Author Topic: New N.Y.S. Political Party - "The Rent is Too Damn High Party" HA HA (UPDATE)  (Read 4219 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: New N.Y.S. Political Party - "The Rent is Too Damn High Party" HA HA HA
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 12:27:52 PM »
I'm not kidding - this duo would be a formidable force. 

See Mal - i know you have a certain image of me based upon my hatred of Obama, but you really don't know me as a person. 

I saw this guy on the TV last night and immediately liked him.   I might even vote for him, but still probably will go for paladino based upon the same reasons.  Paladino is a street guy at heart, as is Rent is Too high Guy, and that is who I like. 

Obama is not a street guy - he is an ivory tower elitist snob and that is why i detest him.     

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »
it gets better
http://www.rentistoodamnhigh.org/

i didnt make this up

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 12:35:27 PM »
Add him to the list of people I will vote for in 2012 over the present incumbent.   ;D

BTW - he is right!   The cost of living is destroying the ability for businesses to turn a profit, young people to get from out under crippling debt, etc etc. 

i don't know what his policvy solutions are, but he is identifying a huge issue.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 12:35:35 PM »
how is this not awesome

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 12:37:56 PM »
notice...the similarities in the 2...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »
oh shit...ebm just got a sponser

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 12:41:16 PM »
notice...the similarities in the 2...

2 Men who have endured a ton of shit over their life and probably never imaginared at 65 they would be in this situation. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 07:22:35 PM »
Bump

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 05:54:21 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 05:56:23 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 10:01:35 AM »
 ;D

________________________ ________

Rent Is Too Damn High Candidate Doesn't Pay Rent
Updated 11:43 AM EDT, Wed, Oct 20, 2010

Your rent may be too damn high, but Jimmy McMillan's sure isn't.

The Vietnam vet stole the spotlight at the gubernatorial sideshow debate earlier this week, bellowing his campaign platform and party banner, "The rent is too damn high."

But McMillan's indignant pontification doesn't appear to stem from personal experience. As it turns out, he doesn't pay rent at all -- and hasn't done so since the 1980s, according to a published report.

McMillan missed payments on his $800-a-month one-bedroom apartment in Flatbush and his landlord allowed him to live rent free in exchange for maintenance work, reports The New York Times.

The 64-year-old retired postal worker dismissed questions about whether his own affordable situation cheapened his platform.

"It's not about my rent. It's not about me," McMillan told the Post, noting that rents have gone up steadily virtually everywhere else. "What about the children's future? Where will they stay?"

While the rent may not be all about him, the Internet's been flooded with McMillan buzz since his performance in the bizarre debate. He's a top search phrase on Yahoo.com and his mayoral campaign video from 2009 was the most played video on NBCNewYork on Tuesday (see above).

Along with the comedy, however, controversy has marked McMillan's campaign efforts over the years. He's been accused of posting anti-Semitic rhetoric on his website that blames Jewish landlords for the lack of affordable housing in Williamsburg.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 10:11:57 AM »
Damn it Jimmy

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 10:12:55 AM »
Damn it Jimmy

i still might vote for him.   ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2010, 10:14:37 AM »
i still might vote for him.   ;D

as he said..its not about him...everyones rent is too damn high..just because his isnt dosent mean it isnt for everyone else

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2010, 10:16:37 AM »
as he said..its not about him...everyones rent is too damn high..just because his isnt dosent mean it isnt for everyone else

I agree - the cost of living overall, as well as the cost of doing business in general, is too high for us to have a stable and growing economy and standard of living.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Jimmy 'Rent Is Too Damn High!' McMillan is a Tea Party Icon
Daily Caller ^ | 10/21/2010 | John R. Guardiano

“The leader of the ‘Rent Is Too Damn High’ Party might have a scandal already,” declared Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren last night. “Guess what he pays for rent. Stay tuned.”

It turns out that Jimmy McMillan has lived for at least the past decade rent free.

“‘We’re like family,’ Mr. McMillan said of his landlords. ‘They don’t want me to pay any money at all. I am basically living rent free,’” he told the New York Times.

Mr. McMillan said that he moved into his apartment, a one-bedroom on Nostrand Avenue in Flatbush, Brooklyn, in the early 1980s, but soon fell behind on rent when he left his job in the Postal Service on disability.

The landlady, Mr. McMillan said, admired his Vietnam War service and forgave the back rent and, eventually, the future rent, too. In exchange, he did maintenance work, and after she died in 2003, her heirs continued the tradition.

OK, so what exactly is the “scandal”? Answer: there is none! Because whether Mr. McMillan realizes it or not, “The rent is too damn high” is not meant to be taken literally, or only literally. It is, rather, a metaphor for life. And, as such, it captures a larger-scale truth that transcends its literal meaning.

Indeed, “the rent is too damn high” is a pithy, shorthand way of saying: “The price is too high; the burden too great; the imposition too much.” It’s a way of expressing frustration with what McMillan rightly calls “politics as usual.”

It’s a way for we the people to register our dissatisfaction with political gamesmanship and partisanship. It’s a way of saying, “Enough! The rent is too damn high!”

It’s too high for the bailouts and the out-of-control-spending, and the heavy hand of...

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

James "Jimmy" McMillan is a karate expert, martial arts instructor, former postal worker, Vietnam War hero, former stripper, kickboxer, and political activist from Brooklyn, New York;

hahahahahaha

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
James "Jimmy" McMillan is a karate expert, martial arts instructor, former postal worker, Vietnam War hero, former stripper, kickboxer, and political activist from Brooklyn, New York;

hahahahahaha

Thats probably where he came up with that glove idea.   ;D