Author Topic: 1972 Olympia - there were six men competing!  (Read 7408 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
1972 Olympia - there were six men competing!
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »
did you know there was a sixth man in the 1972 olympia, every pic and contest report  in usa mags cropped out or omitted this sixth man mr france  some karolize guy. here's the proof thanks to an ironhistory.com foreigner.
F

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
Re: the 5 th man
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 01:50:17 PM »
HAHAHAHA! brutal bumping your own thread 24 hrs later cause no one else has.

Keep trying grandpa. ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 02:20:57 PM »
 i reviewed your posts what is your purpose for posting. i didn't see one bit  of anything with any redeeming social value there. sad but true. how many people realize there actually was a sixth man in the 1972 mr olympia i didn't till a week ago. i was amazed , sorry that i tried to share some knowledge on about bodybuilding on a bodybuilding site. i guess i should post how kai grrene likes to  screw grapefruits i guess that's right up your alley. now i guess you'll post meltdown or some such generic response how original.
F

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 02:24:08 PM »
i reviewed your posts what is your purpose for posting. i didn't see one bit  of anything with any redeeming social value there. sad but true. how many people realize there actually was a sixth man in the 1972 mr olympia i didn't till a week ago. i was amazed , sorry that i tried to share some knowledge on about bodybuilding on a bodybuilding site. i guess i should post how kai grrene likes to  screw grapefruits i guess that's right up your alley. now i guess you'll post meltdown or some such generic response how original.
Just when I thought we were making progress.

It's gonna be okay Sr ;D

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 02:35:51 PM »
I bet NarcissisticDeity didn't know that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 02:45:33 PM »
the arnold coverage of that fateful year hardly mentioned munzer, remember?

DCN

• Getbig I
Re: 1972 Olympia - there were six men competing!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 06:57:17 AM »
did you know there was a sixth man in the 1972 olympia, every pic and contest report  in usa mags cropped out or omitted this sixth man mr france  some karolize guy. here's the proof thanks to an ironhistory.com foreigner.

Dear Mr. 51,
The proof was posted at ironhistory.com by someone who would not recognize themselves as a "foreigner".
If Edmond Karolewicz is still alive, he will finally be able to prove that he competed against Arnold & Sergio. He even made the top 6!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 10:58:27 AM »
Dear Mr. 51,
The proof was posted at ironhistory.com by someone who would not recognize themselves as a "foreigner".
If Edmond Karolewicz is still alive, he will finally be able to prove that he competed against Arnold & Sergio. He even made the top 6!
didn't mean any disrespect,  just thought it was a non-american because foreign mags like health and strength are hard to come by in this country.
F

DCN

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 05:20:34 PM »
didn't mean any disrespect,  just thought it was a non-american because foreign mags like health and strength are hard to come by in this country.

No disrespect received. I jest.
H&S isn't foreign either.
The 1972 Olympia info came from a German magazine, which is foreign.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 04:05:29 AM »
Great work funk, never knew about the sixth entrant @ the 72 O....and by the looks of him...he was there to make up the numbers (no intentional disrespect intended to the man).

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »
Great work funk, never knew about the sixth entrant @ the 72 O....and by the looks of him...he was there to make up the numbers (no intentional disrespect intended to the man).
that was the thing i wonder how this guy qualified all he was , was mr. france. and in the american mags his pic was cropped out and no mention of him was made.
F

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 10:41:26 AM »
maybe they felt his physique didnt do the show justice,
perhaps he pulled out before the end,
maybe he wondered onstage for the wrong show ;D,
perhaps one french rep was deemed enough, as it is serge didnt get enough notoriety in the us muscle media did he?

I think to portray the olympia as the pinnacle bbing show, they should've made the line-up bigger, to take away from the fix mentalty, and 1 guy onstage winning the show...no contest

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 01:53:49 PM »
there was a big debage here on Getbig over a year ago regarding the identity of the sixth competitor.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 11:08:36 AM »
I seem to remember Serge Nubret commenting on this on ironage,someone posted a pic where you saw 6 men leaving the stage and all of them were identified except the 6th guy.Serge said something about him winning the Mr France that same night,so for some reason was allowed to compete in the Olympia.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 01:49:04 PM »
I seem to remember Serge Nubret commenting on this on ironage,someone posted a pic where you saw 6 men leaving the stage and all of them were identified except the 6th guy.Serge said something about him winning the Mr France that same night,so for some reason was allowed to compete in the Olympia.

yup, i remember that.