Author Topic: Bragging Rights Results  (Read 2707 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Bragging Rights Results
« on: October 25, 2010, 05:30:22 AM »
In a nutshell:

Danial Bryon defeated The Miz by tapout

Golddust defeated Ted DiBiase

Laycool defeted Natalya to retain and unify the Womens title

John Cena & David Otunga of Nexus defeated Drew McCyntire & Cody Rhodes to become new unified Tag Team Champs. After the match, Cena gave the AA to Otanuga and walked back to the dressing room much to the crowds delight.

Team Smackdown defeated Team Ray when Ray Mysterio survived.

Wade Barrett defeated Randy Orton by DQ when Cena interfered, took out the entire Nexus squad and got Barrett DQ'd.

Kane defeated The Undertaker to retain teh World title when Nexus interferred and cost Untertaker his match. Kane through him in the grave while Nexus burried him alive and Kane got the bulldozer with dirt covering the entire gravesite.

Who the hell is doing this horrible booking?????????????????????????????????

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Bragging Rights Results
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »
Average PPV all round.  Miz vs Daniel Bryan was a good match, as was Goldust vs DIBiase, but that was really it.  Taker looked haggard, and his strikes were slow, and several missed quite noticeably.  I worry that it's not just an injury, and that he's actually starting to seriously go downhill.

The Barrett/Orton/Cena thing was a bit pointless, apart from give the belt to Barrett, there weren't many other ways to end that one.

And will someone please tell the Nexus to f*ck right off.  I've been bored with them for about 3 months now.  Apart from Barrett, none of them have anything.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:56:07 PM »

And who the hell is spending money on this?

Considering the UFC Brock/Velasquez fight which took place the previous night, and Brett Favre going back to Green Bay on the same night as Bragging Rights, I'd be surprised if the PPV numbers were strong.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 05:40:25 AM »

Who do you think? And who can tell them they suck and have done for months? No one dares.

Either way I haven't sprung for a PPV for ages.

They have lost me. Got the old tapes for some inspiring viewing when the mood hits.

:(

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 07:36:28 AM »

Who do you think? And who can tell them they suck and have done for months? No one dares.

Either way I haven't sprung for a PPV for ages.

They have lost me. Got the old tapes for some inspiring viewing when the mood hits.

:(

We all know Vince is having the final say but he has agents / bookers who pitch the ideas. You never saw this bullshit when Ed Ferrarra and Vince Russo were around. Even When Paul Heyman was involved it was good. Not now.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 04:38:36 PM »

I was excited to read Paul Heyman was being courted by TNA.

Didn't happen tho.

I think wrestling bookers today are trying for cheap pops to keep the attention of the wavering fans. Hence the Divas(I have very strong opinions on the value of the Diva division ;D) and other crap gimmicks. Someone needs to sit them down and explain the furious slow simmer a decent heel and appropriate build up could create. Try it once at least and see how it plays out.

I'm dreaming.

:'(
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 07:50:58 PM »
Unless it's Mania or the Rumble? Who actually buys these cards? Summer Slam and Survivor Series are a thing of the past. They don't mean anything any more. Did anyone here purchase Bragging Rights?
Agreed, especially with Survivor Series next month, they have an elimination match? Stevie Wonder could see SD winning, they want to hype it on the new network.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 09:54:20 PM »
Did anyone here purchase Bragging Rights?

It was free over here, so I watched it.  We get about half the PPV's free in the UK, but I usually buy the rest anyway.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 05:09:51 AM »
I can see it now...

Undertaker vs Sheamus at WM27

Barrett wins the title off Orton thanks to Cena at Survivor Series and looses it to Cena at WM27 or it will be a three way dance.  ::)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 08:04:36 AM »
In a nutshell:

Danial Bryon defeated The Miz by tapout

Golddust defeated Ted DiBiase

Laycool defeted Natalya to retain and unify the Womens title

John Cena & David Otunga of Nexus defeated Drew McCyntire & Cody Rhodes to become new unified Tag Team Champs. After the match, Cena gave the AA to Otanuga and walked back to the dressing room much to the crowds delight.

Team Smackdown defeated Team Ray when Ray Mysterio survived.

Wade Barrett defeated Randy Orton by DQ when Cena interfered, took out the entire Nexus squad and got Barrett DQ'd.

Kane defeated The Undertaker to retain teh World title when Nexus interferred and cost Untertaker his match. Kane through him in the grave while Nexus burried him alive and Kane got the bulldozer with dirt covering the entire gravesite.

wwe is that bad that they have to give gold dust a push. at least let him be dustin rhodes again.
F

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 09:26:09 AM »
            wwe is that bad that they have to give gold dust a push. at least let him be dustin rhodes again.
I disagree. He's the best he's looked in ages. I'm glad he's getting tv time...he's one of the only guys that can make anything Dibiase is involved in interesting. And why make him Dustin Rhodes? Any gimmick he's had other than Goldust has gone no where.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 12:06:13 PM »
I disagree. He's the best he's looked in ages. I'm glad he's getting tv time...he's one of the only guys that can make anything Dibiase is involved in interesting. And why make him Dustin Rhodes? Any gimmick he's had other than Goldust has gone no where.
His Black Reign charactor in TNA wasn't two bad. But again yes, he plays the Golddust charactor to the tee. Vince Russo deserves props for that.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 09:17:20 PM »
That finisher he's using at the moment is awesome.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 06:01:04 AM »
With all the second or third generation guys in the WWE, that is the direction they should go.  Blend in some older footage, have their pops come back and start something, etc... that would be the ONLY thing that might get me slightly interested.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 06:07:40 AM »
That finisher he's using at the moment is awesome.
& he executes it perfectly. I thing Runnels is very under-rated as a wrestler.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 09:25:45 AM »
he is actually in better shape ,but i think the golddust gimmick was more a punishment  by vkm than anything else. remember when he had adonis do the gay gimmick or atlas do samba simba. those were punishments. i could be wrong. i can't believe that they didn't work a brother's  feud with cody yet.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 10:31:12 AM »
he is actually in better shape ,but i think the golddust gimmick was more a punishment  by vkm than anything else. remember when he had adonis do the gay gimmick or atlas do samba simba. those were punishments. i could be wrong. i can't believe that they didn't work a brother's  feud with cody yet.
Not at all. Dustin Runnells gained his best noteriety as "Golddust" created by Vince Russo.
When Adrian Adonis had his cross-dresser / gay gimmick, he garnered his best publicity as well as a high profile fued with Roddy Piper.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 10:51:08 AM »

Gonna have to side w/ Funk on this one.

When the Goldust character was first unveiled in the 90s, whether you liked it or not, it was something new and edgy. Now, it just seems like a tired bit.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 11:27:16 AM »
Gonna have to side w/ Funk on this one.

When the Goldust character was first unveiled in the 90s, whether you liked it or not, it was something new and edgy. Now, it just seems like a tired bit.
That's WWE creative's fault for not utilizing him properly.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 12:14:07 PM »
That's WWE creative's fault for not utilizing him ANYTHING SINCE 2003 properly.

I promised I'd never modify anyone's post, but this one HAD to be fixed!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 09:24:39 AM »

I promised I'd never modify anyone's post, but this one HAD to be fixed!!
lol...that was a good correction and spot on.