Author Topic: NPR Ends Juan Williams' Contract After Comments on Muslims  (Read 9831 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
NPR Ends Juan Williams' Contract After Comments on Muslims
« on: October 21, 2010, 05:00:28 AM »
NPR Ends Analyst’s Contract After Comments on Muslims (Juan Williams)
New York Times ^ | October 20, 2010

________________________ ________________________ ________________

NPR has terminated its contract with Juan Williams, one of its senior news analysts, after he made comments about Muslims on the Fox News Channel. NPR said in a statement that it gave Mr. Williams notice of his termination on Wednesday night. The move came after Mr. Williams, who is also a Fox News political analyst, appeared on the “The O’Reilly Factor” on Monday. On the show, the host, Bill O’Reilly, asked him to respond to the notion that the United States was facing a “Muslim dilemma.” Mr. O’Reilly said, “The cold truth is that in the world today jihad, aided and abetted by some Muslim nations, is the biggest threat on the planet.”

Mr. Williams said he concurred with Mr. O’Reilly.

He continued: “I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.”

Mr. Williams also made reference to the Pakistani immigrant who pleaded guilty this month to trying to plant a car bomb in Times Square. “He said the war with Muslims, America’s war is just beginning, first drop of blood. I don’t think there’s any way to get away from these facts,” Mr. Williams said.

NPR said in its statement that the remarks “were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR.”

The public radio organization said it thanked him for many years of service. Mr. Williams did not immediately respond on Wednesday night to an e-mail seeking comment...

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ________

More tolerance, open mindedness, and respect for different views from the far left.   ::)  ::)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: NPR Ends Juan Williams' Contract After Comments on Muslims
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:07:38 AM »
Good for Juan!

Even though he is a liberal, I have a lot of respect for the man because he doesn't dance around issues to avoid offending people. It looks like Muslims get more cred with the far left than the brothers these days. The fact that they would fire him over something so patently unoffensive and logical is a sad commentary on the level that the left is willing to stoop in order to satiate it's endless appetite for political correctness.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 06:12:55 AM »
Good for Juan!

Even though he is a liberal, I have a lot of respect for the man because he doesn't dance around issues to avoid offending people. It looks like Muslims get more cred with the far left than the brothers these days. The fact that they would fire him over something so patently unoffensive and logical is a sad commentary on the level that the left is willing to stoop in order to satiate it's endless appetite for political correctness.

Funny that they never attacked Jesse Jackson when he said he is more afraid of blacks than whites when he walks down the street.   ::)

And on DU and HP they are attacking Juan. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 06:17:10 AM »
Can you imagine our tax money pays for that pile of shit to be on the air/Of course,because if they had to compete ,they would go the way of Air America,CNN and MSNBC total ratings dissasters.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 06:17:55 AM »
Amazing how when someone speaks their mind, and it is was absolutely HIS opinion, he gets fired because the left loons don't agree with him.  They are just sooooo open minded.....as long as you aren't religious, are pro gay marriage, or anything else that fits their close minded view of the world.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 06:18:26 AM »
It's amazing how much the far-left hates the first amendment. They really do give a bad name to people who lean left but don't embrace their Utopian view of the world.

Apologist leftists are the first ones to probably think "terrorist" when they see a Muslim decked out in religious garb take a seat on the same plane as them.

I don't see what's bad about what he said? When Buddhist monks or Catholic priests start blowing planes out of the sky then maybe people will start looking at them oddly, too.  ::)

Amazing how when someone speaks their mind, and it is was absolutely HIS opinion, he gets fired because the left loons don't agree with him.  They are just sooooo open minded.....as long as you aren't religious Christian or Jewish, are pro gay marriage, or anything else that fits their close minded view of the world.

Fixed.  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 06:20:02 AM »
Just go look at DU, the site where Blacken, Benny, and the others get their crappola.   They are savaging Juan over this. 

The far left does not agree with the concept of free speech.  They are for speech that only says "America sucks, we are evil, racist, and bigoted, free everything all all, kill the rich"  etc etc.   

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 06:22:02 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 06:23:54 AM »
So true.....sadly.

I was watching TV last night and they had that luntz focus group discussing BOR, and some fat slob freaked out when someone agreed with BORs' statement. 

"I have met the enemy and he is us!"   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 06:29:20 AM »
Check out the trash over here.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4582174

What a classy bunch.  Talk about turning on someone just because he utilized his 1st Amend right...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 06:37:15 AM »
What a classy bunch.  Talk about turning on someone just because he utilized his 1st Amend right...

DU - a.k.a  - the DUmpster is the heart of leftism and the meeting place for the far left circus show.

This is where Blacken get 100% of his stuff.   

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 08:56:12 AM »
Good comments from everyone-- but what I can't fathom for the life of me, is how reactionary the left becomes is when it feels that it's imaginary view of the world is threatened. When it comes to ignoring human nature, stifling individualism and towing the company line, the left will actively censor its own allies and throw them under the bus.

This is the same ideology that doesn't believe blacks can be racists, allowed Robert Byrd to be honored and exalted and cherry picks who and when someone ought to be branded a racist. Racial quotas, the fairness doctrine, and on and on-- It's an endless parade of deliberate injustices and contradictions bereft of coherency except with the self congratulatory delusion that the bullshit they pull is for the betterment of humanity.

No matter what anyone says or thinks of the right, it is examples like this one that exemplify why I would never become a democrat and why I have an inherent disgust for liberals. All politicians are low life's in my opinion-- but I sleep better at night knowing which brand of lowlifes I am associated with. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 09:56:46 AM »
Here is Juan Williams' response. 

http://www.thehopeforamerica.com/play.php?id=5557

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 10:47:25 AM »
It's unbelievable that someone can lose their job over "controversial" remarks.  NPR is the one looking foolish for their overreaction.  We all feel nervous when there's a group of Arabs on our plane, but we're not suppose to talk about it because we might hurt their feelings.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 10:52:18 AM »
It's unbelievable that someone can lose their job over "controversial" remarks.  NPR is the one looking foolish for their overreaction.  We all feel nervous when there's a group of Arabs on our plane, but we're not suppose to talk about it because we might hurt their feelings.  ::)

When I am in the street or on a bus or plane I will stare one of these mofos right down no problem at all.  And yes, when i am going on the plane - my first thought is who is most likely to start shit and who i am going to attack and with what weapons, whether it be with a pen, book, food cart, etc. 

screw that shit - i will have not a seconds' hesitation with brutally attacking any dirtbag putting my ass in jeopordy.     

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 10:59:22 AM »
When I am in the street or on a bus or plane I will stare one of these mofos right down no problem at all.  And yes, when i am going on the plane - my first thought is who is most likely to start shit and who i am going to attack and with what weapons, whether it be with a pen, book, food cart, etc. 

screw that shit - i will have not a seconds' hesitation with brutally attacking any dirtbag putting my ass in jeopordy.     

Can you imagine sitting next to one?  If he flinched I would sink my thumb so far in his eye they could lift fingerprints off his retina.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 11:03:47 AM »
Can you imagine sitting next to one?  If he flinched I would sink my thumb so far in his eye they could lift fingerprints off his retina.

True - in my self defense class - we deal a lot with crap like this, throat strikes, eye gouges, etc.  I have my eyes trained on these mofos like a laser and they often know it. 

I always make sure i have a pen, broken CD, loose change, or something on me on a plane or bus or subway. 

I go to areas on the subway in NYC and trust me - you learn how to deal with this crap real quick.   

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »
True - in my self defense class - we deal a lot with crap like this, throat strikes, eye gouges, etc.  I have my eyes trained on these mofos like a laser and they often know it. 

I always make sure i have a pen, broken CD, loose change, or something on me on a plane or bus or subway. 

I go to areas on the subway in NYC and trust me - you learn how to deal with this crap real quick.   

Another great one are a set of car keys.  Just put the butt of the biggest key in the palm of your hand with the key sticking straight out of your palm.....ah, the memories of cc training with Marines....haha

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 11:17:09 AM »
Another great one are a set of car keys.  Just put the butt of the biggest key in the palm of your hand with the key sticking straight out of your palm.....ah, the memories of cc training with Marines....haha

My instructor did 2 tours in Afghanistan, 2 in Iraq, 1 in the original Gulf War, the other 30 years as a NYC Cop and detective - we get real deal stuff in our class.   

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 12:16:11 PM »
My instructor did 2 tours in Afghanistan, 2 in Iraq, 1 in the original Gulf War, the other 30 years as a NYC Cop and detective - we get real deal stuff in our class.   

Thats the way mine ended up being.  I was part of the auxillary security force in Iceland and the guys teaching us most of our stuff were combat vet marines.  They cut out so much crap. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 12:24:57 PM »
Well, well. Looks like the tentacles of the terrorist-financing, pro-Sharia jihad group CAIR are responsible for getting Williams canned. Why this group is still allowed to operate in the US is beyond me.

From Robert Spencer:

It turns out that NPR fired Williams after CAIR sent out a national press release in which CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad said this about Williams' statements: "Such irresponsible and inflammatory comments would not be tolerated if they targeted any other racial, ethnic or religious minority, and they should not pass without action by NPR."

And NPR hurried to appease this thuggish Hamas-linked group.

Everyone's favorite stomach-stapled beekeeper, Ibrahim "Honest Ibe" Hooper of CAIR, was just on Fox, defending his takedown of Williams (while denying that CAIR demanded that he be fired), playing the victim card and hectoring Meghan Kelly, demanding to know if she agreed with Williams. (Kelly stood her ground magnificently.) In the course of things he said, "Everyone is accountable for what they say."

Is that so, Ibe? So I guess you're accountable for saying this, eh? "I wouldn't want to create the impression that I wouldn't like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future."

Anyway, it's bad enough that NPR would with such alacrity do the bidding of a group like CAIR, but it's even worse that Williams' rather commonplace remarks are being represented as some terrible "demonizing" of all Muslims. He said that he gets nervous on a plane when he sees people in Muslim garb. Even though the 9/11 hijackers and others did not wear Muslim garb, there are many other Islamic jihadists who have worn it, and all of the jihadists have explained and justified their actions by reference to Islamic texts and teachings. No Islamic sect or school of jurisprudence worldwide, meanwhile, has renounced the jihad against unbelievers or the imperative to impose Sharia upon them.

Are there Muslims who are not waging jihad against unbelievers? Of course. But the unwillingness of the Islamic community in the U.S. and Europe to back up its protestations of condemnation of terror with real action to root out the jihad ideology from its ranks makes it impossible to determine whether or not any given Muslim is an Islamic supremacist, or a jihadist.

Is this to "demonize" all Muslims? Of course not. But if Honest Ibe Hooper and his ilk are really not wanting Muslims to be demonized, instead of inviting that "demonization" so they can use it to claim victim status and wring more concessions out of a compliant politically correct media establishment, they could have reacted to Juan Williams' by recognizing that if anyone gets nervous when seeing people in Muslim garb, it is the fault of the Muslims who have committed acts of violence in the name of Islam. And they could begin honest, genuine efforts to root out the jihad doctrine and Islamic supremacism from their communities.

But they don't. Now, why is that?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 12:26:16 PM »
More "free speech for me, but not for thee" 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »
FIXED News seeped to into his brain cells.  :-\

Buh-bye, Juan!
!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2010, 12:57:37 PM »
FIXED News seeped to into his brain cells.  :-\

Buh-bye, Juan!

So you disagree with what he said?  Or his right to say it?