Author Topic: An example how to do squats PROPERLY!!!  (Read 10868 times)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
An example how to do squats PROPERLY!!!
« on: October 16, 2010, 01:27:46 AM »
Inspiring

prety girl doing what "men" can't

take a look at this... don't give me that "his knees and back will magicly explode" shit... you would think he allready broke them when he was squatting 200kg for the first time in his life  ::)

17 year old "eurotrash" doing a mans job here.

My faverut... this will shut you up!

this is also prety kewl

makes me whanna focuse solely on leg training  :P

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: An example how to do squats PROPERLY!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 01:37:51 AM »
Those guys are complete fucking morons.  I mean what the fuck does squatting all of that weight really prove?  They will have nothing but knee problems later in life.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 01:43:09 AM »
dude you missed the point... that's how you should squat.

half assed squats mean shit,

and like I said you would think all these guys allready had those knee problems... but they still keep going and going... and they don't look like they suffer when they squat.

Doing deep squats activates your hip muscles and, as funny as it sounds, reduces the strain from your knees due to this reason.

only modern day "gay for pay, as much steroids as possible and as little work as possible" juice monkeys have your mentality.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 01:49:10 AM »
dude you missed the point... that's how you should squat.

half assed squats mean shit,

and like I said you would think all these guys allready had those knee problems... but they still keep going and going... and they don't look like they suffer when they squat.

Doing deep squats activates your hip muscles and, as funny as it sounds, reduces the strain from your knees due to this reason.

only modern day "gay for pay, as much steroids as possible and as little work as possible" juice monkeys have your mentality.

Yes I agree deep squats are best but you do not need that much weight to grow and get stronger.  You are young so keep piling that weight on and come back in 10 years.  I promise you will change your tune.  Even Coach agrees with this.  If that is any consolation...lol.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 01:54:27 AM »
Yes I agree deep squats are best but you do not need that much weight to grow and get stronger.  You are young so keep piling that weight on and come back in 10 years.  I promise you will change your tune.  Even Coach agrees with this.  If that is any consolation...lol.

I loved the "even coach agrees with this" part  ;D

A sport doctor here told me that virtually everyone who has trained 15 years, especially weightlifting will suffer some sort of shoulder/knee/back problem... and the common is the shoulder problem and it's from bench pressing, he actually said that any strength excercise is prety much unnatural to human body in certain degree, he has 35years of experience in the field.

But this goes to everything in life,

I still think that if something happends it's because of bad training technique... DEEP squats is not a bad training technique but you can perform deep squats WITH a bad technique.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 01:57:15 AM »
wow that girl, imagine her ass with all those squats..  :o  ;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 02:04:10 AM »
wow that girl, imagine her ass with all those squats..  :o  ;D

you can see a glimps of it here... the first 6 seconds, after that it's "go make me a sandwitch"

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 02:20:29 AM »

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 02:32:24 AM »

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 03:08:33 AM »

No Bullshit... ;D

As I was saying.  You have a great development and you use light weight.  That is all you need.  I do not see the reason to pile on a 1000lbs and do 1 rep. No Bullshit.

You are a legend here Musclecenter !!!!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 03:28:26 AM »
Nice warmups.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 03:35:32 AM »
No Bullshit... ;D

As I was saying.  You have a great development and you use light weight.  That is all you need.  I do not see the reason to pile on a 1000lbs and do 1 rep. No Bullshit.

You are a legend here Musclecenter !!!!

250kg for 15 reps, which you could barely do properly with 110kg... those guys who could squat 300kg for 2 reps I'm sure if they  took 50kg away from the weight they could squat it even 30 reps... an amount of weight you guys can't squat even together.

And the point was to demonstrate how to squat properly, and that IT IS SAFE even with lots of weight.

there's no point in going heavy weight... and you can say, there is no point going low weight when you have passion to get stronger and put heavyer weights... sheesh... epic two faced people here.

dumb asses

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 03:54:56 AM »
Beyond parallel is sufficient.  ATG is a poor choice for a recreational lifter imo.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 04:00:40 AM »
Beyond parallel is sufficient.  ATG is a poor choice for a recreational lifter imo.

I'm starting to think that nobody in getbig really enjoys training  :P, "why take it seriously, you're never gonna be a olympic champion"

I don't think like that... ass to the grass is safe if you do it properly. doing parrallel squats puts even more strain to knees... what doesn't fucking put strain on your knees anyway. Parrallel squats does it more than ass to the grass, though.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 04:15:44 AM »
I'm starting to think that nobody in getbig really enjoys training  :P, "why take it seriously, you're never gonna be a olympic champion"

I don't think like that... ass to the grass is safe if you do it properly. doing parrallel squats puts even more strain to knees... what doesn't fucking put strain on your knees anyway. Parrallel squats does it more than ass to the grass, though.

According to my stepmom (2 PhDs, prosthetic joint consultant), stresses within the joint rise sharply past 90 degrees.  She's not infallible but the woman knows knees.  I see no reason for me not to defer to her knowledge on this one.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 04:20:04 AM »
According to my stepmom (2 PhDs, prosthetic joint consultant), stresses within the joint rise sharply past 90 degrees.  She's not infallible but the woman knows knees.  I see no reason for me not to defer to her knowledge on this one.

your 2 phds's are wrong according to all those guys in those videos who squat your house.

did you see the tall guy squating  that 285 kgs for a double? prolly trained for 20 years prior to that, an olympic level lifter... I'm sure he has more experience than you, mr."all on paper".

I have to wonder where this oblivious claim comes from when people see guys squating impressive weight easily ATG... it's like, ... almost like you're jealouse and want to denie the whole scene.... it's like those black sprinters, they look too good to be acknowledged publicly, many people's selfesteem would shatter (no homo), just saying.... but you're not, right.

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 04:24:31 AM »
prety girl doing what "men" can't

Great post, especially this video of Cara Heads.

devilsmile is also 100% correct, full squatting is safer and natural.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 04:25:58 AM »
I don't know what to tell you.  A knowledgeable person has given me her opinion and I believe her.  If you think otherwise, no worries.  It's nothing to get bent about, man.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 04:27:56 AM »
According to my stepmom (2 PhDs, prosthetic joint consultant), stresses within the joint rise sharply past 90 degrees.  She's not infallible but the woman knows knees.  I see no reason for me not to defer to her knowledge on this one.

C'mon Tape...Do you expect us to believe those lies?  Devilsmile has legs that can break the back of an Elephant to back up his claims.  ::)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 04:32:36 AM »
C'mon Tape...Do you expect us to believe those lies?  Devilsmile has legs that can break the back of an Elephant to back up his claims.  ::)

not me, I have bitch legs, but I squat atg non the less and don't see the point of parrallel squats.

Well I do get the point if you mean getting a differend feel to your legs, but saying ATG is unsafe is biased. Did anyone even watch the videos  ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 04:33:18 AM »

Just weighing in.  Lol, I wasn't looking for a great debate on the subject or anything.

And tbh my legs don't exactly recommend my approach either.  ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 04:35:39 AM »
not me, I have bitch legs, but I squat atg non the less and don't see the point of parrallel squats.

Well I do get the point if you mean getting a differend feel to your legs, but saying ATG is unsafe is biased. Did anyone even watch the videos  ::)

Not saying it's unsafe.  It's not like injury is guaranteed or anything.  I just think it's less safe.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 04:40:36 AM »
Not saying it's unsafe.  It's not like injury is guaranteed or anything.  I just think it's less safe.

it sounds funny at first, but, done properly- deep squats reduce the strain from the knees and puts more stress on your hips, not knees. I don't need 2phd's just to know this one little fact. Parrallel squat takes away strain from the glutes, deep squat adds strain to the glutes. Parrallel squats adds more strain to the knees, deep squat reduces it.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 05:08:23 AM »
Questions to all squat monsters...

how do I prevent my ass from flattening during the low squat position?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 06:01:46 AM »
it sounds funny at first, but, done properly- deep squats reduce the strain from the knees and puts more stress on your hips, not knees. I don't need 2phd's just to know this one little fact. Parrallel squat takes away strain from the glutes, deep squat adds strain to the glutes. Parrallel squats adds more strain to the knees, deep squat reduces it.

This is more or less the argument that Rippetoe presents in Starting Strength, if I remember.  It's a great book but he didn't persuade me on ATG squats.  The most obvious objection that occurred to me is that even if we grant that the parallel position is so lousy, you're still passing through it twice during the ATG ROM.

He also discusses the engagement of various muscles in the deep squat, but never explained to my satisfaction why that would reduce stress on the knee joint, which continues to act as a fulcrum with a particular load regardless of the muscles which are in play on its lever arm.  Why would engaging glutes (which engage anyway, but I digress) reduce the load on the knee?  I never got that.

(He also talks about tendons balancing shearing forces within the knee in the ATG but, as I mentioned, I was told stresses within the joint rise dramatically as the angle increases past 90, balancing tendons or not).