Author Topic: anyone watch the pilot of the walking dead ?  (Read 11901 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: anyone watch the pilot of the walking dead ?
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 09:38:54 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=50901

THE WALKING DEAD Star Norman Reedus Reflects On His Favorite Zombie Kills
MTV was able to grab an interview with the coolest cast member of the popular AMC zombie show. Norman, who plays Daryl in the show explains why his character is so well loved.

Daryl is one cool customer. One of my favorite reasons to like Daryl is that he really is the only character that doesn't need to be apart of the group. It's entirely his choice to be there, and as a viewer you have to wonder why he would put himself in harms way. He could disappear into the woods and eat all the dirty squirrels he likes, but something keeps him there and that is what makes Daryl's character truly grounded.

So what is the reason? It's fairly simple, it has a lot to do with Daryl's backstory that we haven't seen, but has been hinted at. Daryl was a neglected child and beaten severely. Norman Reedus explains to MTV, "He's looking at them for a very different kind of survival, for interaction that he's not used to, which is a new world for him."

The Economy & Horror

Get More: Movie Trailers, Movies Blog

MTV: What is it about Daryl Dixon that's just so f---ing cool?

Reedus: Well, it's hard not to look cool while holding a crossbow, first off. But he's interesting in that he has a different sort of struggle than anyone else. He's trying to just get along with people for the first time, I think. That one moment where Carol reaches down to kiss him on the forehead and he [recoils], he thinks he's about to get hit. There's this damaged thing about him that's really interesting. And when you have a backdrop like "The Walking Dead," it's even more powerful. But you have Rick and Shane fighting for what's the best thing in this group, and Daryl is just sort of trying to find his footing. He's not used to people telling him he's worth a damn. So once people start telling him that, his first reaction is fight or flight. He's such an interesting person. You could have that personality type in a Wall Street movie and he'd still be interesting.

MTV: Daryl has made a lot of personal progress this season, but will Sophia's death set him back? How does he react to finding out that she's gone?

Reedus: It's going to be interesting. It sets him back in certain ways, in that the hope's gone. That little girl that he's looking for, if she's one of them, he doesn't really give a crap anymore. You can have these so-called leaders of the group saying "do this, do that," and he doesn't really need them anymore. So you find out that Daryl sort of separates himself a little bit. He reacts violently to anything emotional revolving around that story line. There's another side of that in that he's looked upon more as one of the leaders now, so there's a new set of responsibilities that Daryl has to deal with. Whether he wants them, whether he wants to take them, [is another story]. But it's interesting to see him looked upon as a leader. Fireworks fly. It's not necessarily something he wanted or asked for. He's not super thrilled about it.

MTV: Daryl has had some of the best zombie kills of the series. Which one was your favorite this season?

Reedus: Ooh. My best kill of the season? Well, I like last season, the double-ax to the throat. That was fun. [This season], I liked slashing the zombie churchgoer across the face; that was kind of fun. And I liked shooting the well-dressed zombie in the woods [in the season premiere], that was kind of fun too, then cutting his chest open and reaching inside of him, the gut bag. That was cool. That was a lot of fun. That was Andy and me being, "Ooh, gross!" You'd put your hand inside and it goes [makes a balloon deflating noise], and they put tubes of hot air that would blow in your face with gas inside the intestines. It was disgusting. [Co-executive producer and makeup effects designer] Greg Nicotero is completely twisted.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »
Thanks Gregz!  When does it start up again?
R

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 05:31:43 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=45636

The Walking Dead Gets 90 Minute Premiere; Big Changes Made To Schedule!
It has today been revealed that the season premiere of The Walking Dead will be a 90 minute special, but this comes alongside some disappointing news about how AMC will structure the 12 episodes! Hit the jump for details...

After the huge success of the first season of The Walking Dead, AMC took the decision to offer viewers a lengthier experience this time around, with an extra six episodes added to the shows schedule. (making a total of 12) However, The Hollywood Reporter now reveal the somewhat disappointing news that the network will in fact be splitting the season in two, with six episodes airing from October 16th, and picking up again on February 12th, 2012.

The good news? The first episode will be a 90 minute extravaganza! Stay tuned for more news on season two of The Walking Dead as and when we have it!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 11:03:01 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=53722

Watch The First Three Minutes Of THE WALKING DEAD'S Mid-Season Return
 Can't wait until The Walking Dead returns this February? Well we have got you covered click here to check out the first three minutes of the mid-season return. WARNING:Contains graphic images

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »
marathon on!
R

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 08:15:01 PM »
SPOILER...S03E01

Ummm...could Ricks wife be any more of a retard?????  Driving into town to get him and then losing control of the car?????  Fuck me....why not just stop and look at the map....its not like anyone else is going to be coming along!!!!!!

Ended well...like how Rick snapped.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 07:55:33 AM »
SPOILER...S03E01

Ummm...could Ricks wife be any more of a retard?????  Driving into town to get him and then losing control of the car?????  Fuck me....why not just stop and look at the map....its not like anyone else is going to be coming along!!!!!!

Ended well...like how Rick snapped.

I didn't really feel like he snapped but had actually thought it through...but I wasn't paying attention to the show 100%.    He gave them an out saying they couldn't join them at the farm..but they pressed...and the guy that peed on the floor indicated they couldn't be reasoned with and were crazy people/weirdos that would likely cause nothing but problems for the group.   

Seems like he weighed his options and eliminating them was the wisest one?

Yes, car wreck seemed dumb but hopefully it will produce something interesting.
R

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 09:01:08 AM »
I didn't really feel like he snapped but had actually thought it through...but I wasn't paying attention to the show 100%.    He gave them an out saying they couldn't join them at the farm..but they pressed...and the guy that peed on the floor indicated they couldn't be reasoned with and were crazy people/weirdos that would likely cause nothing but problems for the group.   

Seems like he weighed his options and eliminating them was the wisest one?

Yes, car wreck seemed dumb but hopefully it will produce something interesting.

I guess by saying snapped, I am basically saying what you said....eliminating them was the only option.  No reasoning....no compromise...nothing.

What was weird was how those two guys greeted Rick and the crew....as if they had run into them before.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 07:10:42 AM »

What was weird was how those two guys greeted Rick and the crew....as if they had run into them before.

I don't think I caught that!  Will plan to pay attention when the repeat airs.
R

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »
David Morrissey cast as the Governor next season:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=55592