Author Topic: Guys: How do you "break up" with someone?  (Read 6860 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Guys: How do you "break up" with someone?
« on: October 14, 2010, 08:09:45 AM »
I have a friend who met someone from one of those online dating services about 3 weeks ago.  The first 2 dates went fine I guess except from the moment he met her he's said "she's really nice, but...." and then a plethora of excuses came (she's got young kids, she works weekends, blah blah blah).  Obviously (to me) no chemistry, so why the hell did he keep going out with her, or communicating with her  ::) I don't know.  Now he wants out but is too afraid to hurt her feelings cuz she's always saying how great and wonderful he is.

So, guys, how do you gently break up with someone?  Single gals, what's easiest to hear if you're on the receiving end?
:

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Guys: How do you "break up" with someone?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 11:56:35 AM »
I have a friend who met someone from one of those online dating services about 3 weeks ago.  The first 2 dates went fine I guess except from the moment he met her he's said "she's really nice, but...." and then a plethora of excuses came (she's got young kids, she works weekends, blah blah blah).  Obviously (to me) no chemistry, so why the hell did he keep going out with her, or communicating with her  ::) I don't know.  Now he wants out but is too afraid to hurt her feelings cuz she's always saying how great and wonderful he is.

So, guys, how do you gently break up with someone?  Single gals, what's easiest to hear if you're on the receiving end?

Be straight up and upfront. None of this email, text message or phone call  bulls**t. Guys don't like to play games and would rather be told face to face so they can move on. Its the right thing to do.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »

1.  Online dating services are for losers
2.  You really have to ask why he keeps "communicating" with her despite no chemistry?
"They say that breakin' up is hard to do." - Neil Sedaka
"They're wrong." - Clint Eastwood
~

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 07:01:56 PM »
"it's not you, it's me."

;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 08:11:48 PM »

not to be a dick but why do chicks date guys they really dont have interest in? whats the line? "a girls got to eat?" well I guy has to...well you know...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 08:18:35 PM »
Be straight up and upfront. None of this email, text message or phone call  bulls**t. Guys don't like to play games and would rather be told face to face so they can move on. Its the right thing to do.
I agree with the straight foreward and honest approach, its only been 3 or so dates there shouldnt be that high of expectations yet so it really shouldnt be that big a deal.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 08:19:43 PM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 09:31:12 PM »

not to be a dick but why do chicks date guys they really dont have interest in? whats the line? "a girls got to eat?" well I guy has to...well you know...

Clarification:

This is a guy.  He doesn't want to hurt her feelings, but I also think he's easily manipulated so every time she says how great she thinks he is, the harder it becomes for him. 

I told him after the 2nd date to walk away.   Of course he didn't listen and caved after she called him.
:

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 09:57:03 PM »
"Goodbye lady" :)
P

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 10:17:20 PM »
Haha did you idiots even read her post carefully.  I think the guy was just giving her the benefit of the doubt to see if maybe a 2nd or 3rd date he might get to know her and see if there was chemistry.  Sorry but if you're an adult and you are out to meet and experience new people you're can't really get to know someone after one date.  If he doesn't feel attraction towards her he should tell her.  But there is nothing wrong with being friends.  And online dating can be a really great experience or a really bad one. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 05:43:18 AM »

Clarification:

This is a guy.  He doesn't want to hurt her feelings, but I also think he's easily manipulated so every time she says how great she thinks he is, the harder it becomes for him. 

I told him after the 2nd date to walk away.   Of course he didn't listen and caved after she called him.

I still say either way you owe it to the person to be upfront and not cowardice.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 07:12:40 AM »
R

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 07:48:17 AM »
"it's not you, it's me."

;D
The Goerge Costanza approach?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 09:35:14 AM »
Haha did you idiots even read her post carefully.  I think the guy was just giving her the benefit of the doubt to see if maybe a 2nd or 3rd date he might get to know her and see if there was chemistry.  

That's exactly what he was doing.  I could tell just by what "he said/she said" that it wasn't going to go anywhere.  Personally, I think she sounds a little whacky (sympathy seeker type), but then again I'm only hearing one side. 

Anyway, he's on his way over to do some electrical work so I'll get a full update.
:

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 07:14:13 PM »
Haha did you idiots even read her post carefully.  I think the guy was just giving her the benefit of the doubt to see if maybe a 2nd or 3rd date he might get to know her and see if there was chemistry.  Sorry but if you're an adult and you are out to meet and experience new people you're can't really get to know someone after one date.  If he doesn't feel attraction towards her he should tell her.  But there is nothing wrong with being friends.  And online dating can be a really great experience or a really bad one. 

rofl being friends.  By not having chemistry after a few dates really means she hasn't put out yet and he doesn't feel like chasing anymore

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 05:24:40 AM »
Post it on her Facebook wall.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 05:59:31 AM »

I say "I'm not ready to settle down..." (which means I wanna sleep with someone other than you)
I say "I think we need a break..."
I say "My ex and I are starting to talk... and we've decided to try again..."
I stop calling/emailing and stop taking their calls :'(

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 04:07:51 PM »
I always just piss them off and then let them breakup with me.

superman.cd

• Getbig II
  • Evybody Gidown!!!- The Oak!
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 08:20:57 PM »
So...... what happened? It's been a couple months. Is he still with her just sitting there being miserable?
Maynard is GOD!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 08:37:29 PM »
bench: "we need to talk"
gabby: "about what?"
bench: "about you gathering your shit and leaving"
gabby: "WHAT??!?!?!?"
bench: "its not you, its me..I am the one who doesnt think your attractive anymore. I am the one who knows i can do better"

gabby: " are you fucking joking?"
bench: "nope, get the fuck out you miserable, hatefull bitch..you are someone elses problem now"
gabby: "i am going to fucking kill you"
bench: "good luck"

thats is pretty much word for word how my last breakup went before i got engaged to my current one ;D

bench

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 09:12:38 PM »

So, guys, how do you gently break up with someone?  

simple...thru e-mail.......waaaait...hear me out...

he breaks up in an e-mail...she is pissed at him...that KEEPS  HER FOR BEING HURT...she will just be pissed and think its for the better its over since he is a jerk....

done..and done... :)
carpe` vaginum!

superman.cd

• Getbig II
  • Evybody Gidown!!!- The Oak!
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 04:48:51 AM »
Bench, that is some funny shit!!!
Maynard is GOD!!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 07:18:20 AM »

But she sounded perfect for you  ;D

R

newmom

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 07:24:52 AM »
I don't know. I think most can tell after the first date if you want a second one. But also, some people are a tad nervous so it's good to try a second date. Why men think they need to take a female out to dinner on the first date. Just meet casually over a few cocktails or coffee or something.

Just be honest, the truth hurts for sure, but after just 2 dates or so, it isn't the end of the world.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 07:49:48 AM »
bench: "we need to talk"
gabby: "about what?"
bench: "about you gathering your shit and leaving"
gabby: "WHAT??!?!?!?"
bench: "its not you, its me..I am the one who doesnt think your attractive anymore. I am the one who knows i can do better"

gabby: " are you fucking joking?"
bench: "nope, get the fuck out you miserable, hatefull bitch..you are someone elses problem now"
bench: "good luck"

thats is pretty much word for word how my last breakup went before i got engaged to my current one ;D

bench

ROFL