Author Topic: 2011 Hennessey Venom GT or Lotus Elise GT1 by Hennessey?  (Read 10441 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
2011 Hennessey Venom GT or Lotus Elise GT1 by Hennessey?
« on: October 26, 2010, 06:20:18 PM »
Hennessey has a new 1,200 hp car coming out. It's the Hennessey Venom GT, which is a Lotus Elise chassis with a American V8 in it...but it looks very much like the Lotus Elise GT1 that used a chevy V8. What's your take?

http://www.autospies.com/news/2010-SEMA-AUTO-SHOW-Hennessey-s-Venom-GT-On-VIDEO-58760 

Hennessey Venom GT

Lotus Elise GT1

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: 2011 Hennessey Venom GT or Lotus Elise GT1 by Hennessey?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 06:22:54 PM »
wow they both look like Mclaren F1's

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »
wow they both look like Mclaren F1's
Well, The Mclaren F1 LM race cars started a trend with the central intake. So the Mercedes CLK GTR, CLR, the Porsche GT1, and the Lotus Elise GT1 adopted the same intake system. This system brought "cleaner" and denser air into the engine.

Jace

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 10:37:58 PM »
that 1st pic is not a venom GT. thats a lotus exige

this is a venom gt:
http://www.streetfire.net/video/hennessey-venom-gt-startup_2078317.htm

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »
that 1st pic is not a venom GT. thats a lotus exige

this is a venom gt:
http://www.streetfire.net/video/hennessey-venom-gt-startup_2078317.htm
Wrong, that is the Venom GT, it is nothing more than a longtail Lotus Elise (2nd Gen) GT1, same formula. Hennessey trying dupe people out of money again...

this is a Lotus Exige. Notice the smaller air intake, the shorter tail...and the smaller side intakes, and non-existant wide body front with air extractor.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 04:03:47 AM »
Wrong, that is the Venom GT, it is nothing more than a longtail Lotus Elise (2nd Gen) GT1, same formula. Hennessey

The top photo in the OP is NOT a Venom GT its a one off car modified by Lotus for a customer. So you're wrong :-)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 04:58:50 AM »
The top photo in the OP is NOT a Venom GT its a one off car modified by Lotus for a customer. So you're wrong :-)
You are correct, after looking at the wheels, same as the Elise GT and different rearend, but the Hennessey is still nothing more than a Long Tail Elise, with the Hennessey Name

Hennessey Venom GT

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 06:38:37 AM »
Hennessy Venom all the way...not even a contest
L

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 06:39:30 AM »
You are correct, after looking at the wheels, same as the Elise GT and different rearend,

It was far more than a set of wheels and rear end conversion with almost everything apart from the Exige's tub changed.
I asked about buying the body panels for my car, but RTN who did the bodywork told me that the design was owned by Lotus and apart from that they would not have fitted because the "special" was 350mm longer and 100mm wider.

Its amusing that the people voting for the Hennessy are basing the judgment on the wrong car! :-)

And the guy who had the special built could have specified any powertrain he wanted as money was no object. But just sticking a more powerful engine in a car may make it faster in a straight line, but this was built for the track. Americans have never quite grasped the concept of going round corners until recently :-) And I base that comment on having owned several Corvette's since 1982.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 06:40:37 AM »
I thought this was a thread about Cognac.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 06:47:05 AM »
It was far more than a set of wheels and rear end conversion with almost everything apart from the Exige's tub changed.
I asked about buying the body panels for my car, but RTN who did the bodywork told me that the design was owned by Lotus and apart from that they would not have fitted because the "special" was 350mm longer and 100mm wider.

Kinda figured it was more to that under the skin...so the long tail design is owned by Lotus, does that mean the very, very similar long tail design Venom GT is owned by Lotus as well, and not by Hennessey? Because all that is really changed in terms of outside design are a few strakes here and there. The Lotus Elise LeMans Longtail existed since the first gen Elise...and from what it seems is that Hennessey did chassis work and added a FI LS9 engine to it...it still is a Lotus Elise Longtail. Or is it something like how the Tesla sports car is based on the Elise, the Dodge EV car is based on the Lotus Europa, the Opel Speedster was based on the Elise as well.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 07:18:43 AM »
I thought this thread would be about booze for blacks ;D ???

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 07:18:50 AM »
I'm sure they are both really fucking fast but they are uglier than Kai Greenes nostrils

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 07:27:12 AM »
I'm sure they are both really fucking fast but they are uglier than Kai Greenes nostrils
Actually, Kai has excellent symmetrical flare...

You ever see that Nissan GTR again?

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 08:51:19 AM »
Was going to say those first two pics are 4 years old

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 08:54:52 AM »
uglier than a bucket full of rattlesnakes

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »
What a fucking fag.

Opps sorry, thought this was the Venom Vince thread

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 12:38:19 PM »
Actually, Kai has excellent symmetrical flare...

You ever see that Nissan GTR again?

nope.....but i saw a bronze "Eleanor" mustang last weekend.....thing sounded sweet. and it was nice that the guy driving it was beating on it.....not being a little pussy

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 01:44:49 PM »
keep the money and build my own...

bench

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 02:42:10 PM »

Its amusing that the people voting for the Hennessy are basing the judgment on the wrong car! :-)

And the guy who had the special built could have specified any powertrain he wanted as money was no object. But just sticking a more powerful engine in a car may make it faster in a straight line, but this was built for the track. Americans have never quite grasped the concept of going round corners until recently :-) And I base that comment on having owned several Corvette's since 1982.

we taught Ferrari a few things in the 60s  ;D

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 08:38:40 PM »
we taught Ferrari a few things in the 60s  ;D

Yes the Ford GT40 was an amazing car. Built in Slough, England :-)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 08:46:00 PM »
Kinda figured it was more to that under the skin...so the long tail design is owned by Lotus, does that mean the very, very similar long tail design Venom GT is owned by Lotus as well, and not by Hennessey? Because all that is really changed in terms of outside design are a few strakes here and there. The Lotus Elise LeMans Longtail existed since the first gen Elise...and from what it seems is that Hennessey did chassis work and added a FI LS9 engine to it...it still is a Lotus Elise Longtail. Or is it something like how the Tesla sports car is based on the Elise, the Dodge EV car is based on the Lotus Europa, the Opel Speedster was based on the Elise as well.

I don't know much about the Hennessey as I lost interest in the Exige line when I sold mine a few years ago - it was getting less elegant to get in and out of as I put on weight!
The one off special in the first post was designed by Lotus so they own the design rights and the moulds that were used to make all the new panels.

I assume that Hennessey own the design rights to any panel changes they make.