Author Topic: Senators that were opposed to the Stim bill......  (Read 1366 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Senators that were opposed to the Stim bill......
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 12:07:47 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 12:09:03 PM »

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 09:10:58 PM »
The stimulus was a FAILURE. Lungren, youre problem is that you seem to be thinking just for the sake of thinking, and therefore you arent thinking CLEARLY. I saw your first post in this thread and was very impressed, then I saw your later posts and I thought "WHAT THE FUCK???". Look, Los Angeles got something like $55 million in stimilus money and only created something like 55 jobs. How many millionaires do you think live in Los Angeles? That is what you call a MISALLOCATION OF RESOURCES. And that leads to more jobs being lost than created.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 05:14:29 AM »
The stimulus was a FAILURE. Lungren, youre problem is that you seem to be thinking just for the sake of thinking, and therefore you arent thinking CLEARLY. I saw your first post in this thread and was very impressed, then I saw your later posts and I thought "WHAT THE FUCK???". Look, Los Angeles got something like $55 million in stimilus money and only created something like 55 jobs. How many millionaires do you think live in Los Angeles? That is what you call a MISALLOCATION OF RESOURCES. And that leads to more jobs being lost than created.

Wrong - they got $111 Million and only "saved" 55 jobs. 

To most leftists and liberals, they simply have ZERO concept of money and debt.  They don't see the fallacy and idiocy of any of this and operate solely on emotion. 

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 09:01:32 PM »
Wrong - they got $111 Million and only "saved" 55 jobs. 

To most leftists and liberals, they simply have ZERO concept of money and debt.  They don't see the fallacy and idiocy of any of this and operate solely on emotion. 

WOW. So it was even worse than I thought. That's $2 million per job.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 09:37:53 PM »
mal if youre forced to pay for something dont you think you should take whatever it is your paying for even if you personally didnt ask for it?

common sense ya?

it was meant to stimulate the economy but the problem is mal as ive said time and time again and I believe you have agreed obama has put his liberal agenda in front of the economic welfare of this country...

you dont create incentive by giving money b/c like others have said once the money is gone the incentive is gone. You create incentive by providing a stable enviroment to help eliminate uncertainty, lowering interest rates, opening up lending to borrowers.

what has obama done you ask?

lets see create more uncertainty for businesses than any president in recent memory and that has nothing to do with the mortgage crises. Required banks to keep more capital and passed a bill without details in regards to banking and finance. How do you think that has effected lending by the banks?

interest rates are low but the thing is again there is no incentive to borrow money b/c again THE UNCERTAINTY THAT OBAMA HAS PUT INTO THE MARKET...this is why tons onf companies are sitting on a lot of capital reserves right now...b/c like ive asked you before, would you go make major purchases or make major personal financial decisions when you dont know what your tax rates will be, how much your income will be, what the economy will be like, if possible regulations were being looked at or passed in your line of business?

well why the hell would you expect businesses to do it then?

the stimulus was meant to be used in conjunction with providing incentives, instead any postive effects were negated by the idiocy or sheer arrogance of the administration...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2010, 06:19:07 AM »
WOW. So it was even worse than I thought. That's $2 million per job.

Yes!  I posted it somewhere.  Its totally nuts.