Author Topic: Quote from Lee Banks regarding ronnies genetics  (Read 8274 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Quote from Lee Banks regarding ronnies genetics
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2010, 11:25:46 AM »
For want of conditioning, Cormier had one of the best bodybuilding physiques ever. His balance was excellent and in my opinion, his type of balance is what should be winning the top titles.It doesn't matter if Ronnie is freakier or if Flex has smaller joints, or if Branch is denser. A simple test of quality balance is how many poses a bodybuilder can do without looking silly. Labrada, Ray and Cormier (among others) not only looked great in the mandatories abut also in a myriad of other poses.

It seems now/ that you only need to be able to do a few mandatories and some most muscular variations. I mean, is there any physique out there that doesn't look good doing a most muscular?
This...

Flex had genetics for taper and looking like cartoon character, but was best at a lighter weight. Ronnie, Dorian, Dillett, Nasser, Francois and even Cormier had genetics for density and adding weight. Cormier didn't start hitting his stride, after Flex fell off...he is a 5 time Ironman winner and 6x Arnold Classic 2nd place (He should have beat Jay both times)...
Flex can get by on his shape and taper, but it can cost him, when a much deserved Michael Francois won 1995 Arnold.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2010, 11:58:47 AM »
This...

Flex had genetics for taper and looking like cartoon character, but was best at a lighter weight. Ronnie, Dorian, Dillett, Nasser, Francois and even Cormier had genetics for density and adding weight. Cormier didn't start hitting his stride, after Flex fell off...he is a 5 time Ironman winner and 6x Arnold Classic 2nd place (He should have beat Jay both times)...
Flex can get by on his shape and taper, but it can cost him, when a much deserved Michael Francois won 1995 Arnold.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
Re: Quote from marvin ward regarding ronnies genetics
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2010, 12:09:07 PM »
Yes, we are talking about shape you retard.
muscle building genetics = response to drugs(amount of drugs ).

Flex was gifted ,competed around 230lbs he didn't need to be 280lbs to be competitive ,Ronnie at 240lbs was a 3rd tier Pro ,he upped the dosage became a monster and the rest is history.
                                                                                                         Hope this helps

interesting way to look at it...
part of the game is puttin on muscle
there are some thatd say in re to the comparison mention,,,
muscle weighs more than oil,,, allegedly...

Jizzacked

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2010, 12:14:35 PM »

that pic is the essence of true bodybuilding fashion... where can I get that tight little number flex is sporting?  ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2010, 12:24:13 PM »
Rico McClinton, Chris Cormier, Flex Wheeler, John Sherman, who is the other dude? BTW, as I have said before, Chris Cormier has the type of physique where you could visually keeping adding muscle and he would look virtually the same from the 235 in that pic to 255,265...he just looks like he could keeping adding weight and still keep his shape...

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2010, 12:30:02 PM »
Cormier had the best looking quads (no homo) ..not the biggest, nor the most vascular but the most separated and well proportioned/symmetrical of anyone in that era .
L

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »
" well proportioned/symmetrical"
 unfortunately that doesnt win the o

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2010, 02:38:43 PM »
" well proportioned/symmetrical"
 unfortunately that doesnt win the o

right if it's not coupled with size , density & dryness

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2010, 02:44:09 PM »
Which is what ronnie had....
choice is an illusion

suckmymuscle

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »
February 2010

" He didn't have the genetic gifts, but he made up for it with the heart to reach the top he's an inspirition"

uh not quite sure I agree with that...

Incredibly long, round muscle bellies in all of his body. Relatively small frame that allows his round muscle bellies to billow into small joints giving an even grander impression of size, but not so small(like Wheeler's) that would ultimately compromise his mass potential. Bad genetic my ass. Ronnie did have some genetic flaws, the most obvious being the fact that his skeletal structure was not very proportional, with his legs being a little bit too long and his torso a little bit too short. Nevertheless, these shortcomings were small and overral Ronnie had truly great genetics.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2010, 05:09:11 PM »
I don't think Cormier ever came into his true potential or presented his best on stage. 99 was probably the closest. He should never be beaten by guys like Cutler ever, or even Dexter for the matter.

There is a reason why Dorian spoke the way he did about Chris.

That being said, we will never know as I think it's too late now, Chris is in his forties and the competition is a lot tighter now. But if Chris presented his BEST he would wipe the floor with Heath, Kai, Cutler, Dexter, Branch, etc...

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »
  Incredibly long, round muscle bellies in all of his body. Relatively small frame that allows his round muscle bellies to billow into small joints giving an even grander impression of size, but not so small(like Wheeler's) that would ultimately compromise his mass potential. Bad genetic my ass. Ronnie did have some genetic flaws, the most obvious being the fact that his skeletal structure was not very proportional, with his legs being a little bit too long and his torso a little bit too short. Nevertheless, these shortcomings were small and overral Ronnie had truly great genetics.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
qft
ronnie has some serious round and long muscle bellies ...
Just like flex... Flex has smaller joints
Flex had a better structure but ronnie could pack on a lot more muscle on his frame
that combination along with the fact that his muscles are slot denser harder and more vascular than his counterparts to me makes ronnie have  the best genetics

choice is an illusion