Author Topic: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011  (Read 97626 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Women's Pro BB to be renamed Female Physique and shows to add more Bikini
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2010, 05:09:23 PM »
I know, I know. But it made me really sad to read that.

I chose not to compete because I wasn't prepared to take any drugs. I don't even take aspirin for a headache. I loved working out and folks at the gym were pushing me to take it to the next level but I knew it wasnt for me. Still love looking at the big girls though.  No homo.

;D

Well then you represent the exact demographics were appealing to...

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 05:13:22 PM »

???   she just said that  she doesn't want to use drugs .

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 05:20:27 PM »
???   she just said that  she doesn't want to use drugs .

right...

If if a girl enjoys competing, doesnt want to look to muscular,take drugs,  then the new WPD is made for them.

Am I missing something here?

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 05:27:02 PM »

Yeah, no drugs. And I love looking at the big girls. They are works of art to me, but the price they pay for exploring the extremes of muscle are there to be seen. Real life and in your face.

I'm more likely to follow them than a new brand of women I could probably see everyday down at the beach.

But I am in the minority, I know.

I cried for weeks when they cast that boring blonde as the Terminator. I wanted Joanie Laurer, but the bean counters strike again.

--------------------------------------------------------

And yeah to Che's comments. Those girls are taking all manner of "supplements." I put the day I realised how many drugs are in the sport and among athletes in general, right up there with Santa doesn't exist and there is no Easter bunny.  :'(

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

MB

• Getbig IV
Re: New Women's Physique Division
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 05:30:55 PM »
Since there will no longer be women's BB, will Iris be allowed to cross over to the men's 202?  I think it's a shame that her sport is dissolving while she is in the midst of an unbelievable career. 

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 05:34:44 PM »
Since there will no longer be women's BB, will Iris be allowed to cross over to the men's 202?  I think it's a shame that her sport is dissolving while she is in the midst of an unbelievable career. 

Preach.

These girls work hard. They lift heavy and push it to the max. It was very tempting when I hit the wall. Take a bit of this and you can blow your heaviest lift through the roof................. 

:(
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 05:35:13 PM »

LOL..should be

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2010, 05:37:11 PM »
LOL..should be

iris  ???

what about debbie?  i'd be her schmoe-daddy in a minute.

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2010, 05:40:06 PM »

They should have synchronized posing.

Olympia calibre male BB and an Olympia female BB. Extra trophy and prize money for the winner. The girls will have the only setting they make sense in and it would be aesthetically sound.

8)

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2010, 05:45:33 PM »
right...

If if a girl enjoys competing, doesnt want to look to muscular,take drugs,  then the new WPD is made for them.

90% of the girls that compete in the olympia (figure )are taking drugs.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2010, 05:49:58 PM »

Yes, you are if you dont see any difference betwen Iris and Sonia Gonzalez ans Adeala and Erin...

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2010, 06:12:40 PM »
Yes, you are if you dont see any difference betwen Iris and Sonia Gonzalez ans Adeala and Erin...

I know you are not that retarded .

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2010, 06:12:48 PM »

Difference is amount of drugs. ;)

newmom

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2010, 06:23:16 PM »

I'd bet dollars to donuts some of bikini girls are running a tad bit of anavar. I'm not excluding t3 or clen either, but that's obvious

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2010, 06:28:06 PM »
I'd bet dollars to donuts some of bikini girls are running a tad bit of anavar. I'm not excluding t3 or clen either, but that's obvious
I know but according to Chick if  they don't look like Yaxeni or Iris  they are natural.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »
I know but according to Chick if  they don't look like Yaxeni or Iris  they are natural.

Looks like you've missed the point entirely....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2010, 07:10:48 PM »
No, there will always be the Olympia title...it just may have a different look in the future

People were saying that about 5 years ago. The women were supposed to be softer. That's the year Yaxeni Garcia won it. Then, the next year she comes in less defined and even softer and she get clobbered, with Iris Kyle (who, minus the hairdo and implants, looks like a men's NPC middleweight competitor) wins the show.

The easiest way to change the look is to place Kyle DEAD LAST.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »
I just gave you the official word, I;m the one who wrote it up.  I'm posting on the subject as it's been brought up, as to make sure the crrect info is getting out to the public....rules and regs will be out shortly
I didn't know the details of female physique deal, only the new male physique class. Thanks for the news.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2010, 07:25:19 PM »

If (and this is a big IF), another organization devoted to hardcore BB comes in, the NPC/IFBB could go the way of the old AAU physique. The NPC caught on quickly 30 yrs ago because it was ONLY  for bodybuilding, run by bodybuilders.

The NPC/IFBB has lost all media share on TV and remains viable only due to the family and friends that come to watch loved ones compete.

The men are still doing fine but if a asavy promoter steps in with some bucks and a passion for hardcore BB, all the woman and many of the men would jump ship. The big question is this:  Can the NPC/IFBB survive without a viable division of good male bodybuilders? Will more fans turn out and support a contest that will be mostly figure and bathing suit bodies ( male and female).

I tend to be the odd man out, but have NO intention of going to any more IFBB or NPC shows with the new format .

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2010, 07:31:35 PM »
If (and this is a big IF), another organization devoted to hardcore BB comes in, the NPC/IFBB could go the way of the old AAU physique.
The NPC caught on quickly 30 yrs ago because it was ONLY  for bodybuilding , run by bodybuilders.
The NPC/IFBB has lost all media share on TV and remains viable only due to the family and friends that come to watch loved ones compete.

The men are still doing fine but if a asavy promoter steps in with some bucks and a passion for hardcore BB, all the woman and many of the men would jump ship. The big question is this:  Can the NPC/IFBB survive without a viable division of good male bodybuilders?
Will more fans turn out and support a contes that will be mostly figure and bathing suit bodies ( male and female).

I tend to be the odd man out, but have NO intenetion of going to any more IFBB or NPC shows with the new format .

Lost me there bro....

The "hardcore" mkt is a nitche of a nitche...and hardly viable to sustain.  No one is jumping ship for any reason...NPC is the only road to the pro's, no other organization is even on the map in comparison...

People support what they have an interest in, I'm not sure why you're so bent out of shape over it...watch what you want to watch.

Why would your passion for BB be compromised by adding other divisions?  The BB remains unchanged...not like any rules have been set to change the BB competition...

Mens BB is still mens BB...no different than last year, 5 years ago, or 40 years ago..

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »
Lost me there bro....  The "hardcore" mkt is a nitche of a nitche...and hardly viable to sustain.  No one is jumping ship for any reason...NPC is the only road to the pro's, no other organization is even on the map in comparison...
People support what they have an interest in, I'm not sure why you're so bent out of shape over it...watch what you want to watch. Why would your passion for BB be compromised by adding other divisions?  The BB remains unchanged...not like any rules have been set to change the BB competition... Mens BB is still mens BB...no different than last year, 5 years ago, or 40 years ago..

I see your pt and maybe you are right. I am a bit puzzled why this bugs me so much, but it doesn't seem "right" to me, just a gut feeling I guess. I just can't help feeling the ideals of real bodybuilding are being sold out to keep an organization making $$$.

But seriously there Bob, think back to why you wanted to be a BODYBUILDER years ago. Now look at the direction of the NPC and tell me that would appeal to a young Bob Chick wanting to be Mr Olympia.  ;)

I really am a hardcore old school bodybuilder there Bob and love the sport and like you, know its' history.  When you can't call what the woman do "BODYBUILING" something is wrong. Oh well, that is my rant and a sincere THANKS to you for giving this some debate .

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2010, 07:49:59 PM »
I see your pt and maybe you are right. I am a bit puzzled why this bugs me so much, but it doesn't seem "right" to me, just a gut feeling I guess.
I just can't help feeling the ideals of real bodybuilding are being sold out to keep an organization making $$$.
But seriously there Bob, think back to why you wanted to be a BODYBUILDER years ago. Now look at the direction of the NPC and tell me that would appeal to a young Bob Chick wanting to be Mr Olympia.  ;)
I really am a hardcore old school bodybuilder there Bob and love the sport and like you, know its' history.
When you can't call what the woman do "BODYBUILING" something is wrong.
Oh well, that is my rant and a sincere THANKS to you for giving this some debate .

I wouldnt have cared about any other division, as being Mr Olympia was what I wanted to be...the other stuff wouldnt have affected me one way or another.

When you call what the women do-"bodybuilding"... something is wrong... thus the need for change
The ideals of BB havent been compromised...at all.  Like you my friend, I too with the numbers of hardcore BBers were going up at record pace....but thats not reality. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
I wouldnt have cared about any other division, as being Mr Olympia was what I wanted to be...the other stuff wouldnt have affected me one way or another.  When you call what the women do-"bodybuilding"... something is wrong... thus the need for change. The ideals of BB havent been compromised...at all.  Like you my friend, I too with the numbers of hardcore BBers were going up at record pace....but thats not reality.  

Thanks again for the thoughtful reply. I already know I have no interest in judging NPC any longer with all the new NON bodybuilding divisions. You are 100% correct, that change in life is the one constant. Oh well, maybe the sport has left me or vice versa.

LOL< all I do know is that I am a huge hockey fan ( again) and been a season ticket holder with the Atl Thrashers (NHL) for the past 2 years. Bodybuilding was a fun and a memorable part of my life, my heart says it is time to move on at this point. Thanks again Bob, you are one of the few decent people in the sport.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2010, 08:08:34 PM »

Why would your passion for BB be compromised by adding other divisions?  The BB remains unchanged...not like any rules have been set to change the BB competition...

Mens BB is still mens BB...no different than last year, 5 years ago, or 40 years ago..

We all know that promoters have a propensity for combining men's and women's shows to boost ticket sales.  You are going to have to sit through fitness, figure, bikini, WPD, & MPD at some point if you now want to attend a bodybuilding show.  I think that's Howard's issue.  And it's a valid one because 80% of the show is now non-bodybuilding.  It's annoying.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2010, 08:45:46 PM »
We all know that promoters have a propensity for combining men's and women's shows to boost ticket sales.  You are going to have to sit through fitness, figure, bikini, WPD, & MPD at some point if you now want to attend a bodybuilding show.  I think that's Howard's issue.  And it's a valid one because 80% of the show is now non-bodybuilding.  It's annoying.
Exactly! Thanks for summing it up so well.