Author Topic: Woman Drove Around With Corpse For Nearly a Year  (Read 5997 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Woman Drove Around With Corpse For Nearly a Year
« on: October 22, 2010, 09:55:20 AM »
VIDEO INSIDE
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ktla-corpse-in-car,0,835807.story

COSTA MESA (KTLA) -- Authorities say a woman drove around with a mummified corpse for about ten months before the body was discovered by police.

Officers made the gruesome discovery on Monday while responding to a report of an illegally parked car.

Police say the woman tried to cover the remains with pieces of clothing.

The car was blocking a driveway in the 2000 block of Tustin Avenue in Costa Mesa.

Officers could smell a foul odor coming from the car, and after seeing a leg underneath the clothing, broke a window to get access inside.

Inside the car, officers also found a box of baking soda that the driver used to try to dissipate the smell.

Costa Mesa police believe the body is that a transient woman in her 50's from Fountain Valley.

The driver of the car says she befriended the woman at a local park and allowed her to sleep in the car overnight.

When she found the woman had died, she continued to drive the car with the body, said Sgt. Ed Everett.

The driver told police she was afraid to contact police about the body, so she continued to drive the car.

An autopsy has revealed no obvious signs of foul play.

Officials believe the woman had been dead for as long as 10 months, Everett said.

The lack of air inside the vehicle, and weather conditions at the time of death, are believed to have contributed to partial preservation of the body.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: Woman Drove Around With Corpse For Nearly a Year
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 10:06:02 AM »
how about this story, about a mile from my in-laws:

There was "something unsettling" about the large Victorian house, neighbors said.

The lone occupant of 1216 Judson Ave., 90-year-old Margaret Bernstorff, was a private person who never invited anyone inside. The neighbors occasionally talked about what was going on behind the white and green walls.

They were shocked to learn Friday that police responding to the home had discovered the bodies of three siblings, one of whom had been dead for 30 years.

Anita Bernstorff died in May at age 98, Frank Bernstorff died in 2003 at age 83 and Elaine Bernstorff died in her 60s sometime in the late 1970s, the Chicago Tribune reported Sunday.

The bodies, two skeletons and one badly decomposed, were covered with blankets and in different rooms.

All three died of natural causes related to arterial sclerotic cardiovascular disease, a spokesman for the Cook County Medical Examiner's office said Saturday afternoon. Anita Bernstorff is still a registered voter in Cook County, according to clerk's office records.

Evanston Police Department officers discovered the bodies at 10:15 a.m. Friday, said EPD Cmdr. Tom Guenther. A senior-citizen advocate employed by the city who had counseled Margaret Bernstorff called them to the scene.

Margaret Bernstorff, whom Guenther said has been taken to a senior care facility, "neglected to report the deaths of her family members," an EPD release said. Once police were on the scene, she was lucid and cooperative, Guenther said.

She was known as a normal but private person who often tended to her garden, said neighbor Gianna Panofsky, who said she last saw the elderly woman "giving treats to the kids" on Halloween.

"We saw her going shopping," Panofsky said. "She participated in neighborhood activities."

Neighbors said the Bernstorffs had lived in the home for at least 80 years. The owner of the property, according to Cook County public records, is Frank Adolph Bernstorff.

According to a Chicago Tribune obituary, Frank A. Bernstorff, 94, lived at the home and died in 1966. The retired assistant professor of German at Northwestern was survived by his wife Lilian, who died in 1974, a son, Frank, and three daughters: Margaret Anita and Elaine.

The retired NU professor left his children with enough money to not have to work, Panofsky said.

Neighbors John Nitschke, Robert Dreeben and John McKnight said they had never talked to any of the residents at the old house. Dreeben said he'd lived in the neighborhood for 25 years.

"They were private people," he said.

Panofsky, who has lived in the house across the street for 45 years, said she hadn't seen Margaret Bernstorff's siblings for "many, many years." There was "something unsettling" about the house, she said.

The neighbors occasionally discussed the siblings' disappearances, said Panofsky, who said that in a way she "wasn't surprised" to hear about the police's discovery.

"I'm sure Margaret had nothing to do with their deaths," she said. "However gruesome, many people have done that everywhere in the world. They don't want to part with their loved ones."

Still, the area was rocked by the discovery, said Nitschke, who described the neighborhood as a group of people who "loved living in the area and loved living in Evanston."

"I don't know," he said. "I don't know all the facts. But you know, obviously, it's a tough thing. It's a sad thing. It's a surprise. But I think we all learned that we didn't know as much as we thought we knew."
Deep Tissue Massage

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 10:13:38 AM »
Body Hoarders Jezzus ... 30yr old dead body and 2 other in a room? Talk about one sided conversations with her roomates

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 10:22:31 AM »
okay...thats it... I heard it all... thanks!!!!

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 10:25:29 AM »
okay...thats it... I heard it all... thanks!!!!

lol

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 10:30:25 AM »
Body Hoarders Jezzus ... 30yr old dead body and 2 other in a room? Talk about one sided conversations with her roomates

the area of town is so nice that after the home was put up for sale, it sold after less than a week, even in these times, and with the people knowing what happened there (obviously).
Deep Tissue Massage

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 11:02:05 AM »
Stage 5 hoarders...the worst level. Ironically there was a CSI episode about that last night.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 11:08:48 AM »
Stage 5 hoarders...the worst level. Ironically there was a CSI episode about that last night.

;D

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 11:11:48 AM »
Did it look like this?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 11:13:21 AM »
the interior won't recover

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 11:23:03 AM »
strange, she smell should so so intense that she shouldnt be able to even be in the car lol

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 11:31:19 AM »
maybe the stench was so intense it was neutralised again.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 11:31:44 AM »
strange, she smell should so so intense that she shouldnt be able to even be in the car lol

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 11:34:04 AM »
i wonder if she would roll the window down for her mummy and put her mummys hand out the window when they would roll out

spinnis

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 11:35:40 AM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 11:36:26 AM »
i wonder if she would roll the window down for her mummy and put her mummys hand out the window when they would roll out
And bumping Ludacris' "Roll Out!"

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 02:28:50 PM »
Maybe she just wanted to carpool.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 02:43:33 PM »
Maybe she just wanted to carpool.

Haha

Maybe she just wanted to stay close to her mummy

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 02:46:32 PM »
Haha

Maybe she just wanted to stay close to her mummy

AHAHAH

Anyone remember the name of that mini movie about the bodybuilder in germany that lived with his mum and slept in the same bed with her?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 02:51:14 PM »

AHAHAH

Anyone remember the name of that mini movie about the bodybuilder in germany that lived with his mum and slept in the same bed with her?

The Life of Dennis Wolf?

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 07:22:28 PM »

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 07:30:46 PM »

AHAHAH

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 07:33:51 PM »

AWESOME, thanks , i was searching for that video for ever, it make me crack up the first time i saw it thanks

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 07:36:41 PM »
I remembered straight away. Its actually quite a well made piece. Funny as hell.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 03:56:55 PM »

Wow, that's sad. Talk about arrested development!
I guess after a while, you can't call it child abuse, ...but his maturity is so stunted... what else can it be?
w