Author Topic: 1990 Mr. Olympia: Really Drug Free?  (Read 7949 times)

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
1990 Mr. Olympia: Really Drug Free?
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:20:23 PM »
Does anyone really believe the 1990 Mr. Olympia was drug free? I believe this was the contest where everyone was tested, and people were really thrown out for use.

Does anyone know anything about this? The videos do not show guys looking that off for sure.

It may not have been the Olympia, but a different show that year, I am not sure.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
Re: 1990 Mr. Olympia: Really Drug Free?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 04:16:26 AM »
Well most assumed it was Drug free, the reining champ @ that time Haney certainly was OFF from his previous massive self weighing @ least 15-20lbs less from just the year before @ the O in Italy, as was Rich Gaspari (smaller not as full)...oddly enough Mike Christian (another giant for the times) looked Very good, Shawn ray and Lee Labrada also looked very good...1990 MR O Drug free?...well who knows for sure your guess is as good as the next poster in this thread.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 10:45:05 AM »
your guess is as good as the next poster in this thread.

that would be me ;D

they tested for diuretics, that I know, as a few failed the test, but not sure if they tested for aas

drug-free? no, is my guess, but the guys probably avoided hormones with long detection times, or cut them out early..

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »
when they interviewed Lee Haney months later they said ' Lee you were still huge and your sample was the cleanest of all!'  ???

that's like bragging your teenage daughter is the least pregnant in her class.

i heard they did a bit of a bell curve thing where as long as everyone reduced dosages and were similar, it would appease the public. if anyone was using way more than the rest of the pack ; they failed.

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 12:30:12 PM »
when they interviewed Lee Haney months later they said ' Lee you were still huge and your sample was the cleanest of all!'  ???

that's like bragging your teenage daughter is the least pregnant in her class.

i heard they did a bit of a bell curve thing where as long as everyone reduced dosages and were similar, it would appease the public. if anyone was using way more than the rest of the pack ; they failed.

Very interesting. It seems to be the old adage, like, 'its only 500 mgs of test, so what, not like it's 3 grams of shit with pills and speed, and etc.' that guys use is true. People have told me they were clean except for the test, except for the little deca, lol.

It is sad that it is not even steroids helping, but they instead determine the whole damn game a lot of the times. For 5 guys who worked and added little by little over time is a super responder who could not gain that much without them. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 02:01:29 PM »
Does anyone really believe the 1990 Mr. Olympia was drug free? I believe this was the contest where everyone was tested, and people were really thrown out for use.

Does anyone know anything about this? The videos do not show guys looking that off for sure.

It may not have been the Olympia, but a different show that year, I am not sure.
go on you tube and look up the wbf then you'll see what top names look like  after a few monthes off the sauce. mike quinn in his jailhouse presentation for the " contest".
F

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 01:32:50 PM »
No such thing as a drug free Mr. O contest. Tested maybe, not drug free.
Getting off on time for the thong context for schmoes, and masking agents have been around for a long time.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 11:05:23 PM »
No such thing as a drug free Mr. O contest. Tested maybe, not drug free.
Getting off on time for the thong context for schmoes, and masking agents have been around for a long time.

you got that right, look at the olympics. everybody is drugged, no one fails.

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 04:04:12 PM »
there were 3or 4 that failed the test that year,i think mike christian was one of them