Author Topic: So long, Yankees!  (Read 6451 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: So long, Yankees!
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 02:42:17 PM »
I really don't care, I was just trying to get a rise out of yankees fans.  I worked in the Pirates minor league system and those tight bastards sucked ass.....which is why the product is what it is for them for the last 25 yrs.

Lol! Sorry about that.  I used to live in Butler, Pa in the late 70s when the Pirates were pretty good.  I also  looked up their financials recently, and saw that just a few years ago they were showing operating income of 25M after everything!  My best friend was also a Pirates fan for his whole life, but couldn't take it anymore and switched to the Mets because he live in NJ, but hates the Yankees.
Y

newmom

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »
that fucking cashman is such a liar, albeit they needed to can Pitching coach eiland, but it doesn't have anything to do with the ALCS, YEA RIGHT

so who else is up for free agent beside jeter and rivera, I think one more is up but don't quote me on that

newmom

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 03:53:29 AM »
okay, so Pettite, Giradi, Jeter and rivera are contracts are up. Let's see Jeter is 36, no way is he getting another 10 year 189 mill contract again. This should be interesting

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 04:46:39 AM »
that fucking cashman is such a liar, albeit they needed to can Pitching coach eiland, but it doesn't have anything to do with the ALCS, YEA RIGHT

He wasn't lying.  Eiland took a leave during the year but no reason was given.  Something was going on.

Anyway, who cares?   Wasn't it that his contract expired and they didn't renew it?
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 04:48:28 AM »
okay, so Pettite, Giradi, Jeter and rivera are contracts are up. Let's see Jeter is 36, no way is he getting another 10 year 189 mill contract again. This should be interesting

Jeter will be paid for what he's done, so he's definitely getting more than his numbers would require.

I'm guessing 4/72, although I can picture 4/60 and possibly 5/100.  They'll over pay on this one big time, hopefully not the latter of my scenarios though.

Mo will go year to year at this point, but I think he can still pitch at his level for more.
Y

newmom

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2010, 05:19:21 PM »
He wasn't lying.  Eiland took a leave during the year but no reason was given.  Something was going on.

Anyway, who cares?   Wasn't it that his contract expired and they didn't renew it?

I care ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 07:55:25 AM »
Nice to see the Giants doing well.

newmom

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 04:18:38 PM »
well Girardi got 3 years for 9 million..Lets see what the other contracts bring

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 08:31:44 PM »
well Girardi got 3 years for 9 million..Lets see what the other contracts bring

Llook for Mo to go year to year, maybe two.  Jeter will be paid on more what he's done rather than what his numbers were this year.  Most likely 4/72, but I could easily see more or less.

Yankees will look to add Lee, or maybe take a shot at Greinke or, hopefully!, Soria.

Other than that, don't expect many big changes.
Y

newmom

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2010, 05:13:48 AM »

Llook for Mo to go year to year, maybe two.  Jeter will be paid on more what he's done rather than what his numbers were this year.  Most likely 4/72, but I could easily see more or less.

Yankees will look to add Lee, or maybe take a shot at Greinke or, hopefully!, Soria.

Other than that, don't expect many big changes.

If they are smart they will get Lee

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2010, 03:21:18 PM »
If they are smart they will get Lee

Considering that they offered Seattle the best hitting prospect they've had in 15 years to acquire Lee for 2 months of this season, it would seem that they're pretty intent on adding him.
Y