Author Topic: you're building a home. ...  (Read 5298 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: you're building a home. ...
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 12:28:51 AM »
Large indoor aquariums can be nothing but trouble in residential homes.
only trouble time wise.  If you're into that kind of thing, it's cool.  If you're not ready to spend the time with it, it's a big mistake.  Or there is always the option of having someone else come in to maintain it if you've got the money and don't care about the weekly intrusions.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 12:13:43 AM »
a poker room, connected to the smoking room.

------------

http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/#

press, enter the adg online portfolio, click aquascape galleries & view. some nice stuff  8)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »
Several years ago the business I was in sometimes included some very wealthy residential customers.  One home had a room dedicated to turtles and rumor had it that from the air the house was shaped like a turtle.

I only got to see Michael Jordan's house while it was under construction, but the plans were over the top.

This home had gargoyles surrounding it, built into the eaves (hideous IMO).  They had a section of the graffiti ridden Berlin Wall shipped over and used as some sort of lawn ornament.  Their kid's bedrooms were like small apartments.  It also had an indoor basketball court.
Absurd excess  ::)

:

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2010, 10:24:37 AM »
I read on my cousins Facebook page he is building his house and he has a waterslide going from his upstairs master bedroom through two other rooms into his pool.  He having some permit issues but said it will be done soon.  Can't wait to see what that looks like.  I remember as kids he had a trampoline (smaller) built into the ground right next to the pool so we could run and jump on it and then do flips into the pool. That was cool.  They also had a huge fish pond filled with giant Koi fish.  We used to go in it and try to catch them.  They had a few over 6 or 7 pounds easy.  Some of them cost over $5000 and that was back in the 60's and 70's.
No Worries 4 me

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2010, 12:30:02 PM »
cool. :D

a fire pole would be cool to. lol  :P

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2010, 12:37:01 PM »
I read on my cousins Facebook page he is building his house and he has a waterslide going from his upstairs master bedroom through two other rooms into his pool.  He having some permit issues but said it will be done soon.  Can't wait to see what that looks like.  I remember as kids he had a trampoline (smaller) built into the ground right next to the pool so we could run and jump on it and then do flips into the pool. That was cool.  They also had a huge fish pond filled with giant Koi fish.  We used to go in it and try to catch them.  They had a few over 6 or 7 pounds easy.  Some of them cost over $5000 and that was back in the 60's and 70's.

you're either the biggest liar the world has ever seen, or youve had the most interesting live of any man in history.

which is it?
TEAM LAURA LEE!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2010, 03:46:11 PM »
a room for an iguana.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 11:01:09 PM »

Butterbean

• Getbig V
R

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2010, 11:20:32 AM »
I have had a 125 gallon aquarium for 6 years (also had a 180 before)that with the filtration system I have is almost fully self sufficient...I can count on one hand how many times I have to mess with it in a givin year...If you buy the right setup fish tanks are very easy to maintain...far less hassle than owning a dog...
DAWG

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »
what kind of filtration system?

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2010, 02:44:28 PM »
im just wondering what the appeal of fish tanks is?
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2010, 02:45:08 PM »
just put in a flat screen monitor with a looping stream of fish?
TEAM LAURA LEE!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »

------------

http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/#

press, enter the adg online portfolio, click aquascape galleries & view. some nice stuff  8)

check out this link, some beautiful stuff there.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 09:12:07 PM »

more photos ... too lazy to post more :D
link:http://www.contemporist.com/2010/10/29/lefevre-house-by-longhi-architects/

Thats what Im talking about. Fucking sweet.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
you're either the biggest liar the world has ever seen, or youve had the most interesting live of any man in history.

which is it?

Thanks for the compliment.  look up Carter Pasch on Facebook and read his posts.  He is my cousin.  Sorry to disappoint you but I guess I must have an ionteresting life.  By the way I have not seen or talked to my cousin in about 13 years or more.  I also come from a very disfunctional family.

I cut & paste his post on his Facebook page

Carter Pasch Work in work on work under paint this fix that.. its a hands on kind of thing.. but when the work is all done. Its Party Time
Im still working on the water slide that goes through the living room but hout tub number three gets in the way. I guess I could make it just stop at the tub ?
Thank...s Susan you sparked a idea (:

ya know i better have that party on a three day weekend

Here is a video of him in one of his boats. He likes fast toys.

Anything else you want me to prove.  What amazes me is what I find normal stuff or nothing really that fancy everyone else thinks it is and says I am bragging or full of shit.  I have forgot 1000 times more stuff than I can remember cause I really don't care at the time.  I kind of wish I did, cause I would have alot more photos and stuff.
No Worries 4 me

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 07:18:51 AM »
what kind of filtration system?

sorry didnt see this post sooner...something like this...

people have serious misconceptions about the upkeep of fish tanks...most think the bigger they are the harder to maintain but it's actually the opposite....125 gallon is the smallest tank I would buy...I've owned multiple fish tanks for over 15 years and never had any major problems upkeep wise...I can go on vacations for a week at a time at the drop of a hat with no problems try doing that when you own a few dogs...
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2010, 07:23:25 AM »
anyone that doesn't see the beauty in something like this is culturally/artistically inept...

DAWG

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2010, 11:07:05 AM »
When I was a kid a neighbor of our had a 500 gallon tank that when you forst enter the front door it was the first thing you saw.  it separated the foyer from the living room.  It was the biggest tank I had ever seen at the time.  It was salt water and had all kinds of fancy fish.  Then in 87' I was working on a film in San Diego and was up in the penthouse fucking the owner of the hotels girlfriend while he was in New York.  He had a fish tank that was absolutely huge.  Not sure how big but it was over a 1000 gallons easy.  And yes we got caught by someone and they told the producers and I got yelled at and the owner gave us 2 days to leave the propoerty.  And yes this is a true story and somewhere I have us on tape down on the beach pointing up to the penthouse where we did it.  Yes old times
No Worries 4 me

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »
having a house built is a pain in the ass.....i dont ever want to have that done again.....i eventually gave up on the shit...told my mom to have fun, and let her deal with it ;D

i actually got to the point where i said "i refuse to even think about this shit anymore"...handed my mom all the info she needed, and told her to call me if the assholes needed anymore money ;D

bench

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2010, 03:16:27 PM »
I'm bored. do this in point form it's easier to read.

If I was building a home, it would have to have a;

- sauna
- weight room
- basketball half court in basement
- indoor swimming pool
- bowling lane
- smoking room
- audio room, for recording[instruments] or listening to music.
- obviously a home theatre
- massive aquarium

I like the way you think.

also too:

-home office
-conference room
-banquet / ballroom
-green room
-hidden vault
-panic room
-secret tunnels  ;D

And the biggest must have:  A MAID!
w

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »
- Id also have a panic room or even a crazy 1800 sq ft bunker with tunnels going to other parts of the property, same with the ballroom thing.

- also an attached 3 car garage, with an off site underground &/or warehouse, depending on location 50-150 yards away and a boat dock.

- no neighbours within 2 miles

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2010, 08:52:01 PM »

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'