Author Topic: Quote from Lee Banks regarding ronnies genetics  (Read 8284 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Quote from marvin ward regarding ronnies genetics
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 07:30:13 PM »
Who the hell is Marvin Ward
He won the LW class and his pro card at Nationals. One of the best LW BB around. Does anyone know if he is still in jail for bringing the gang members to the shooting range?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 07:32:34 PM »
He won the LW class and his pro card at Nationals. One of the best LW BB around. Does anyone know if he is still in jail for bringing the gang members to the shooting range?

Nice synthol in his biceps

X

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 07:44:43 PM »
Nice synthol in his biceps

Your kidding right, Marvin is a 5'2 LW, the guy u posted is a 6'2 SHW and now pro.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 07:45:16 PM »

but we arent talking about shape

we're talking about muscle building genetics

Yes, we are talking about shape you retard.
muscle building genetics = response to drugs(amount of drugs ).

Flex was gifted ,competed around 230lbs he didn't need to be 280lbs to be competitive ,Ronnie at 240lbs was a 3rd tier Pro ,he upped the dosage became a monster and the rest is history.
                                                                                                         Hope this helps

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2010, 07:57:19 PM »

Flex was gifted ,competed around 230lbs he didn't need to be 280lbs to be competitive ,Ronnie at 240lbs was a 3rd tier Pro ,he upped the dosage became a monster and the rest is history.
                                                                                                         Hope this helps

NO, it doesnt..........

here's the thing.........what amazing about your posting..........is that no matter what topic it is, your sure to have a retarded opinion

EVERYTHING you say is mind-blowing-ly idiotic............you know noting about bodybuilding, you know nothing about life in general

...........so i take no offense............carry on

flex never won an olympia with his smaller frame, even at his best year, against a structurally inferior dorian yates

and when flex did play the sized game.........and he did..........he got almost as big as ronnie there for a while look at the 99 olympia...........he got smoked and had to use pales of synthol

and to show im not being biased........i actually like flex better then ronnie, as a bodybuilder and as a person............but you cannot argue ronnies superiority

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »

NO, it doesnt..........

here's the thing.........what amazing about your posting..........is that no matter what topic it is, your sure to have a retarded opinion

EVERYTHING you say is mind-blowing-ly idiotic............you know noting about bodybuilding, you know nothing about life in general

flex never won an olympia with his smaller frame, even at his best year, against a structurally inferior dorian yates

and when flex did play the sized game.........and he did..........he got almost as big as ronnie there for a while look at the 99 olympia...........he got smoked and had to use pales of synthol

and to show im not being biased........i actually like flex better then ronnie, as a bodybuilder and as a person............but you cannot argue ronnies superiority
::) I never said that Flex was a superior bodybuilder I said he had better genetics .

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 09:35:27 PM »

NO, it doesnt..........

Ronnies look was facilitated by extremely high dosages of drugs, when he was a more moderate user he was middle of the pack.

He doesn't have the shape or skeletal structure to be at the top at lower bodyweights. Same goes for Cutler, his structure is so terrible that without extreme ammounts of mass his physique isn't balanced out at all, Ronnie is superior to Jay but you get the idea.

If you are talking about the ability to take huge ammounts of drugs with little consequences from a health perspective and to carry artificial  muscle mass, then i would say Ronnie is top. I don't think that is the criteria though.

Genetics equates to shape, structure, flow. You should look great at 170, 200, et cetera.
Trans Milkshake.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 09:55:16 PM »
No because flex looked better when they were younger means coleman has bad genetics
when they came into their own Coleman made nearly all of them look small
see 98 99 00 03 04,05 mr o no contest huge dense thick vascular muscle just hanging off him
are you talking about his cock? are there things?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 10:12:18 PM »
If ANYONE on earth would know about being born with great genetics it would be Marvin Ward   ::) ::) ::)

Marvin is like 4'11, just like Papoose from Maryland (okay, maybe he is taller)

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 10:20:50 PM »
I totally agree and you guys don't know shit about bodybuilding .
                                                                                               Hope this helps.

that pic only proves that ronnie may have some of the best arms in competitive bb'n history...

as far as geneitcs,,, yeah some guys just have those bb genes,,, small joints etc...
however,,,
those arent really the guys that win the shows,,, look at jay ron dorian etc., hell look at branch beatn out dex this year,,,

make the best of what you have

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: Quote from Lee Banks regarding ronnies genetics
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2010, 12:11:53 AM »
Flex had a better shape but then again flex probably has the best shape of all time ... Ronnie isn't far off in terms of shape
ronnie blows him away in terms of size density thickness condition
ronnie has some of the best bodyparts of all time easy... Ronnie has the best of both worlds
I'd give ronnie the edge in over genetic dominance
choice is an illusion

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 12:33:20 AM »

Flex was gifted ,competed around 230lbs he didn't need to be 280lbs to be competitive ,Ronnie at 240lbs was a 3rd tier Pro ,he upped the dosage became a monster and the rest is history.                                                                                                         Hope this helps

Ahhh, if I am not mistaken Ronnie won his first Olympia at around 240's and the 2001 Arnold Classic at around 240's as well. I wouldn't call that 3rd tier pro.

Who really knows what he was taking, if he was "supposely," taking lower dosages than the others and was already winning and when he "supposely," upped the dosages and left EVERYONE in the dust, that just shows how superior his genetics are.

Plus I am pretty sure at the pro level EVERYONE is taking tons of shit.

IMO, I think even Levrone had better genetics than Flex.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 12:43:01 AM »

Ahhh, if I am not mistaken Ronnie won his first Olympia at around 240's and the 2001 Arnold Classic at around 240's as well. I wouldn't call that 3rd tier pro.

Who really knows what he was taking, if he was "supposely," taking lower dosages than the others and was already winning and when he "supposely," upped the dosages and left EVERYONE in the dust, that just shows how superior his genetics are.

Plus I am pretty sure at the pro level EVERYONE is taking tons of shit.

IMO, I think even Levrone had better genetics than Flex.
>:(

For Mass maybe, but not shape, nor back detail, nor arms...

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2010, 12:58:39 AM »

Better width, better chest, rest is subjective.

Honestly Ronnies shape and lines look like shit to me, i just don't like his structure. He was the best of the mass monsters, if these competitions were limited to 190lb he wouldn't do shit with his structure.
Trans Milkshake.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2010, 01:03:16 AM »

You know what's funny. Out of the three; Levrone, Flex, and Ronnie, Cormier in a lot of ways a long with Shawn were the most balanced. But IMO, Cormier's only problem was his conditioning, many can argue that he doesn't have any bodyparts that stand out. Yes, but that's because he was one of the one's that could blend mass, symmetry, and having one of best structures as well.

Flex looked his best of course at lighter weights, but his frame couldn't hold the extra mass. Shawn, although almost perfect, but was too short, Flex, just had too much oil all over the place and weird looking calves, Levrone, although good early in his career, lost a lot of leg size, and because of his extreme shoulders to chest ratio, his physique wasn't too balanced.

Cormier, plenty of mass, has chest, arms, back, legs, everything. Just conditioning and possibly lack of focus contributed to not always looking his best.

BTW, I'm not a Cormier fanboy, just stating what I think ;D

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2010, 02:43:56 AM »
IMO Coleman had the best blend of everything genetics wise huge good shape dense
could flex ever carry a hard 250 260????? Narrow
overall Coleman and cormier
choice is an illusion

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2010, 02:59:06 AM »

Better width, better chest, rest is subjective.

Honestly Ronnies shape and lines look like shit to me, i just don't like his structure. He was the best of the mass monsters, if these competitions were limited to 190lb he wouldn't do shit with his structure.
in terms of Chest, Flex could have had a better one, that's training...width, I give you that

You know what's funny. Out of the three; Levrone, Flex, and Ronnie, Cormier in a lot of ways a long with Shawn were the most balanced. But IMO, Cormier's only problem was his conditioning, many can argue that he doesn't have any bodyparts that stand out. Yes, but that's because he was one of the one's that could blend mass, symmetry, and having one of best structures as well.

Flex looked his best of course at lighter weights, but his frame couldn't hold the extra mass. Shawn, although almost perfect, but was too short, Flex, just had too much oil all over the place and weird looking calves, Levrone, although good early in his career, lost a lot of leg size, and because of his extreme shoulders to chest ratio, his physique wasn't too balanced.

Cormier, plenty of mass, has chest, arms, back, legs, everything. Just conditioning and possibly lack of focus contributed to not always looking his best.

BTW, I'm not a Cormier fanboy, just stating what I think ;D
Actually I agree with you. Cormier was more balanced than Flex was. What got Flex thru was his tiny joints, waist and full round muscle bellies. It was his tiny waist that got him where he was. He was a fuller version of Brian Buchanan

Cormier looked like he could keep adding pounds, even at 250+ he looked he could hold 275 better and mored balanced than Ronnie or Dorian could.

What was his undoing is rec drugs, and a certain blonde (and coke whore) by the nane of Ahmo Hight...

IMO Coleman had the best blend of everything genetics wise huge good shape dense
could flex ever carry a hard 250 260????? Narrow
overall Coleman and cormier
Flex probably could have carried 250 pounds, had he incrementally added the weight, say by 5-8 pounds a yr. But, his body type is the same as Brian Buchana, Melvin Anthony, Jojo Ntiforo, they look better at a lighter bodyweight. Because they have super small waists, tiny joints and full muscles...

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2010, 06:19:16 AM »
For want of conditioning, Cormier had one of the best bodybuilding physiques ever. His balance was excellent and in my opinion, his type of balance is what should be winning the top titles.

It doesn't matter if Ronnie is freakier or if Flex has smaller joints, or if Branch is denser. A simple test of quality balance is how many poses a bodybuilder can do without looking silly. Labrada, Ray and Cormier (among others) not only looked great in the mandatories abut also in a myriad of other poses.

It seems now/ that you only need to be able to do a few mandatories and some most muscular variations. I mean, is there any physique out there that doesn't look good doing a most muscular?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2010, 07:41:55 AM »
Who the hell is Marvin Ward

1999 NPC National Bantamweight Champion
2000 Team Universe Overall Champion (first to win a national-level overall title as a bantamweight)
2003 NPC National Bantamweight Champion
2008 NPC National Lightweight Champion

He’s basically qualified 3 times to turn pro (4 times, if you grandfather him a pro card, from his TU win) but has yet to do so.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 07:46:24 AM »
I totally agree and you guys don't know shit about bodybuilding .
                                                                                               Hope this helps.

Ok, so Coleman's genetics were not good because his abs were weird looking................. ... ::)

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 08:10:37 AM »
Ok, so Coleman's genetics were not good because his abs were weird looking................. ... ::)

He had some of the worst abs i have seen, which happens to be quite an important bodypart. A droopy odd shaped chest structure, which combined with his abs makes his whole torso and zero calves. Just an all round funky build, he is in contention with Dorian for most fucked up overall physique.
Trans Milkshake.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 09:29:13 AM »

He had some of the worst abs i have seen, which happens to be quite an important bodypart. A droopy odd shaped chest structure, which combined with his abs makes his whole torso and zero calves. Just an all round funky build, he is in contention with Dorian for most fucked up overall physique.

Genetics for bodybuilding is more than shape though.........

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 09:40:08 AM »

True. I think he had great genetics for size, density, cuts. But overall structure i don't rate that highly.
Trans Milkshake.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 10:22:41 AM »
his overall combination is best genetic wise along with cormier
Coleman could be in arguable every best ever list aside from calves and abs... How many other bbers can that be said about...

choice is an illusion

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 11:07:10 AM »
his overall combination is best genetic wise along with cormier
Coleman could be in arguable every best ever list aside from calves and abs... How many other bbers can that be said about...

I agree, he was a true genetic freak.

I always think of Ronnie and Paul Dillet whenever genetics are spoken of in bb.