Author Topic: Lee Haney's genetics  (Read 5426 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Lee Haney's genetics
« on: October 09, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »
Lee Haney and his father , maybe he has his moms genes?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Lee Haney's genetics
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 06:07:23 PM »
you can't tell if his father has geenes since he never bodybuild.

see Jay Cutlers dad also.

Genius

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 06:09:57 PM »
Who knows? Maybe his father is a hyper-responder?
Lee has his dad's jaw..

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 06:10:37 PM »
That's Phil Heath's dad.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 06:24:31 PM »
That's Phil Heath's dad.

Technically, step dad. But he's raised Phil since he was 3.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 06:46:09 PM »
Technically, step dad. But he's raised Phil since he was 3.

I didn't know that.  Wow, so  that means both Phil and his stepfather raised children that were not biologically theirs.  You have to give them both props for that, IMO.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 07:40:31 PM »
maybe his dad has tom prince's ailment?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 09:04:09 AM »
maybe Lee's dad was too busy working so he could put hormones on the table

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 09:10:45 AM »
I didn't know that.  Wow, so  that means both Phil and his stepfather raised children that were not biologically theirs.  You have to give them both props for that, IMO.
Or maybe there just not as obessed with passing their genetic information as you are.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 10:24:05 AM »
Lee Haney and his father , maybe he has his moms genes?

Look at his Dads jaw and cheekbones. I would say that Lee's Dad probably has pretty good genetics.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 10:25:03 AM »
maybe Lee's dad was too busy working so he could put hormones on the table
Ha! Nice one.    ;D

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 11:38:04 AM »

I didn't know that, either, till I watched Phil's Journey to the Olympia and it came to light.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 11:49:28 AM »
I didn't know that, either, till I watched Phil's Journey to the Olympia and it came to light.
When Phil won his first Pro show in 2006, which was covered in Flex magazine, they mentioned it. No biggie...

BTW, how was Journey To The Olympia? Worth the watch?

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 12:27:48 PM »
BTW, how was Journey To The Olympia? Worth the watch?

It was actually pretty good. I think it starts off 72 days out from the '09 Olympia. He explains the hows and whys of every exercise he does and explains his food intakes. The DVD includes a pamphlet that outlines his training with the sets and reps along with his diet. It outlines his cardio and ab regimen, but you don't see him perform either one in the video.

Also includes the FLEX Extreme makeover with Marcus Ricci.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 12:35:11 PM »
It was actually pretty good. I think it starts off 72 days out from the '09 Olympia. He explains the hows and whys of every exercise he does and explains his food intakes. The DVD includes a pamphlet that outlines his training with the sets and reps along with his diet. It outlines his cardio and ab regimen, but you don't see him perform either one in the video.

Also includes the FLEX Extreme makeover with Marcus Ricci.

any chance of a scan of the pamphlets ?

also if you have the time could you please post that ronnie coleman cycle you promised 16 years ago  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 01:08:53 PM »
any chance of a scan of the pamphlets ?

also if you have the time could you please post that ronnie coleman cycle you promised 16 years ago  ;D

LOL!

Still holding me to post Ronnie's cycle, eh?  :D

It's a few pages long, that's why I'm being lazy about it.  :P

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 02:51:15 PM »
I remember being in Gold's Venice a couple of days after the 88' Olympia. Gary Strydom was doing a photo shoot for Flex. I remember how impressed I was with his development (except for his sub par back of course) until Lee walked in. When he took of his shirt, he blew Gary away. You could've actually hidden a quarter in the split between his pecs. And his lats...they actually hung down in a U shape. I've never seen anyone with the degree of thick, dense muscle he displayed, especially from the side. Much more impressive in person than in photos. When I told him that, he genuinely appreciated it. He really was humble and down to earth. I was just as impressed with his character as I was with his physique. He even signed my lifting belt (and it didn't cost me 20 bucks, lol!) 

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 03:16:27 PM »
I remember being in Gold's Venice a couple of days after the 88' Olympia. Gary Strydom was doing a photo shoot for Flex. I remember how impressed I was with his development (except for his sub par back of course) until Lee walked in. When he took of his shirt, he blew Gary away. You could've actually hidden a quarter in the split between his pecs. And his lats...they actually hung down in a U shape. I've never seen anyone with the degree of thick, dense muscle he displayed, especially from the side. Much more impressive in person than in photos. When I told him that, he genuinely appreciated it. He really was humble and down to earth. I was just as impressed with his character as I was with his physique. He even signed my lifting belt (and it didn't cost me 20 bucks, lol!) 

Lee Haney is VERY down to earth! Great, great guy.  8)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 03:19:54 PM »

Cool story

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 03:56:43 PM »
Yup, pictures don't do Lee justice. In person, he was unreal. Gary looked great with size and great conditioning, but Lee was in another league...

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 04:03:18 PM »
Yup, pictures don't do Lee justice. In person, he was unreal. Gary looked great with size and great conditioning, but Lee was in another league...
Hi Lee! Post more often, bro.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 04:10:21 PM »
Lol, I guess I'm outed...

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 05:01:32 PM »
Lol, I guess I'm outed...

is that really the TA one?

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 05:37:38 PM »

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 12:02:09 AM »
Or maybe there just not as obessed with passing their genetic information as you are.

Wow, just me?  I could have sworn that 99.999% of people who have children want them to be their own.  I have to bite my tongue here because amongst my female friends who are single moms, I am more a father to their children than the real fathers of the babies.  For anyone to imply that I would avoid adoption is simply wrong, but ideally I want my own genetic children as most people do.  But for both Phil and his stepfather to be stepfathers is very rare.  They both deserve to be applauded for that.  It really says something about their character and for a bodybuilder, I would say that is above average as it is by necessity a very selfish industry.
Bodybuilding Pro.com