Author Topic: Why do uneducated Christians 'dispute' 'macroevolution'?  (Read 18727 times)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: Why do uneducated Christians 'dispute' 'macroevolution'?
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 12:01:26 PM »
OK while I don't really want to get into this whole debate, I hate it when this type of argument comes up. Just because something like bacteria develops a resistance to antibiotics doesn't mean it is evolution. At the end of the day it hasn't changed into another species, which is what the evolutionary theory suggests. It's still the same species of bacteria it was before. We as humans develop resistances to diseases as well, but we don't become another species when that happens.
The same with the story of the peppered moth. Just because of environmental change the numbers of the brown peppered moth increased, while the white peppered moth decreased. But both the brown peppered moth and the white peppered moth existed before, and after the environmental stress, so there was no new species created, How is this evolution?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat05.html

1. How can one species "turn into" another?

One species does not "turn into" another or several other species -- not in an instant, anyway. The evolutionary process of speciation is how one population of a species changes over time to the point where that population is distinct and can no longer interbreed with the "parent" population. In order for one population to diverge enough from another to become a new species, there needs to be something to keep the populations from mixing. Often a physical boundary divides the species into two (or more) populations and keeps them from interbreeding. If separated for long enough and presented with sufficiently varied environmental conditions, each population takes its own distinct evolutionary path. Sometimes the division between the populations is never breached, and reproductive isolation remains intact purely for geographical reasons. It is possible, though, if the populations have been separate for long enough, that even if brought back together and given the opportunity to interbreed they won't, or they won't be successful if they try.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 12:01:43 PM »
AND we should keep in mind that scientists uses the word "theory" in a DIFFERENT way then the average joe. Same as Newton theorys that ARE facts..

Yes, in science, a theory is a body of facts.
I hate the State.

spinnis

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 12:02:54 PM »
Yes, in science, a theory is a body of facts.

exactly. Most people dont know that (religious people)

buy this book decide and get back to me with what you think.

http://www.amazon.com/Food-Gods-Original-Knowledge-Evolution/dp/0553371304

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 12:03:03 PM »
Science takes brain cells to understand

Santa clause, tooth fair,  and god can be understood even by children

It also takes brain cells not to put down others for their personal beliefs when you yourself have no proof of the big bang theory or have yet to find the "missing link".

spinnis

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 12:06:41 PM »
It also takes brain cells not to put down others for their personal beliefs when you yourself have no proof of the big bang theory or have yet to find the "missing link".

So if I said I found a book, that didnt have any author and is told a RIDICULOUS story. The first 2 people on eath was zapped there from another planet and just blinked their eyes and more poeple were sent there.

You couldn't call me crazy if you believe in the bible..

adam and eve? and a fucking snake? and god created earth BEFORE light? so he couldnt see what he was doing while creating earth?? and he created light with only saying "let there be light" and baam light came? so he created the sun? because there is were light comes from? so god said "let there be light" and BAAAM the sun just popped into place?
And what did adam and eve look like? pre-historic neanderthals? and why does our dna look So much like monkeys?  were adam and eve two apes maby?
fucking ludacris haha

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 12:10:12 PM »

I believe that Leprechauns created this vast universe and i better not hear you say anything against my believes Sir

spinnis

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 12:11:15 PM »

I believe that Leprechauns created this vast universe and i better not hear you say anything against my believes Sir

that claim brings about as much proof at the "bible"

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 12:13:26 PM »

You're kidding, right?

Inflation is the prevailing theory these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_%28cosmology%29

spinnis

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 12:14:40 PM »

I wouldn't discredit the fact that aliens helped us evolve and teached us shit. the biggest mystery is still how the brain doubled in size over 2 million years. NO ONE can expain that. And Food of gods gives a interesting ideas hehe

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 12:17:38 PM »
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat05.html

1. How can one species "turn into" another?

One species does not "turn into" another or several other species -- not in an instant, anyway. The evolutionary process of speciation is how one population of a species changes over time to the point where that population is distinct and can no longer interbreed with the "parent" population. In order for one population to diverge enough from another to become a new species, there needs to be something to keep the populations from mixing. Often a physical boundary divides the species into two (or more) populations and keeps them from interbreeding. If separated for long enough and presented with sufficiently varied environmental conditions, each population takes its own distinct evolutionary path. Sometimes the division between the populations is never breached, and reproductive isolation remains intact purely for geographical reasons. It is possible, though, if the populations have been separate for long enough, that even if brought back together and given the opportunity to interbreed they won't, or they won't be successful if they try.

So basically we have to believe, or have faith, that given enough time, A species' DNA will change, even though everything we know about DNA and reproduction,seems to contradicts that happening. And the best scientific answer they can come up with for this phenomena is "it takes a long time".

spinnis

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 12:18:22 PM »
I wish I remember that Tribe it was that always carried their canoe on their back, and over time the new generation develped a  hump in their back helping with that task.

ka ching

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 12:22:06 PM »
:)

:)

Thanks for posting a link D, I will watch it when I get back.
R

spinnis

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 12:23:21 PM »
So basically we have to believe, or have faith, that given enough time, A species' DNA will change, even though everything we know about DNA and reproduction,seems to contradicts that happening. And the best scientific answer they can come up with for this phenomena is "it takes a long time".

If your tap was dripping with water and you put your hand it it, causing the water to drip on your hand, would you believe that same thing could carve MASSIVE holes in mountains? solid hard ass stone?

...unless you actually knew it Could happen.

no you wouldnt. Because ...it takes tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2010, 12:25:28 PM »

Nope.

spinnis

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2010, 12:30:06 PM »
ignorance is whats keeping us from evolving in an insanly higher rate.

and who should we thank for that?

religion.

When troubled weak minded read the bible and go ohhh, thats problably what happend,  No need to worry/think about it anymore thats when they stop looking for what Really happened. Or Real explinations to stuff. And then they FORCE it upon the new generation without letting their mind think for themself. And they do it to their kids and it goes on and on.

Luckily some people got away from that. And thank "god" for that lol.

religion is a horrible brain numbing disease

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2010, 12:32:15 PM »
I wish I remember that Tribe it was that always carried their canoe on their back, and over time the new generation develped a  hump in their back helping with that task.

ka ching

Or the Tribe that fuucked so much that their penis and vaginas evolved to manginas

spinnis

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2010, 12:33:21 PM »
Or the Tribe that fuucked so much that their penis and vaginas evolved to manginas

BULLSHIT things doesnt evolve!! "god" created EVEYRTHING and everything that happends is his will!!

Talk about the Easy way out. for the troubled mind lol.

spinnis

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2010, 12:36:40 PM »
Religious belifes Compared to IQ

http://hypnosis.home.netcom.com/iq_vs_religiosity.htm

Who do you think believe in god the most? Low iq people or high?

who do you think is easier to brainwash? smart of dumb people?

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2010, 12:37:17 PM »
If your tap was dripping with water and you put your hand it it, causing the water to drip on your hand, would you believe that same thing could carve MASSIVE holes in mountains? solid hard ass stone?

...unless you actually knew it Could happen.

no you wouldnt. Because ...it takes tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime
Wow that was actually intelligent, your ability to understand the "small" minded is quite impressive.

spinnis

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »
Wow that was actually intelligent, your ability to understand the "small" minded is quite impressive.

im the "god" of comparisions/simplefying shit  ;D

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2010, 12:39:43 PM »
im the "gnome" of comparisions  ;D
fixed

spinnis

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »
fixed

another theory is that psychedelics helps the mind tune into things that is beyond our "normal" brain activity. And is something that can be Extremly useful.

There is a type of mushroom that have helped A TON of cocaine addics, nicotine addics, due to their mind is that short span is allowed to think in a new way and they are realising wtf they are doing and stopepd doing cocaine and smoking Right away. and they didn't have the need to take the psychedelic again.

And to ignorant people its = Dude its fucking DRUGS drugs fuck you up man!!!!!

Same with weed how it makes everything better ( "its because your fucking hiigh dude you fucking addict!!" just makes walking down the street bette,r makes you appriciate what you see more, like the clouds, people, trees etc, just makes music better, and can make you come to terms with shit (if you dont smoke too much and turn into a tard lol)

I feel very good with claiming if Everyone smoked a little but, not as much as it makes you just wanna sit down. It WOULD make the world a better place.
Try smoking weed and argueing war, or thinking about how people KILL each other for just believing something different and that non of the aprties can prove  ???

how fucking silly isn't it.

"dude you're a fucking retard Everyone smoking weed haha, nothing would get done lo lol l o l ol"
"I tried that in highschool dude, I gew the fuck up!! guy drug!!"

"god" damnit the world is fucked up lol.

and to top it off, you cant even grow Hemp the "billion dollar crop" even though you cant get high from it, and there is Billions to be made from it lol.

But noooooooooooo. Fuck ALL of this shit. God created everything and everything that happends is gods will. its as easy as that.

haha

IF god created earth be put the cannabis plant on this earth right? and everything he does has a reason right?
MABY TO SMOKE THAT SHIT and stop believing in dumb ass fairytales that your average 5 yr old would call BS on lol.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2010, 01:15:57 PM »
classic GB thread ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2010, 01:17:49 PM »
classic GB thread ;D

This isn't about god(s) wavelength. This is about evolution. Will you concede that people who don't accept it are ignorant of the topic?
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2010, 01:22:19 PM »
This isn't about god(s) wavelength. This is about evolution. Will you concede that people who don't accept it are ignorant of the topic?

That always depends on if the context in which scientific theories exist is understood.
This is neither the case with creationists nor scientific positivists.