the meaning of the phrase "Hope and CHANGE"

obama was supposed to make everything right again and we were supposed to hold hands while cooking smores and singing kumbuhya

Instead we get more of the same?

wheres the change?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
You must have thought I said Obama was going to make it different.  I didn't.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
You must have thought I said Obama was going to make it different.  I didn't.
LOL well that my friend is a change of tune from the elections but im glad to see youve come around  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
All of these idiots will fall into line like sheep and lemmings behind obama in 2012 no matter what he does, Lurker included. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
And all the braindead teabaggers will fall in line behind who?  Palin?  Ummmm... ok. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
And all the braindead teabaggers will fall in line behind who?  Palin?  Ummmm... ok. 
lurker would you vote for obama again knowing what you know?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I will vote for anyone over obama in 2012 - eagerly - Palin included. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
lurker would you vote for obama again knowing what you know?

If the only candidate that the GOP can crap up is Palin or Huckabee, I certainly will.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
If the only candidate that the GOP can crap up is Palin or Huckabee, I certainly will.   
knowing that obama will intentionally or unknowingly put his agenda before the well being of the country and the economy you would still vote for him again?