Author Topic: 'Burka Rage' Teacher Faces Jail In France After Ripping Off Muslim Woman's Veil  (Read 2109 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
For those who like to implore the virtue of "doing the RIGHT THING" as opposed to what legally can be done. Here is a case of a Muslim woman wearing her customary/religious garment Burka and a teacher so brainwashed and terrorized by the media and government that she felt it OK to rip the garment off of her face. Now in all honesty who has exposed themselves as the hatemonger, aggressor, violator? Since no law exists at the moment banning any such garment should this teacher be thrown in jail for assault and discrimination? or is this "justified/the right thing to do" though it is a violation of the law at the moment?

'Burka rage' teacher faces jail in France after ripping off Muslim woman's face veil

By Peter Allen
Last updated at 2:12 PM on 14th October 2010

A retired English teacher was facing three years in prison today for ripping off a Muslim's face veil in the world's first known case of 'burka rage'. (Posed by model)

A retired teacher is facing three years in prison for ripping off a Muslim’s face veil in the world’s first known case of ‘burka rage’.

The 63-year-old woman, so far only referred to by her first name Marlene, appeared before the Paris Correctional Court to defend her attack on Shaika, 26, who originally comes from the United Arab Emirates.

The happened in February when both women were out shopping in an upmarket suburb of the French capital, with Marlene claiming: ‘For me the wearing of the veil is an aggressive act,  there is no burka in my country.’

The case comes at an extremely sensitive time as France has just banned the burka  and the niqab following an impassioned public debate more than two years.

Marlene, who is accused of aggravated violence, is said to have ‘lost control’ when she saw Shaika choosing furniture in a department store.

‘I knew I would crack one day,’ said Marlene. ‘This whole saga of the burka was really getting to me.’

Speaking in English to her victim, Marlene, who has taught in Morocco and Saudi Arabia, said: ‘I told her to take off the veil she had on her face. I grabbed and pulled it.

‘To me wearing a full veil is an attack on being a woman. As a woman, I felt attacked.’

A few minutes later Marlene is said to have started hitting Shaika, who refused to take her veil off.

‘I went over to her and tore her veil,’ said Marlene in a police report. ‘We came to blows. I was very upset.’

After allegedly slapping Shaika, Marlene bit her hand before successfully removing the veil, shouting: ‘Now I can see your face.’

Security guards had to separate the women, with one describing the fight as being motivated by ‘pure burka rage’.

Shaika suffered cuts and bruises and had to take two days off work. She was so upset that she has now left France and returned to the Emirates, and will not attend today’s court case.

Marlene’s defence for the attack was that ‘we do not wear the burka in my country’ but in fact no ban was in place in February.

Even if it was, it would not be up to people to make citizen’s arrests, said a legal source involved in the case.

Marlene said: ‘I’ve taught in countries like Morocco and Saudi Arabia and know how these women walk three paces behind their husbands.

‘When I saw a burka in a Paris shop I thought it was very provocative. I did not hit or use any violence against this woman. I just wanted to pull her burqa off. I know I shouldn’t have got angry, but I lost it.’

Lotfi Ouled Ben Hafsia, for Shaika,  said his client had been living in Paris for three years, but would never return because of the ‘racist attack’.

It is now a criminal offence to wear a burka in France, with woman facing fines and even a prison sentence when the law is enforced in six months time.

The case continues.
C

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Hoorah !!! for the teacher.....wish she would move to the states.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V

But based on what are you justifying this action? Is it because it just "feels" right as opposed to a law stating it is wrong to do so? I ask, because this harps of the mosque issue in Manhattan
C

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

She's a true French patriot doing her part to uphold France's secular constitution. Sounds like she had good reason to rip it off.

At least she didn't take the Muslim approach and kill the woman.  :-X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
For those who like to implore the virtue of "doing the RIGHT THING" as opposed to what legally can be done. Here is a case of a Muslim woman wearing her customary/religious garment Burka and a teacher so brainwashed and terrorized by the media and government that she felt it OK to rip the garment off of her face. Now in all honesty who has exposed themselves as the hatemonger, aggressor, violator? Since no law exists at the moment banning any such garment should this teacher be thrown in jail for assault and discrimination? or is this "justified/the right thing to do" though it is a violation of the law at the moment?

'Burka rage' teacher faces jail in France after ripping off Muslim woman's face veil

By Peter Allen
Last updated at 2:12 PM on 14th October 2010

A retired English teacher was facing three years in prison today for ripping off a Muslim's face veil in the world's first known case of 'burka rage'. (Posed by model)

A retired teacher is facing three years in prison for ripping off a Muslim’s face veil in the world’s first known case of ‘burka rage’.

The 63-year-old woman, so far only referred to by her first name Marlene, appeared before the Paris Correctional Court to defend her attack on Shaika, 26, who originally comes from the United Arab Emirates.

The happened in February when both women were out shopping in an upmarket suburb of the French capital, with Marlene claiming: ‘For me the wearing of the veil is an aggressive act,  there is no burka in my country.’

The case comes at an extremely sensitive time as France has just banned the burka  and the niqab following an impassioned public debate more than two years.

Marlene, who is accused of aggravated violence, is said to have ‘lost control’ when she saw Shaika choosing furniture in a department store.

‘I knew I would crack one day,’ said Marlene. ‘This whole saga of the burka was really getting to me.’

Speaking in English to her victim, Marlene, who has taught in Morocco and Saudi Arabia, said: ‘I told her to take off the veil she had on her face. I grabbed and pulled it.

‘To me wearing a full veil is an attack on being a woman. As a woman, I felt attacked.’

A few minutes later Marlene is said to have started hitting Shaika, who refused to take her veil off.

‘I went over to her and tore her veil,’ said Marlene in a police report. ‘We came to blows. I was very upset.’

After allegedly slapping Shaika, Marlene bit her hand before successfully removing the veil, shouting: ‘Now I can see your face.’

Security guards had to separate the women, with one describing the fight as being motivated by ‘pure burka rage’.

Shaika suffered cuts and bruises and had to take two days off work. She was so upset that she has now left France and returned to the Emirates, and will not attend today’s court case.

Marlene’s defence for the attack was that ‘we do not wear the burka in my country’ but in fact no ban was in place in February.

Even if it was, it would not be up to people to make citizen’s arrests, said a legal source involved in the case.

Marlene said: ‘I’ve taught in countries like Morocco and Saudi Arabia and know how these women walk three paces behind their husbands.

‘When I saw a burka in a Paris shop I thought it was very provocative. I did not hit or use any violence against this woman. I just wanted to pull her burqa off. I know I shouldn’t have got angry, but I lost it.’

Lotfi Ouled Ben Hafsia, for Shaika,  said his client had been living in Paris for three years, but would never return because of the ‘racist attack’.

It is now a criminal offence to wear a burka in France, with woman facing fines and even a prison sentence when the law is enforced in six months time.

The case continues.

Is that chic auditioning for a role in a Ninja Film? 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
But based on what are you justifying this action? Is it because it just "feels" right as opposed to a law stating it is wrong to do so? I ask, because this harps of the mosque issue in Manhattan

i think anytime an indivdual, other than Halloween and sports mascots, are wearing a mask, they should have it torn off of them.   And preferably flogged.

Power

• Getbig III
  • Move along
Is that chic auditioning for a role in a Ninja Film? 

You sure it is a chic, I see man hands.