Author Topic: A reckless liberal attack on nation's religious hospitals  (Read 2009 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: A reckless liberal attack on nation's religious hospitals
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 07:23:25 AM »
there are critical personal reasons for an abortion that are not life threatening yet that doesn't make it the equivalent of a cosmetic treatment

anyone who has an issue with this probably just has a basic issue with abortion and, as always, if thats the case then don't get one

Right now, all federal employees, including all members of congress and there families have health care coverage that includes access to abortion (and probably vasectomies and gastric bypass surgery too)  so I see no reason why we need a double standard for any of our tax dollars that go to pay for healthcare.

All the hospital has to do is hire someone who is willing to perform the surgery.   No one is saying that any individual should be forced to perfom the surgery against their will.

Abortion is legal in this country and part of basic womens health care and if we're going to give money to hospitals then they should offer the full spectrum of services or we should give those funds to another hospital that will

I guess we just going to have to agree to disagree on this issue, I see abortion as ending a life, I guess you don't so there will be no common ground on this issue.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 07:24:47 AM »
I guess we just going to have to agree to disagree on this issue, I see abortion as ending a life, I guess you don't so there will be no common ground on this issue.

Abortion is a sacred to the left as Mecca is to muslims. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 07:55:00 AM »
there are critical personal reasons for an abortion that are not life threatening yet that doesn't make it the equivalent of a cosmetic treatment

anyone who has an issue with this probably just has a basic issue with abortion and, as always, if thats the case then don't get one

Right now, all federal employees, including all members of congress and there families have health care coverage that includes access to abortion (and probably vasectomies and gastric bypass surgery too)  so I see no reason why we need a double standard for any of our tax dollars that go to pay for healthcare.

All the hospital has to do is hire someone who is willing to perform the surgery.   No one is saying that any individual should be forced to perfom the surgery against their will.

Abortion is legal in this country and part of basic womens health care and if we're going to give money to hospitals then they should offer the full spectrum of services or we should give those funds to another hospital that will
LOL you mean to personal life? well there are reasons for tit jobs that arent simply physical as well very personal issues with them as well... ::) ::) ::)

there is that whole little law that allows a docter to not perform abortions...but i guess you want to do away with that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 08:34:07 AM »

good summation

and I agree that we have a fundamental difference of opinion on abortion and it makes sense to agree to disagree rather than debate endlessly

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 12:48:43 PM »
In 1973, just months after Roe was decided, Congress passed the Church Amendment, declaring that health-care institutions cannot be required to perform abortions to keep their federal funding. The so-called Weldon Amendment, which has been included in appropriations bills since 2005, says any agency that tries to discriminate against hospitals that don't provide abortions will lose its own federal funds. These laws make a mockery of the ACLU's legal claims.

Good find.  Thanks.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 05:29:38 PM »
An abortion when choosen becomes an elective proceedure.  When forced it is not.  I don't see why a hospital should be forced under the threat of pulling funding to perform abortions when there are plenty of hospitals that will do it. 

This is another example of a gigantic waste of time and money by both the federal government and the ACLU.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 05:35:07 PM »
An abortion when choosen becomes an elective proceedure.  When forced it is not.  I don't see why a hospital should be forced under the threat of pulling funding to perform abortions when there are plenty of hospitals that will do it. 

This is another example of a gigantic waste of time and money by both the federal government and the ACLU.
exactly and exactly