Author Topic: Sharron Angle Claims Muslim Law Taking Hold In Parts Of US  (Read 1719 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Sharron Angle Claims Muslim Law Taking Hold In Parts Of US
« on: October 08, 2010, 12:35:48 AM »

Angle: Muslim law taking hold in parts of US

AP

Sharron Angle AP – FILE - In this Sept. 23, 2010 file photo, Nevada Republican Senate candidate Senate Sharron Angle acknowledges …

By CRISTINA SILVA, Associated Press Writer Cristina Silva, Associated Press Writer – Thu Oct 7, 7:04 pm ET

LAS VEGAS – U.S. Senate candidate Sharron Angle told a crowd of supporters that the country needs to address a "militant terrorist situation" that has allowed Islamic religious law to take hold in some American cities.

Her comments came at a rally of tea party supporters in the Nevada resort town of Mesquite last week after the candidate was asked about Muslims angling to take over the country, and marked the latest of several controversial remarks by the Nevada Republican.

In a recording of the rally provided to The Associated Press by the Mesquite Local News, a man is heard asking Angle : "I keep hearing about Muslims wanting to take over the United States ... on a TV program just last night, I saw that they are taking over a city in Michigan and the residents of the city, they want them out. They want them out. So, I want to hear your thoughts about that."

Angle responds that "we're talking about a militant terrorist situation, which I believe it isn't a widespread thing, but it is enough that we need to address, and we have been addressing it."

"My thoughts are these, first of all, Dearborn, Michigan, and Frankford, Texas are on American soil, and under constitutional law. Not Sharia law. And I don't know how that happened in the United States," she said. "It seems to me there is something fundamentally wrong with allowing a foreign system of law to even take hold in any municipality or government situation in our United States."

Dearborn, Mich., has a thriving Muslim community. It was not immediately clear why Angle singled out Frankford, Texas, a former town that was annexed into Dallas around 1975.

Responding to the same question, she also drew comparisons between the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and the Nazi Holocaust. She said the property owners behind the proposed Islamic community center near ground zero should move it in deference to the people who died there.

"There was, in Auschwitz, I think it was Auschwitz, it was at least a prisoner of war camp, where the Catholic Church owned some property and they were going to build a church there. They had every right to do it but they stepped aside and said, no, we are going to allow the Jewish people to make a monument because they lost lives," she said. "They had a responsibility to be sensitive to what had happened there and it is exactly the same thing as 9/11. Ground zero, we have a responsibility to be sensitive to the loss of a nation, to the loss of families, to the loss of life that happened there."

Angle seemed to be referring to a Roman Catholic convent at the Auschwitz death camp that Pope John Paul II ordered moved in 1993 in response to Jewish protests.

Others, including the Anti-Defamation League, the nation's leading Jewish civil rights group, have evoked the relocated convent while voicing opposition to the mosque. But the ADL also has stressed that 9/11 and the Holocaust are separate, incomparable events.

Angle's campaign did not answer questions about her statements.

"I'm pretty sure that she did make it clear that there had been incidents in the news, but there is nothing widespread, and that we have freedom of religion in this country," said spokesman Jarrod Agen in an e-mail.

Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Washington-based advocacy group, called Angle's statements "bizarre."

"This seems to be an example of incoherent bigotry. It is pretty clear that she has something against Islam and Muslims but she is so incoherent you don't know what she stands for," Hooper said. "The proper response would have been, 'American Muslims are citizens like anyone else. They are free to practice their faith,' not seeming to agree that Muslims are somehow seeking to take over."

Dearborn Mayor Jack O'Reilly called Angle's comments "shameful." He said tea party groups inaccurately spread the word that his Detroit suburb was ruled by Islamic law after members of an anti-Islam group were arrested at an Arab cultural festival in June because a Christian volunteer complained of harassment.

"She took it as face value and maligned the city of Dearborn and I consider that totally irresponsible," he said. "If she wants to come here, I will take her on a tour. I will show her we follow the Constitution just as well as anyone else."

Angle, a Southern Baptist, has called herself a faith-based politician. Among her positions, she opposes abortion in all circumstances, including rape and incest and doesn't believe the Constitution requires the separation of church and state.

Angle is in a dead-heat race against Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who has also said the community center, which would include a mosque, should be built elsewhere. A recent poll showed Reid and Angle tied in the high-profile campaign.

Reid's campaign said Angle's comments advances its ongoing campaign to portray her as outside mainstream America.

"The fact that Sharron Angle believes American cities have been taken over by militant terrorist organizations that are ruling our citizens under Sharia law shows a terrifying lack of connection with reality and a willingness to subscribe to conspiracy theories that demonstrates she's far too extreme and dangerous to represent Nevada in the U.S. Senate," spokesman Kelly Steele said.
C

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Sharron Angle Claims Muslim Law Taking Hold In Parts Of US
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 11:08:50 AM »
Say hello to the next senator from Nevada.Reid is finished!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 11:11:45 AM »
Say hello to the next senator from Nevada.Reid is finished!

We need to rid this nation of every single far left communist/marxist/progressive asap.  Send them to elba. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 12:08:49 PM »

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 12:19:13 PM »

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 12:30:04 PM »
Christians' arrest: 1st step to placate Muslims
Charlie Butts and Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 7/12/2010 4:00:00 AM

UPDATED: 7/12/2010 1:45 PM

Four missionaries arrested at an Arab festival in Dearborn, Michigan, have been arraigned.

The missionaries have appeared each year of the Annual Arab International Festival, but this year police moved in and arrested them and confiscated a camera from one member was using to film the arrests. Detroit television station WXYZ was on hand for the arraignment and talked to one of the accused, Nabeel Qureshi.

"Our policy...as we were going through the festival [was] to allow the people to approach us," he explains. "So we did not approach anyone to avoid charges of harassing."

All four are charged with disturbing the peace, but 18-year-old Nageen Mayel, a recent convert from Islam to Christianity, was also charged with refusing to obey a police officer's order to stop filming. "I was scared," she told WXYZ-TV. "There was no reason for them to approach me, so my immediate reaction was fear of the unknown and why they were doing it."

All four missionaries plead not guilty today. They are represented by Robert Muise of the Thomas More Law Center, who points to the Constitution.

"If people are offended by the fact that they were preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to Muslims and trying to convert Muslims -- well, guess what, we have a First Amendment," Muise points out. "This is a free society. It's not a police state."

As the four apparently head to trial, the Law Center is preparing a civil suit to be filed against the city.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »
Jury Acquits Christians Arrested at Arab Fest, Dearborn to face Civil Lawsuit
Posted on September 28, 2010 by creeping
Arrested based on sharia law, acquitted based on U.S. law. That’s the good news, via Thomas More Law Center.

Late Friday evening, a jury of six Dearborn, Michigan residents returned a unanimous verdict of not guilty of breach of the peace charges, which were brought by the Dearborn Police Department against four Christian evangelists as they were peacefully proselytizing to Muslim youths during the Arab International Festival on June 18, 2010.

The Thomas More Law Center, a national Christian public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, represented the evangelists, Dr. Nabeel Qureshi, Paul Rezkalla, Negeen Mayel and David Wood, at no charge. The jury returned its verdict after an hour and half of deliberations. Nageen Mayel was found guilty of failing to obey a police officer—a charge unrelated to the actual incident, which will most likely be reversed on appeal.

Robert Muise, the Law Center’s Senior Trial Counsel, handled the five-day trial. The prosecutor placed seven witnesses on the stand including Chief of Police, Ron Haddad.

Even after the acquittals, Dearborn’s mayor, Jack O’Reilly, continued his ongoing and unprecedented personal attacks on the Christian evangelists, accusing them of being anti–Muslim bigots. O’Reilly’s continuous anti-Christian rhetoric was clearly an attempt to curry favor with Dearborn’s large Muslim population, which also explains the Police Department’s alarming mobilization to arrest the four Christians.

And the wrongly arrested/persecuted are fighting back:

For all those who’ve been asking, yes, a civil suit will be filed against the City of Dearborn for violating our Constitutional rights. The sad part is that this could have been avoided. If police had respected our rights at the festival, there wouldn’t have been a lawsuit. If the city had apologized after arresting us, acknowledging their wrong, I doubt any of us would have been interested in a lawsuit. (We were assaulted by multiple security guards last year, and we never pursued a lawsuit.) But instead of acknowledging their wrong and apologizing, the City of Dearborn declared war on us, blasting us with an endless supply of libelous accusations (read the Mayor’s letter), sending an obsessed prosecutor against us (who assured us in court that “it’s not personal”), bringing multiple liars (e.g. Roger Williams and Corporal Kapanowski) to the stand to bear false witness against us, and ultimately convicting Negeen because Judge Mark Somers seems to think it’s perfectly acceptable for police officers to manhandle a teenage girl who hadn’t even been accused of a crime. Yes, we’re finally ticked off, and during the trial, our resolve to seek justice was solidified. We’re happy that the Thomas More Law Center has decided to move forward with a civil case.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 12:34:33 PM »
State Rep. Tom McMillin (R-Rochester Hills) had the following statement regarding the verdicts given in the trial of the four Christian missionaries arrested at the Dearborn Arab American Festival:

“Today in Dearborn, the jury got it mostly right in finding Paul, David and Nabeel innocent of disturbing the peace. The city of Dearborn, the Dearborn Police and especially the Dearborn Mayor owe them a huge apology immediately.

However the guilty decision for Negeen Mayel’s charge of failure to obey a police officer is extremely disturbing to me. I met with the ACLU here in Michigan recently to make sure we had good laws protecting citizens’ right to video police officers and their activity and they said we have the model for other states. But based on today’s decision, it seems that police in Michigan can get cameras turned off before doing questionable things (like making an arrest that was just found to be bogus by the jury). And how did the police have the right to tell Negeen Mayel to turn off her video camera and how can he touch her….for what reason? The video she took made it clear the police stepped way out of bounds.

Now – for all this charade, the city of Dearborn needs to be dealt with firmly….unless they plan to try to secede from the union and have their own laws. This is the United States of America and we here in the USA have something called Freedom of Speech. Dearborn – get used to it!”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 12:36:16 PM »
I can't wait till she mops the floor with Reid. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 12:39:18 PM »
She's right. Dearbornistan, Michigan is a walking disaster area and the tentacles of Sharia are present all over the place. The sad part is that kcballer and the other apologist twats actually thought the Christians were in the wrong there in the threads I made about it.

Remember that to the far-left freedom of speech only applies to the bashing of Christians or Jews.

Good luck getting Dearborn to accept freedom of speech as freedom of speech directly conflicts with the Sharia Law and we all know they place that above any silly rights or laws provided by the US Constitution.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 12:42:50 PM »
She's right. Dearbornistan, Michigan is a walking disaster area and the tentacles of Sharia are present all over the place. The sad part is that kcballer and the other apologist twats actually thought the Christians were in the wrong there in the threads I made about.

Remember that to the far-left freedom of speech only applies to the bashing of Christians or Jews.

Good luck getting Dearborn to accept freedom of speech as freedom of speech directly conflicts with the Sharia Law and we all know they place that above any silly rights or laws provided by the US Constitution.

Despite the 240's of the world, Angle is going to win and mop the floor with reied.