Author Topic: Real George Patton speech.  (Read 4550 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Real George Patton speech.
« on: October 19, 2010, 05:02:29 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Real George Patton speech.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 05:11:09 AM »
Doesnt Trump facially look like Patton a bit? 

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 01:16:29 PM »

What a man....

I'd like to see how quickly he would clean up our mess in Iraq!
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 01:18:48 PM »
What a man....

Patton is my favorite historical figure of all time.  I have read DOZENS of books on the man and his speeches on film are very rare.   His early life was more interesting to me than his exploits in WW2. 

He was and will always be the real GSP!   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 01:19:43 PM »
What a man....

Our pussified, PC society would've crucified him after he did what was needed to be done to have us out of there within a year.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
Churchill and Patton are my two favorites of the modern era.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 01:25:19 PM »
Most people are completely unaware of his early life and the many set backs he had before getting to where he did.   He had a learning disability and failed out of West Point his first year.  He went to VMI for a year and then went back to West Point. 

He came from a lineage of war heroes going all the way back to the Revolutionary War, through the Civil War, etc. 

He was actually in the olympics on year and got 5th in the Pentathlon.  The only reason he got 5th was because one of hisd shots in the pistol comp could not be traced and they thought it went through the same hole twice! 

He also took out the trash at the Mexi Border  and was shot during WW1. 

Patton - sadly - would be crucified by the liberal communist left today.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 01:26:58 PM »
Just remember - Obama took Churchills' bust out of the WH as first act as POTUS. 

FUBO!   

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 01:27:52 PM »
Churchill was a genius and a century ahead of his time.

Winston Churchill On Islam

A quote from an 1899 book by Winston Churchill, "The River War", in which he describes Muslims he apparently observed during Kitchener's campaign in the Sudan

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen; all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »
Churchill and Patton are my two favorites of the modern era.

William T Sherman is my fav

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 01:29:01 PM »
Our pussified, PC society would've crucified him after he did what was needed to be done to have us out of there within a year.

yep,

he reminds me of my dear grandfather, a world war hero.

i'm not ashamed to say that I love these guys!
TEAM LAURA LEE!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 01:29:20 PM »
Just remember - Obama took Churchills' bust out of the WH as first act as POTUS. 

FUBO!   

I guess he read Winston's completly accurate view of islam...... 8)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 01:30:25 PM »
yep,

he reminds me of my dear grandfather, a world war hero.

i'm not ashamed to say that I love these guys!

I read a book about GSP in a shoot out on the mexi border with Pancho Villa's men.  He killed two of them with a 6 shooter and tied them to his hood and delivered them, tied on the hood of the car - to black jack pershing. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 01:32:14 PM »
I read a book about GSP in a shoot out on the mexi border with Pancho Villa's men.  He killed two of them with a 6 shooter and tied them to his hood and delivered them, tied on the hood of the car - to black jack pershing. 

GSP has a good G&P game...Good striker too

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 01:35:14 PM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 01:36:35 PM »

Black Jack was another one who understood how to deal with muslims.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 01:40:14 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 01:43:05 PM »
Bad Ass. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 01:46:35 PM »
Black Jack was another one who understood how to deal with muslims.

Pershing was the man.  Another great hero. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 01:52:05 PM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 01:58:11 PM »
It is SICKENING to think of how they would be treated today by the media.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 02:00:42 PM »
It is SICKENING to think of how they would be treated today by the media.

Yup  -  this was when men were really men and knew how to get the job done and what it took. 

Now we have Nancy pelosi, boxer - etc.   

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 02:01:42 PM »
Yup  -  this was when men were really men and knew how to get the job done and what it took. 

Now we have Nancy pelosi, boxer - etc.   

Patton would've shot Boxer on the spot. Treasonous scum.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 02:05:36 PM »
BIOGRAPHY OF GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

________________________ _______

One of the most complicated military men of all time, General George Smith Patton, Jr. was born November 11, 1885 in San Gabriel, California. He was known for carrying pistols with ivory handles and his intemperate manner, and is regarded as one of the most successful United States field commanders of any war. He continually strove to train his troops to the highest standard of excellence.

Patton decided during childhood that his goal in life was to become a hero. His ancestors had fought in the Revolutionary War, the Mexican War and the Civil War, and he grew up listening to stories of their brave and successful endeavors. He attended the Virginia Military Institute for one year and went on to graduate from the United States Military Academy at West Point on June 11, 1909. He was then commissioned a Second Lieutenant in the 15th cavalry Regiment.

Patton married Beatrice Ayer, whom he dated while at West Point, on May 26, 1910. In 1912 he represented the United States at the Stockholm Olympics in the first Modern Pentathlon. Originally open only to military officers, it was considered a rigorous test of the skills a soldier should possess. Twenty-six year old Patton did remarkably well in the multi-event sport, consisting of pistol shooting from 25 meters, sword fencing, a 300 meter free style swim, 800 meters horse back riding and a 4-kilometer cross country run. He placed fifth overall, despite a disappointing development in the shooting portion. While most chose .22 revolvers, Patton felt the event's military roots garnered a more appropriate weapon, the .38. During the competition Patton was docked for missing the target, though he contended the lost bullet had simply passed through a large opening created by previous rounds from the .38, which left considerably larger holes.

After the Olympics, Patton kept busy taking lessons at the French cavalry School and studying French sword drills. In the summer of 1913, Patton received orders to report to the commandant of the Mounted Service School in Fort Riley, Kansas, where he became the school's first Master of the Sword. He designed and taught a course in swordsmanship while he was a student at the school.

Patton's first real exposure to battle occurred when he served as a member of legendary General John J. Pershing's staff during the expedition to Mexico. In 1915, Patton was sent to Fort Bliss along the Mexican border where he led routine cavalry patrols. A year later, he accompanied Pershing as an aide on his expedition against Francisco "Pancho" Villa into Mexico. Patton gained recognition from the press for his attacks on several of Villa's men.

Impressed by Patton's determination, Pershing promoted him to Captain and asked him to command his Headquarters Troop upon their return from Mexico. With the onset of World War I in 1914, tanks were not being widely used. In 1917, however, Patton became the first member of the newly established United States Tank Corps, where he served until the Corps were abolished in 1920. He took full command of the Corps, directing ideas, procedures and even the design of their uniforms. Along with the British tankers, he and his men achieved victory at Cambrai, France, during the world's first major tank battle in 1917.

Using his first-hand knowledge of tanks, Patton organized the American tank school in Bourg, France and trained the first 500 American tankers. He had 345 tanks by the time he took the brigade into the Meuse-Argonne Operation in September 1918. When they entered into battle, Patton had worked out a plan where he could be in the front lines maintaining communications with his rear command post by means of pigeons and a group of runners. Patton continually exposed himself to gunfire and was shot once in the leg while he was directing the tanks. His actions during that battle earned him the Distinguished Service Cross for Heroism, one of the many medals he would collect during his lifetime.

An outspoken advocate for tanks, Patton saw them as the future of modern combat. Congress, however, was not willing to appropriate funds to build a large armored force. Even so, Patton studied, wrote extensively and carried out experiments to improve radio communications between tanks. He also helped invent the co-axial tank mount for cannons and machine guns.

After WWI, Patton held a variety of staff jobs in Hawaii and Washington, D.C. He graduated from the Command and General Staff School in 1924, and completed his military schooling as a distinguished graduate of the Army War College in 1932.

When the German Blitzkrieg began on Europe, Patton finally convinced Congress that the United States needed a more powerful armored striking force. With the formation of the Armored Force in 1940, he was transferred to the Second Armored Division at Fort Benning, Georgia and named Commanding General on April 11, 1941. Two months later, Patton appeared on the cover of Life magazine. Also during this time, Patton began giving his famous "Blood and Guts" speeches in an amphitheater he had built to accommodate the entire division.

The United States officially entered World War II in December 1941, after the attack on Pearl Harbor. By November 8, 1942, Patton was commanding the Western Task Force, the only all-American force landing for Operation Torch, the Allied invasion of North Africa. After succeeding there, Patton commanded the Seventh Army during the invasion of Sicily in July 1943, and in conjunction with the British Eighth Army restored Sicily to its citizens.

Patton commanded the Seventh Army until 1944, when he was given command of the Third Army in France. Patton and his troops dashed across Europe after the battle of Normandy and exploited German weaknesses with great success, covering the 600 miles across France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria and Czechoslovakia. When the Third Army liberated the Buchenwald concentration camp, Patton slowed his pace. He instituted a policy, later adopted by other commanders, of making local German civilians tour the camps. By the time WWII was over, the Third Army had liberated or conquered 81,522 square miles of territory.

In October 1945, Patton assumed command of the Fifteenth Army in American-occupied Germany. On December 9, he suffered injuries as the result of an automobile accident. He died 12 days later, on December 21, 1945 and is buried among the soldiers who died in the Battle of the Bulge in Hamm, Luxembourg.

Remembered for his fierce determination and ability to lead soldiers, Patton is now considered one of the greatest military figures in history. The 1970 film, "Patton," starring George C. Scott in the title role, provoked renewed interest in Patton. The movie won seven Academy Awards, including Best Actor and Best Picture, and immortalized General George Smith Patton, Jr. as one of the world's most intriguing military men.

________________________ ________________________ ______

Bad ass MOFO!