Author Topic: Professor McMahon  (Read 2241 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Professor McMahon
« on: October 17, 2010, 11:48:13 AM »
According to a report on www.f4wonline.com, newly called-up WWE wrestlers as well as lower-card wrestlers are required to attend a weekly “promo class” directed by Vince McMahon where he instructs them on how to conduct promos. One person noted that the instruction varies from week-to-week as McMahon cannot make up his mind on what he wants.

Good or bad idea?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Professor McMahon
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
Yes, individuality is best learned as a group.

"Acting classes" is a good idea if you're making cookies.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 12:54:26 PM »
Ouch.....that is pretty sad and very indicative of the current crop of "talent" Vince has....oh well, reap what you sow, as they say...

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 05:00:48 AM »
According to a report on www.f4wonline.com, newly called-up WWE wrestlers as well as lower-card wrestlers are required to attend a weekly “promo class” directed by Vince McMahon where he instructs them on how to conduct promos. One person noted that the instruction varies from week-to-week as McMahon cannot make up his mind on what he wants.

Good or bad idea?
I just read this and I say BAD idea. It should be a road agent like Arn Anderson or Dusty Rhodes that does the schooling. They were both former top stars in their territories and they both have the know how and experience. Those are just two examples.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 05:04:48 AM »
I just read this and I say BAD idea. It should be a road agent like Arn Anderson or Dusty Rhodes that does the schooling. They were both former top stars in their territories and they both have the know how and experience. Those are just two examples.

Dusty and Arn were two of the best EVER on the mic.  Waste to have them sit around while VKM does this.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 05:23:09 AM »
Dusty and Arn were two of the best EVER on the mic.  Waste to have them sit around while VKM does this.
That's because Vince is a CONTROL freak.

Have any of you watched TNA lately? They are doing the "attitude era" type thing. Not PG bullshit.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 05:27:06 AM »
That's because Vince is a CONTROL freak.

Have any of you watched TNA lately? They are doing the "attitude era" type thing. Not PG bullshit.

I've watched a bit here and there.....WAY too much talking and not enough in-ring wrestling for me.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 05:44:10 AM »
I've watched a bit here and there.....WAY too much talking and not enough in-ring wrestling for me.
Its still better than WWE programming IMO.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 08:01:23 AM »
Its still better than WWE programming IMO.

I agree. The last time I watched WWE, I couldn't get interested at all.  Just awful.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 09:00:03 AM »
I agree. The last time I watched WWE, I couldn't get interested at all.  Just awful.
I mostly watch dvd's now. Just this morning I had the Flair dvd (the promos) cranked before work while I was getting ready.

What'll happen on Raw tonight? More Nexus boring shit, Cena little kid fans crying in the crowd, diva's that can't wrestle worth a damn and low card wrestlers that for whatever reason are put in high card / main event spots.  :-\

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »
It's not as good as it has been in the past for sure. All I do is complain while watching it. But I still always watch it. I'm pretty sure I will forever.

Yeah, I'm a creature of habit as well.  It's the thought of not watching it for a couple of weeks, and then something good actually happens.  So I keep sitting here and waiting to be disappointed.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 08:57:43 PM »
One of the biggest disappointments right now is Edge. His talent is being wasted in such a big way right now. This guy is the ultimate opportunist and should be stirring the $hit up on RAW. Dude came back after that serious injury. Won the Rumble. Whats he doing now? He's getting ripped off.

There are far too many talents being under-used, and they are stagnating.  Apparently they haven't got anything for Punk at the moment, yet he's been one of the top guys for the past year.  How can they not have anything for him?  That wouldn't happen with Cena, HHH, Orton, etc.  They'd always find something for those guys.  The one guy I'm happy is getting more of the spotlight at the moment is Kane, but as much as I like Taker, he looks like a wreck these days, and it's having an affect on the feud.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 08:00:15 AM »
Yeah, I'm a creature of habit as well.  It's the thought of not watching it for a couple of weeks, and then something good actually happens.  So I keep sitting here and waiting to be disappointed.
DVD's are all I watch now. I PVR Raw & Smackdown purposely so I can skim through it quickly.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 01:52:27 PM »
DVD's are all I watch now. I PVR Raw & Smackdown purposely so I can skim through it quickly.

Yeah, I skim too, but I can't imagine not watching at all.  I suppose it's a form of OCD, but it's the thought of missing something good that keeps me hanging on!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 07:37:43 PM »
I remember seeing CMP at a few indy shows back around 2004.
You knew he had it....
You knew he was gonna make it...somewhere, and to some degree, but...

He exceeded my expectations of him.

Congratulations.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 04:48:06 AM »
Timmy went to MSG the last time it was there. Chavo was hands down the most talented guy there. I haven't seen him live before. That guy is good. But besides him. Punk was the most charismatic. He went against Show and just totally worked the crowd. This guy did such a great great job. He was riding high. He was the highlight of last years Rumble. This guy is so good. Why didn't they expand on the SES instead of closing it? Punk is one of the best guys on the mic for 2010. He wrestles great against anyone they put him against.
I agree with you here, Chef. Chavo is extremely talented and I suppose its becasue he learned from Uncle Eddie. They should utilize him better. SES was really over, I still don't understand why they ended it. Punk was awesome in that role.