Author Topic: Should the nation's top lawmakers have some understanding of the Supreme court?  (Read 1220 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The Senate makes laws all day long.  They also approve/disapprove Supreme Court nominees, among other duties.  Should there be some sort of test to ensure people who run for the Senate/win the job prove some sort of understanding of the law?

Tonight, ODonnell failed to name a recent Supreme Court decision she agreed with... O'Donnell paused for a few seconds before telling the questioners she would get back to them and "put it up on my website".

To me - if you want to make the laws that will shape the nation, and deal with the huge complex issues we face... you should at least be able to name a single Court Decision.... sheesh, we don't let 9th graders earn their freshman credits in "Intro to Govt" class unless they demonstrate understanding of quite a few Supreme Court decisions.... yet a person can be elected to the SENATE without proving any knowledge of the biggest Court in the land?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
You mean like Obama?   ::)   ::)  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
You mean like Obama?   ::)   ::)  ::)

you disagree with his ideology, no doubt about that.

But nobody could say "he can't explain A SINGLE SCOTUS decision".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
you disagree with his ideology, no doubt about that.

But nobody could say "he can't explain A SINGLE SCOTUS decision".

The fool has been ranting about citizens united for months whle he himself took millions from untraceable foreign donors.  Of course he knows that case. . 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
The fool has been ranting about citizens united for months whle he himself took millions from untraceable foreign donors.  Of course he knows that case. . 

yeah, we should definitely change the topic from "Should the nation's top lawmakers have some understanding of the Supreme court?" to something like "Is Obama a hypocrite?"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
yeah, we should definitely change the topic from "Should the nation's top lawmakers have some understanding of the Supreme court?" to something like "Is Obama a hypocrite?"

Should they?  Of course they should!

however, again - if its a marxist tax happy trust fund asshole vs. ODonnell, i am going for her 10/10 times. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Should they?  Of course they should!

however, again - if its a marxist tax happy trust fund asshole vs. ODonnell, i am going for her 10/10 times. 

The people of delaware want change.  They dislike the obama policies.  In this case, however, I think it comes down to the fact that they are unwilling to look past her obvious shortcomings and trust her with the decision making power.

You toss just about any other candidate in that (R) slot, and he/she destroys a lifetime obama puppet like Coons.  Shame on the DEL voters for choosing a shitty candidate.  Hopefully, primary voters will have better wisdom and higher standards in 2012.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I find it funny that libs are so focussed on this race.I notice no mention of Rand Paul anymore.That little bull dyke,Maddow,no longer insults him everynight.I notice not a mention of the Rubio race,or the Miller race or any other race where libs are going to get their fucking ass kicked.Not a mention of Patty Murry who is going to get smoked or Reid or a republican winning Obamas seat in Ill..Just this race.Talk about desperation.Yeah,losing the congress and 8 seats in the senate is a real victory because they defeat Odonnell.What a bunch of morons.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I find it funny that libs are so focussed on this race.I notice no mention of Rand Paul anymore.That little bull dyke,Maddow,no longer insults him everynight.I notice not a mention of the Rubio race,or the Miller race or any other race where libs are going to get their fucking ass kicked.Not a mention of Patty Murry who is going to get smoked or Reid or a republican winning Obamas seat in Ill..Just this race.Talk about desperation.Yeah,losing the congress and 8 seats in the senate is a real victory because they defeat Odonnell.What a bunch of morons.

This is what these freaks do - focus on the weakest link. 

Do they mention the guy in SC?  Meek?  Some of the other freaks?  Of course not.  Typical assholes. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
The Senate makes laws all day long.  They also approve/disapprove Supreme Court nominees, among other duties.  Should there be some sort of test to ensure people who run for the Senate/win the job prove some sort of understanding of the law?

Tonight, ODonnell failed to name a recent Supreme Court decision she agreed with... O'Donnell paused for a few seconds before telling the questioners she would get back to them and "put it up on my website".

To me - if you want to make the laws that will shape the nation, and deal with the huge complex issues we face... you should at least be able to name a single Court Decision.... sheesh, we don't let 9th graders earn their freshman credits in "Intro to Govt" class unless they demonstrate understanding of quite a few Supreme Court decisions.... yet a person can be elected to the SENATE without proving any knowledge of the biggest Court in the land?

Interesting, you can single out O'Donnell if you like, but it is obvious that most of the assholes in congress have no understanding of the SC or the constitution.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I find it funny that libs are so focussed on this race.

She's pretty darn important.  This seat was a guaranteed Win with Castle, and would have likely given the Repubs a tie or senate control.

Now, losing this seat that was an automatic, they ain't in such good shape anymore.

So yeah, every SENATE RACE is kinda a big deal.  The senate can start and end things like war, obamacare, etc.  The repubs vote party line on many things - and castle would have voted with repubs on a shitload more issue than Coons will lol...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
What I really want to know is why we hear not one thing about Coons and his affinity for communism? I mean shit, if anyone still believes the MSM isn't in the tank for the Dems the are delusional.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What I really want to know is why we hear not one thing about Coons and his affinity for communism? I mean shit, if anyone still believes the MSM isn't in the tank for the Dems the are delusional.

the funniest thing is you see the exact same crap parrotted by many who don't need to be named almost word for word. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
She's pretty darn important.  This seat was a guaranteed Win with Castle, and would have likely given the Repubs a tie or senate control.

Now, losing this seat that was an automatic, they ain't in such good shape anymore.

So yeah, every SENATE RACE is kinda a big deal.  The senate can start and end things like war, obamacare, etc.  The repubs vote party line on many things - and castle would have voted with repubs on a shitload more issue than Coons will lol...

Yes,your right.So the Rubio race is just as importannt.You dont mention that anymore,I wonder why?Your guy is going to get his f'n ass obliterated in a landslide.No mention of Paul or any other race.How about Wisconsin?I guess those races arent important.This race in Dellaware is the most important one.Typical lib.you focus on a race where a conservative might lose,but ignore the races where commie libs are going to get smashed into the ground.

We are going to get rid of ALL liberal republicans eventually and then all liberals period.The Feingolds,the Murrays, the Reids are on their way out.Keep focussing on a race a lib might win,we will focus on winning the house[you know,the place that controlls the money]and getting enough seats in the senate to completley stop Obamas agenda cold.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Obama doesn't understand simple concepts like separation of church and state and he seems to have a rudimentary grasp of what's written in the Constitution. Why are you not taking your hero, messiah and savior to task for that, 240?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

I agree.  There are lots of important races around the country. 

And regarding the subject of this thread:   ::)