Author Topic: Bronx man buries longtime love on top of wife (and father) in cemetary.  (Read 677 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Updated: Sun., Oct. 17, 2010, 12:42 PM  
Bronx man buries longtime love on top of wife
By HEATHER HADDON
www.nypost.com

Last Updated: 12:42 PM, October 17, 2010

________________________ ________________________ _

It's big love -- six feet under.

Santos Ellin, 67, has buried his love of 18 years, Maria Acevedo, in the same Bronx grave as his wife, Lucy Ellin. Now the packed plot has sparked a family feud, with two sets of children arguing over the gravestone, the inscription and whether the two should be buried together at all.

"This has caused much strife and bad blood between the families," Maria's daughter Maribel Miranda, 43, wrote in a court petition earlier this month. She asked the court for permission to have her mother's casket exhumed and buried elsewhere in the same Castle Hill graveyard.

The problems started two years ago, when 61-year-old Maria succumbed to cancer and diabetes. Ellin said he buried his longtime partner in the plot he owns at St. Raymond's Cemetery -- you can put up to three bodies in the same grave -- because her children didn't have money to bury her themselves.

BODIES PILE UP IN LITTLE ITALY UNDERTAKER WAR

"I put [Maria] there because she was my partner, my wife, my friend, my everything," Ellin said in his Bronx apartment lined with guitars and memorabilia from Puerto Rico. "I didn't want to move her."

Maria's death sent her five Bronx children into a terrible state of grief, Ellin said. He offered $1,000 for funeral-home service and space in the $4,600 grave, letting them know that his first wife of 20 years was resting there, he said.

"I don't regret it," said Ellin, who met Maria at a Bronx salsa club, with the pair going on to win dance contests. "I did love her very much."

Maria's daughter Miranda said she was "emotionally distraught" when she agreed to have her mother buried there and had been on medication that confused her.

The move also didn't sit well with the two adult children of Santos and Lucy, who didn't want Maria immortalized on the same gravestone. Maria's children instead have had to pray to a laminated photograph posted in the ground and have tried to compensate by adding plastic flowers and an "I love you beloved mother" sticker.

"It's hard," said Julio Miranda, 35, Maria's youngest child. "We are still dealing with my mom's death."

Santos' wife, Lucy, died, also from cancer, in 1980, when she was only 37. She had told him on her deathbed that he should find someone else.

Ellin added that it breaks his heart to have Maria uprooted from her eternal sleep, but he won't oppose the court petition.

Maria's children have since raised thousands of dollars to move their mom to a new plot they have picked in the same 180-acre cemetery. A judge has yet to respond to the request, but the petition was stamped "urgent."

If Maria is moved, Ellin's plot will be a double-decker instead of a triple-decker. His father, Daniel, also occupies the grave.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Bronx man buries longtime love on top of wife in cemetary.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 08:43:41 PM »
True story - about 5 years ag my uncle passed away and he was supposed to be buried in this same cemetary.  When we rolled up with the casket in this place - my aunt demanded that the funeral procession reverse course and go  back to the funeral home since this place is littered with headstones from gawdy puerto ricans who make these headstones into a freaking joke. 

Some had streamers, ribbons, pin ups and all sorts of crazy shit hanging from the stones. 

Additionally, they have "No BBQ'ing" signs all over the place since these idiots bring the family and do cook outs in the cemetary. 

We found a place in Westchester where thankfully he can rest in peace away from these heathens. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Bronx man buries longtime love on top of wife in cemetary.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 08:49:08 PM »
If Maria is moved, Ellin's plot will be a double-decker instead of a triple-decker. His father, Daniel, also occupies the grave.

________________________ _____-

???  ???  ???

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
WTF!?!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
WTF!?!

You guys wonder where I get my views from.  How about living around this type of craziness your whole life? 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
You guys wonder where I get my views from.  How about living around this type of craziness your whole life? 

But I thought you were living int the better section of the Bronx 3...Hahahahahaahahahaah
C

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Updated: Sun., Oct. 17, 2010, 12:42 PM  
Bronx man buries longtime love on top of wife
By HEATHER HADDON
www.nypost.com

Last Updated: 12:42 PM, October 17, 2010

________________________ ________________________ _

It's big love -- six feet under.

Santos Ellin, 67, has buried his love of 18 years, Maria Acevedo, in the same Bronx grave as his wife, Lucy Ellin. Now the packed plot has sparked a family feud, with two sets of children arguing over the gravestone, the inscription and whether the two should be buried together at all.

"This has caused much strife and bad blood between the families," Maria's daughter Maribel Miranda, 43, wrote in a court petition earlier this month. She asked the court for permission to have her mother's casket exhumed and buried elsewhere in the same Castle Hill graveyard.

The problems started two years ago, when 61-year-old Maria succumbed to cancer and diabetes. Ellin said he buried his longtime partner in the plot he owns at St. Raymond's Cemetery -- you can put up to three bodies in the same grave -- because her children didn't have money to bury her themselves.

BODIES PILE UP IN LITTLE ITALY UNDERTAKER WAR

"I put [Maria] there because she was my partner, my wife, my friend, my everything," Ellin said in his Bronx apartment lined with guitars and memorabilia from Puerto Rico. "I didn't want to move her."

Maria's death sent her five Bronx children into a terrible state of grief, Ellin said. He offered $1,000 for funeral-home service and space in the $4,600 grave, letting them know that his first wife of 20 years was resting there, he said.

"I don't regret it," said Ellin, who met Maria at a Bronx salsa club, with the pair going on to win dance contests. "I did love her very much."

Maria's daughter Miranda said she was "emotionally distraught" when she agreed to have her mother buried there and had been on medication that confused her.

The move also didn't sit well with the two adult children of Santos and Lucy, who didn't want Maria immortalized on the same gravestone. Maria's children instead have had to pray to a laminated photograph posted in the ground and have tried to compensate by adding plastic flowers and an "I love you beloved mother" sticker.

"It's hard," said Julio Miranda, 35, Maria's youngest child. "We are still dealing with my mom's death."

Santos' wife, Lucy, died, also from cancer, in 1980, when she was only 37. She had told him on her deathbed that he should find someone else.

Ellin added that it breaks his heart to have Maria uprooted from her eternal sleep, but he won't oppose the court petition.

Maria's children have since raised thousands of dollars to move their mom to a new plot they have picked in the same 180-acre cemetery. A judge has yet to respond to the request, but the petition was stamped "urgent."

Impressive mustache....
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
But I thought you were living int the better section of the Bronx 3...Hahahahahaahahahaah

The Bronx is wierd like that.  Three blocks in any direction you get a whole different set of circumstances. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Impressive mustache....

The guy kinda looks like James Edward Olmos
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The guy kinda looks like James Edward Olmos

Word to wise - buy your plot ahead of time if you can afford to so you don't get plopped on top of someone else.   Ha ha ha.