Author Topic: New York..... love Alicia Keys  (Read 8625 times)

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
New York..... love Alicia Keys
« on: October 11, 2010, 11:42:41 PM »
I think I love Alicia Keys...and possibly New York now because of her!!
Damb she's HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any New Yorkers here?? Tell us about your City!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: New York.....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 12:00:37 AM »
And she's dumb as a stump....congrats!

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 12:03:56 AM »
Crazy improvement on her skin.  With enough money, you can make yourself attractive and healthy looking.
Except Christine Aguilera.  Get a nose job, lose the fake tits.
Free advice from the Croatch.
N

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 12:25:02 AM »
Crazy improvement on her skin.  With enough money, you can make yourself attractive and healthy looking.

nah her titties looked glorious when she was preggers/post baby

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 12:40:21 AM »
Alicia is beautiful, but if you see her in person she has really bad skin :-\ But still....... ;D

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 12:51:11 AM »
And she's dumb as a stump....congrats!

WOW!! The Gayness is strong here tonight!! Sorry to post something that might interest hetrosexual (straight) males! She is a fine woman though!!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 01:04:04 AM »
Alicia Keys is one of the few music artists today where you actually get something for you money when you go to a concert.

This is not about if you like her music or not, but look at all this shitty Lady Gaga, Madonna, JLo whatever where you need a supercomputer to make them even slightly able to make music at all.

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 01:35:13 AM »
Alicia Keys is one of the few music artists today where you actually get something for you money when you go to a concert.

This is not about if you like her music or not, but look at all this shitty Lady Gaga, Madonna, JLo whatever where you need a supercomputer to make them even slightly able to make music at all.

Exactly DK!! Everyone thinks they're gonna be a rapper/hip hop superstar!! And unfortunately, lots go on to record a bunch of repetitive crap that the kids of today (generation nothingness) love because they think they're gonna do the same thing!! They all want something for nothing!! Fucked!!!!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 01:42:30 AM »
Exactly DK!! Everyone thinks they're gonna be a rapper/hip hop superstar!! And unfortunately, lots go on to record a bunch of repetitive crap that the kids of today (generation nothingness) love because they think they're gonna do the same thing!! They all want something for nothing!! Fucked!!!!

Unfortunately, that's what the music scene seems to be about these days...

Don't finish school, don't learn a job, be a loser, but then you can still be a music star and make it to the top!!

Seriously, how many singers out there can sing like Alicia (three octaves!), actually play musical instruments, not that computer enhanced bullshit that 99% is about.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 02:05:34 AM »
fuck New York.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 02:36:02 AM »
I wish I was Swizz Beats....he's beaten it up!

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 02:41:10 AM »
New York is filled with a bunch of pricks.
from incomplete data

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 04:50:53 AM »
You still need to know how to play an instrument (the computer, electronic keyboard, etc) in the case of electronic music.

When you strike a key on a piano, a hammer hits a string which vibrates and creates a sound in the analog domain which you can hear.

With an electric guitar, the sound from plucking a string is picked up by a transducer where it is converted into an analog electric signal, which is then made louder/altered by an amplifier and converted back into the acoustic domain by a loudspeaker.

With a keyboard/sampler/computer, a key on a keyboard (for example) is hit which is a mechanical analog action that in converted into a digital impulse that triggers a digital sound/sample which is then converted back to an analogue electical signal that is amplified and fed to a loudspeaker to be converted into the analogue acoustic domain, which the human ear can detect.

Note the progression in technology which enable new styles of music.

The electronic keyboard is basically the same as a piano, except with a piano you are stuck with a piano, and with the computer you can make basically any sound you want.

Let's face it, the piano is an ancient instrument that is still around today because it has a pleasant sound to people mainly due to conditioning from a young age in the same way that people believe in various religions depending on how they were brought up and which part of the world they live. I bet if you heard a piano for the first time in your life today you would not think it was anything special. Though you might be impressed by the technical ability of the player.

A lot of electronic music uses "new" synthesized sounds which are unfamiliar to a lot of people, and many people simply cannot handle "new" and unfamiliar.  

All throughout history old people are always complaining that the music they listen to was better than the new stuff. They just have failed to adapt.

PS there is no such thing as good or bad music as there is no objective metric to measure how "good" music is. That's why music charts are based on sales and downloads, as there doesn't seem to be any better method of assessing music quality due to subjectivity of each listener.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 04:53:15 AM »

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 05:04:22 AM »
You still need to know how to play an instrument (the computer, electronic keyboard, etc) in the case of electronic music.

When you strike a key on a piano, a hammer hits a string which vibrates and creates a sound in the analog domain which you can hear.

With an electric guitar, the sound from plucking a string is picked up by a transducer where it is converted into an analog electric signal, which is then made louder/altered by an amplifier and converted back into the acoustic domain by a loudspeaker.

With a keyboard/sampler/computer, a key on a keyboard (for example) is hit which is a mechanical analog action that in converted into a digital impulse that triggers a digital sound/sample which is then converted back to an analogue electical signal that is amplified and fed to a loudspeaker to be converted into the analogue acoustic domain, which the human ear can detect.

Note the progression in technology which enable new styles of music.

The electronic keyboard is basically the same as a piano, except with a piano you are stuck with a piano, and with the computer you can make basically any sound you want.

Let's face it, the piano is an ancient instrument that is still around today because it has a pleasant sound to people mainly due to conditioning from a young age in the same way that people believe in various religions depending on how they were brought up and which part of the world they live. I bet if you heard a piano for the first time in your life today you would not think it was anything special. Though you might be impressed by the technical ability of the player.

A lot of electronic music uses "new" synthesized sounds which are unfamiliar to a lot of people, and many people simply cannot handle "new" and unfamiliar.  

All throughout history old people are always complaining that the music they listen to was better than the new stuff. They just have failed to adapt.

PS there is no such thing as good or bad music as there is no objective metric to measure how "good" music is. That's why music charts are based on sales and downloads, as there doesn't seem to be any better method of assessing music quality due to subjectivity of each listener.

I think you don't get what i was aiming at.

Take "JLo".

You take an average looking bitch, give her tons of make-up and make her beautiful.
With JLo, you need a computer program to make her sing, she can't sing at all. If you don't double or triple her voice, let her sing a song 500 times and then cut the pieces where she hit the notes together, you can't make a song with her. Same goes for Robbie Williams, Lady Gaga, Madonna and so on... Without computer help, they wouldn't be putting one single on the market.

Now Alicia writes the song, performs it on Piano and sings to it.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 05:07:12 AM »
This.

Agreed but still better than London.
I hate the State.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 05:14:51 AM »
I think you don't get what i was aiming at.

Take "JLo".

You take an average looking bitch, give her tons of make-up and make her beautiful.
With JLo, you need a computer program to make her sing, she can't sing at all. If you don't double or triple her voice, let her sing a song 500 times and then cut the pieces where she hit the notes together, you can't make a song with her. Same goes for Robbie Williams, Lady Gaga, Madonna and so on... Without computer help, they wouldn't be putting one single on the market.

Now Alicia writes the song, performs it on Piano and sings to it.

I half got where you were coming from but I used it as an excuse to rant, just in case.  ;D

Some people dismiss entire spectrums of music just because of the method in which the sound is generated. It seems ignorant to me, would you agree?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 05:17:06 AM »
Agreed but still better than London.

I actually really liked London the times I visited.  Of course taking a trip/vacation somewhere as opposed to living there full-time is very different.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 05:48:46 AM »
Unfortunately, that's what the music scene seems to be about these days...

Don't finish school, don't learn a job, be a loser, but then you can still be a music star and make it to the top!!

Seriously, how many singers out there can sing like Alicia (three octaves!), actually play musical instruments, not that computer enhanced bullshit that 99% is about.

You sound old!   ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 05:59:24 AM »
I half got where you were coming from but I used it as an excuse to rant, just in case.  ;D

Some people dismiss entire spectrums of music just because of the method in which the sound is generated. It seems ignorant to me, would you agree?

Well, there is good electronical music, i think.

You sound old!   ;D

I FEEL old, that's even worse, lol!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 06:06:09 AM »
New York is filled with a bunch of pricks.

new york is not a place for twinks, sounds like you found out the hard way.
175lbs by 31st July

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 06:11:47 AM »
new york is not a place for twinks, sounds like you found out the hard way.
Ha! Like you're Phileas Fogg, you shut-in. Oh brother. 

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 06:14:27 AM »
Ha! Like you're Phileas Fogg, you shut-in. Oh brother. 

Are you saying Fatpanda dreams of Passepartout to bring him more Kitkats, so he would be able to move less?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 06:17:23 AM »
NYC is strong with teh gay.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 06:36:55 AM »
I live here.  Its survival of the fittest.