Author Topic: 9th Circuit Court overturned Arizona’s requirement that people show ID to vote.  (Read 977 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Pueblo Politics: Court overturns Arizona's proof of citizenship requirement for voter registration
Arizona Daily Star ^ | 10/26/2010 | Rhonda Bodfield, Arizona Daily Star Arizona Daily Star

________________________ ________________________ ______

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has overturned Arizona’s requirement that people show proof of citizenship to register to vote.

The split decision by a three-judge panel determined that the requirement to show proof of citizenship — passed by voters in 2004 — is not consistent with the National Voter Registration Act.

(Excerpt) Read more at azstarnet.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ____

Add this to the other 9,999,999,999 reasons I am a conservative/libertarian.  unreal.     

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
I was under the impression if an issue arose between the state and the federal government that the SC had to hear the case and not some minor court.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I was under the impression if an issue arose between the state and the federal government that the SC had to hear the case and not some minor court.

Don't know - either way its typical far left insanity.