Author Topic: Why do uneducated Christians 'dispute' 'macroevolution'?  (Read 18735 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Why do uneducated Christians 'dispute' 'macroevolution'?
« on: October 20, 2010, 11:14:34 AM »
I mean, most of the time, from what I read, they don't understand have evolution works to begin with and on a more practical level, what have some of the best minds of the world been doing wasting their time on a theory that is clearly wrong (according to these Christians); they have only studied their subjects for years and have PhDs but hey, you have the Bible. End of argument.  ::)
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Why do uneducated Christians 'dispute' 'macroevolution'?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 11:16:48 AM »
I mean, most of the time, from what I read, they don't understand have evolution works to begin with and on a more practical level, what have some of the best minds of the world been doing wasting their time on a theory that is clearly wrong (according to these Christians); they have only studied their subjects for years and have PhDs but hey, you have the Bible. End of argument.  ::)

Why don't you post a link for us unedumacated ones?
R

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 11:19:58 AM »
Because the whole idea of evolution is stoooopid.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 11:20:05 AM »
Why don't you post a link for us unedumacated ones?

It would be worthless, Stella, you are a Creationist and I could argue until I was blue in the face; it would not change your stance on anything. I say of course uneducated, because I wonder what exactly you think scientists have been doing for years? Just imagining this stuff?

NB This post has nothing to do with my opinion of you as a person; I am fodn of you, as you know.  :)
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 11:24:46 AM »
It would be worthless, Stella, you are a Creationist and I could argue until I was blue in the face; it would not change your stance on anything. I say of course uneducated, because I wonder what exactly you think scientists have been doing for years? Just imagining this stuff?

Just post a link proving Macro Evolution.  Or post the proof in your own words.  I will read it.  I watched an hour video YngwieRhoads posted once. 

And as for your "uneducated" statement ......do you agree that humans are fallible beings or do you think that there are infallible people that are always correct and never make mistakes?  Humans are fallible no matter how "educated" they are.
R

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 11:26:38 AM »
Just to clarify the R.Catholic acknowledges both evolution and creationism. they co-exist.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:28:09 AM »

Maybe you can explain how evolution produced conscience and self awareness in humans.

Hint: Scientists have not come up with the answer. I doubt you are any smarter.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 11:29:38 AM »
Just post a link proving Macro Evolution.  Or post the proof in your own words.  I will read it.  I watched an hour video YngwieRhoads posted once. 

And as for your "uneducated" statement ......do you agree that humans are fallible beings or do you think that there are infallible people that are always correct and never make mistakes?  Humans are fallible no matter how "educated" they are.

Sure people are fallible and make mistakes. Science is always being updated for precisely that reason but science is based on amassing evidence to support ideas, merely proclaiming god did it answers nothing and is not supported by evidence. More to the point, if you did a PhD in evolutionary biology and still felt the need to challenge the status of evolution I think you probably would have a good reason but I am not sure you understand what evolution states and how to summarise it.

Macroevolution takes place over millions of years; the evidence is in transitional forms for example; fossils of whale like creatures found in Pakistan and India that are intermediary forms between modern whales and their ancestors.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »
Maybe you can explain how evolution produced conscience and self awareness in humans.

Hint: Scientists have not come up with the answer. I doubt you are any smarter.

How evolution produced these things? Evolution is not a conscious process, yet you speak of it as if it were.
I hate the State.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 11:31:14 AM »
Because the whole idea of evolution is stoooopid.

Then what's your opinion on bacteria?  
If you get strept throat (or anything similar), do you tell your doctor that you refuse to take newer generation antibiotics that were developed because bacteria have evolved over time, developing a resistence to first generation antibiotics?  

If evolution really is "stoooopid," then make sure you refuse any medication developed because of the evolutionary development of bacteria.  The newer medicines are much more expensive and I don't appreciate "creationists" raising my insurance costs by taking expensive medicines that they believe are completely pointless.  
Y

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 11:36:51 AM »
How evolution produced these things? Evolution is not a conscious process, yet you speak of it as if it were.
You seem very angry about something and seem to think people care what you think.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 11:38:47 AM »
Sure people are fallible and make mistakes. Science is always being updated for precisely that reason but science is based on amassing evidence to support ideas, merely proclaiming god did it answers nothing and is not supported by evidence. More to the point, if you did a PhD in evolutionary biology and still felt the need to challenge the status of evolution I think you probably would have a good reason but I am not sure you understand what evolution states and how to summarise it.

Macroevolution takes place over millions of years; the evidence is in transitional forms for example; fossils of whale like creatures found in Pakistan and India that are intermediary forms between modern whales and their ancestors.

Please tell me your definition of Macro Evolution and can you also please post a link that you think is a good explanation of proving Macro Evolution?
R

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 11:39:29 AM »
Who gives a shit?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 11:41:02 AM »
I watched an hour video YngwieRhoads posted once. 

:)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 11:44:04 AM »
Please tell me your definition of Macro Evolution and can you also please post a link that you think is a good explanation of proving Macro Evolution?

http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Show-Earth-Evidence-Evolution/dp/1416594787

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 11:46:24 AM »

You insist on using this term 'macro'. Most scientists simply call it evolution.

Evolution is the non-random process of genetic selection based on randomly generated mutations.
I hate the State.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 11:47:14 AM »
Just to clarify the R.Catholic acknowledges both evolution and creationism. they co-exist.
x2

evolution don't prove against the existance of a creator. However catholics generally ignore the first testament as it's a jew book, therefore alot of this shit is unimportant. If it wasn't said by jesus it's simply a story, if it was said by jesus and wrong it's simply a mis interpretation.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 11:51:03 AM »
Science takes brain cells to understand

Santa clause, tooth fair,  and god can be understood even by children

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 11:52:43 AM »

I am not speaking of evolution as a conscious process? Try again and read what I asked. Hint: How come our species has capacity for conscience and others don't? Evolution can not explain that. Don't act like this has not been argued before. Francis Collins, former director of the Human Genome program and a Christian, has been in many debates with atheists and scientists who refute the existense of God. When he asks this question, none can answer it? If we are just an evolved animal, how did those basic animalistic instincts give way to conscience and other attributes that we have that other "animals" don't have?

I think man is more complex than bacterium.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 11:55:05 AM »
I am not speaking of evolution as a conscious process? Try again and read what I asked. Hint: How come our species has capacity for conscience and others don't? Evolution can not explain that. Don't act like this has not been argued before. Francis Collins, former director of the Human Genome program and a Christian, has been in many debates with atheists and scientists who refute the existense of God. When he asks this question, none can answer it? If we are just an evolved animal, how did those basic animalistic instincts give way to conscience and other attributes that we have that other "animals" don't have?

well gets get scientific get a dog try to knock it out, if you can your theory might be wrong.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 11:55:52 AM »

Randomised mutation can lead to impressive results. Eventually, even the most unlikely scenario will come true, given enough time but the short of it is that we lucked out.
I hate the State.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 11:56:50 AM »
Then what's your opinion on bacteria?  
If you get strept throat (or anything similar), do you tell your doctor that you refuse to take newer generation antibiotics that were developed because bacteria have evolved over time, developing a resistence to first generation antibiotics?  

If evolution really is "stoooopid," then make sure you refuse any medication developed because of the evolutionary development of bacteria.  The newer medicines are much more expensive and I don't appreciate "creationists" raising my insurance costs by taking expensive medicines that they believe are completely pointless.  

OK while I don't really want to get into this whole debate, I hate it when this type of argument comes up. Just because something like bacteria develops a resistance to antibiotics doesn't mean it is evolution. At the end of the day it hasn't changed into another species, which is what the evolutionary theory suggests. It's still the same species of bacteria it was before. We as humans develop resistances to diseases as well, but we don't become another species when that happens.
The same with the story of the peppered moth. Just because of environmental change the numbers of the brown peppered moth increased, while the white peppered moth decreased. But both the brown peppered moth and the white peppered moth existed before, and after the environmental stress, so there was no new species created, How is this evolution?

spinnis

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 11:59:01 AM »
I wonder what our next sense will be to comunicate..

I mean first we didnt talk, we like grunted and made gestures, then we started talking and created languages etc

It has to evolve. So whats next in line? Maby the "sense" that some twins seems to have? when they feel connected, and they can seem to just Think to each other and know what they are thinking and finish each others sentences etc.

Maby they are tuning into something we havent yet, I mean alot of times you for example Know is someone is lying just by looking at them.. Thats a sense.. You can get a feeling someones not being honest. And you can sometimes Feel if soemthing bad has happened to someone...

Whats next?!

spinnis

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 12:00:41 PM »
You insist on using this term 'macro'. Most scientists simply call it evolution.

Evolution is the non-random process of genetic selection based on randomly generated mutations.

AND we should keep in mind that scientists uses the word "theory" in a DIFFERENT way then the average joe. Same as Newton theorys that ARE facts..