Author Topic: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011  (Read 97460 times)

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011
« on: October 19, 2010, 10:37:15 AM »
At the NPC Nationals in Atlanta, the rumor was said to be true, that in 2 years Pro BB for women will be elimintaed or downsized even more to allow more room for the money generating Bikini contests to compliment the Figure and Fitness. Pro female BB will be known as Female Physique competitions and those who are active in Figure will have some rule changes for how they pose.

Bob, anything that you are able to add to this at this time?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
and no one sees a problem with one guy controlling and using a non-profit like the npc as his  own personal candy store vs a REAL committee.

MB

• Getbig IV
Is this bodybuilding's way of being politically correct?  The NPC & IFBB are selling out for mainstream appeal.  We could see a rival federation that puts the focus back on bodybuilding.  

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Is this bodybuilding's way of being politically correct?  The NPC & IFBB are selling out for mainstream appeal.  We could see a rival federation that puts the focus back on bodybuilding.  

Nah, its not for mainstream appeal, its to get more competitors, which equals more cash in their pocket.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
You're a little off on the title and on why its being done...here are some facts

Yes, there is a new division that will be put in place, it's called "WOMENS PHYSIQUE DIVISION"

It will not replacing WBB, it's a whole different division

They will not wear heels

WBB has phased itself out with numbers dwindling to the point that we can no longer justify it

This new division has NOTHING to do with any of the others in terms of any rule changes as you mentioned, there will be no changes to Figure, bikini.

The WPD will run much like a FBB competition except for a few things...the girls will do quarter turns, mandatories, routine...difference will be the poses will be restructured to be more feminine and the physiques will resemble more of the physiques of WBB in the early to mid 80's...

Initially, there will be only one class...as numbers grow, so will the class sizes/ structure

Figure girls that are too hard for figure would fit in , as would the same for Fitness...FBB would have to scale it WAY down to even have a chance of fitting into the criteria.  This will not resemble FBB by any stretch as to what it is today.

Hope this clarifies any questions that may come up....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V

LOL

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
You're a little off on the title and on why its being done...here are some facts

Yes, there is a new division that will be put in place, it's called "WOMENS PHYSIQUE DIVISION"

They will not wear heels

WBB has phased itself out with numbers dwindling to the point that we can no longer justify it

This new division has NOTHING to do with any of the others in terms of any rule changes as you mentioned, there will be no changes to Figure, bikini.

The WPD will run much like a FBB competition except for a few things...the girls will do quarter turns, mandatories, routine...difference will be the poses will be restructured to be more feminine and the physiques will resemble more of the physiques of WBB in the early to mid 80's...

Initially, there will be only one class...as numbers grow, so will the class sizes/ structure

Figure girls that are too hard for figure would fit in , as would the same for Fitness...FBB would have to scale it WAY down to even have a chance of fitting into the criteria.  This will not resemble FBB by any stretch as to what it is today.

Many thanks for the clear (and factual) explanation. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
At the NPC Nationals in Atlanta, the rumor was said to be true, that in 2 years Pro BB for women will be elimintaed or downsized even more to allow more room for the money generating Bikini contests to compliment the Figure and Fitness. Pro female BB will be known as Female Physique competitions and those who are active in Figure will have some rule changes for how they pose. Bob, anything that you are able to add to this at this time?

Here is the official word from talking with other judges I have known for many years.

1. The NPC will add a new male division called male physique. They will wear board short style bathing suits and the legs won't be judged much. The ideal look will be a beach body , male fitness model type. they may also add a female physique deal similar to what the men will do.

2. The number one entrants in bikini and figur6e (new males and current female ) will grow with the new class. This will make the NPC over 80% figure, bikini and a low % bodybuilding.

3. They have no  plans to drop female bodybuilding. They want more entrants in any divsion which =more $$
The NPC is now a figure and bikini bathing suit organization that includes bodybuilding. I am done at this point with the NPC and refuse to judge dudes in board shorts.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

They will not wear heels

Does that mean there's no more Ms. Olympia?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bob, like me you know that the NPC started becuase the AAU physique , that ran the state and Mr America titles had other interests like wt lifting When I first joined the NPC, 30 yrs ago, it was a bodybuilding organization had its' only focus on BODYBUILING. This appealed to me , you and many others who love the sport.

The NPC has now become a figure, bathing suit organization that includes bodybuilding. The numbers and time / focus on stage show it is at least 2/3 figure/bikini and only 1/3 bodybuilding.

With the new classes it will be well over 80% NON bodybuilding. I am done at this point, sorry, but I refuse to judge dudes in board shorts.

They will not wear heels

Figure girls that are too hard for figure would fit in , as would the same for Fitness...FBB would have to scale it WAY down to even have a chance of fitting into the criteria.  This will not resemble FBB by any stretch as to what it is today.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Women's Pro BB to be renamed Female Physique and shows to add more Bikini
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 01:10:37 PM »
It also seems the fitness shows are dwindling. Could it be that good-looking girls who can launch themselves into orbit and twist themselves in knots are dominating over gorgeous girls with two left feet?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 01:11:50 PM »
I am done at this point, sorry, but I refuse to judge dudes in board shorts.

But you had no problem with dudes in speedos?  :-\

Good to see ya in ATL howie, which woman was that with you? I can't keep track of your pimping ways.
Elevate Your Image.™

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 01:16:11 PM »
But you had no problem with dudes in speedos?  :-\ Good to see ya in ATL howie, which woman was that with you? I can't keep track of your pimping ways.

That was a guys wife I know who was in the super Hvy wt.  I want to see bodybuilding at a bodybuilding contest.
If I buy a ticket for an NHL hockey game I don't want to see 3 hrs of Disney On Ice before they drop the puck. ;)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 01:24:42 PM »
Does that mean there's no more Ms. Olympia?

No, there will always be the Olympia title...it just may have a different look in the future

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 01:26:08 PM »
Here is the official word from talking with other judges I have known for many years.

1. The NPC will add a new male division called male physique. They will wear board short style bathing suits and the legs won't be judged much. The ideal look will be a beach body , male fitness model type. they may also add a female physique deal similar to what the men will do. 2. The number oe entrants in bikini and figure ( new males and current female ) will grow with the new class. This will make the NPC over 80% figure, bikini and a low % bodybuilding.
3. They have no  plans to drop female bodybuilding. They want more entrants in any divsion which =more $$
The NPC s now a figure and bikini bathing suit organization that includes bodybuilding. I am done at this point with the NPC and refuse to judge dudes in board shorts.

I just gave you the official word, I'm the one who wrote it up.  I'm posting on the subject as it's been brought up, as to make sure the correct info is getting out to the public.... rules and regs will be out shortly

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 01:55:21 PM »
so in the future erin stern becomes ms olympia because she definitely isnt figure with hips straight up and down.

ms olympia

ms figure

cheryl brown is what figure should be

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 01:59:05 PM »
so in the future erin stern becomes ms olympia because she definitely isnt figure with hips straight up and down.

ms olympia

ms figure

cheryl brown is what figure should be

She IS ms. Olympia now...

Cheryl Brown would be an excellent girl to compete in the new WPD...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 02:00:58 PM »
I just gave you the official word, I;m the one who wrote it up.  I'm posting on the subject as it's been brought up, as to make sure the crrect info is getting out to the public....rules and regs will be out shortly

Oh, just to clarify:

Women's bodybuilding will continue to exist in addition to the new WPD? 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 02:03:03 PM »
Oh, just to clarify: Women's bodybuilding will continue to exist in addition to the new WPD?  

not necessarily... as the numbers of FBB continue to decline, the plug will have to be pulled at some point.  Womens BB has become obsolete...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 02:08:35 PM »
She IS ms. Olympia now...

Cheryl Brown would be an excellent girl to compete in the new WPD...

i know she is figure O but she should be the standard for bbing O.  so...you are saying the judges just worry about shoulders in figure? 

Womens BBing - Gone or reduced to nothing
WPD - New Womens BBing Division
Figure
Fitness
Bikini

sorry, erin fits in the WPD divison.  no way she has a FIGURE anything near cheryl brown.  it's still ALL messed up! genetically...erin is built like a tomboy vs cheryl.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 02:14:32 PM »
i know she is figure O but she should be the standard for bbing O.  so...you are saying the judges just worry about shoulders in figure? 

Womens BBing - Gone or reduced to nothing
WPD - New Womens BBing Division
Figure
Fitness
Bikini

sorry, erin fits in the WPD divison.  no way she has a FIGURE anything near cheryl brown.  it's still ALL messed up! genetically...erin is built like a tomboy vs cheryl.

I hear what you're saying,and my own personal preference is for more curves in the figure division...

I thionk you're confused....WPD will be girls who are slightly MORE muscular than Figure...it's for girls who like to train and lift weights, but look feminine.  Cheryl is WAY more muscular than the average figure girl.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 02:19:27 PM »
I hear what you're saying,and my own personal preference is for more curves in the figure division...

I thionk you're confused....WPD will be girls who are slightly MORE muscular than Figure...it's for girls who like to train and lift weights, but look feminine.  Cheryl is WAY more muscular than the average figure girl.

so...monica brant several yrs ago would have been a good fit for WPD?  i guess we'll just see.

io856

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 02:19:53 PM »
its so damn complicated to be a women who lifts weights  ::)

all in the name of revenue?

how about it was left at BODYBUILDING as in women who is BODYBUILDER, fitness for the ex-gymnasts/performers who remain gym rats and figure for the ones who dislike developing androgynous features but good muscle shape...

what does the Women's physique division competitor identify with? is she a bodybuilder?

There needs to always be a place for the women who want maximum muscle with low bodyfat aka bodybuilding...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 02:32:33 PM »
not necessarily...as the numbers of FBB continue to decline, the plug will have to be pulled at some point.  Womens BB has become obsolete...

Ok, understood.  It remains for now, but only until the participant numbers can no longer support it.  Fair enough. 

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 02:35:28 PM »
not necessarily...as the numbers of FBB continue to decline, the plug will have to be pulled at some point.  Womens BB has become obsolete...

How quickly will women's BB become obsolete?  Will there be a Ms. Olympia bodybuilding competition in 2011?  Taking the look back to the early '80s is probably a good idea, but why do you need 4 classes for women that will look essentially the same?