Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories Board  (Read 7655 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Conspiracy Theories Board
« on: October 26, 2010, 09:31:47 PM »
Conspiracy theory is a term that originally was a neutral descriptor for any claim of civil, criminal, or political conspiracy. However, it has become largely pejorative and used almost exclusively to refer to any fringe theory which explains a historical or current event as the result of a secret plot by conspirators of almost superhuman power and cunning.

Conspiracy theories are viewed with skepticism by scholars because they are rarely supported by any conclusive evidence and contrast with institutional analysis, which focuses on people's collective behavior in publicly known institutions, as recorded in scholarly material and mainstream media reports, to explain historical or current events, rather than speculate on the motives and actions of secretive coalitions of individuals. The term is therefore often used dismissively in an attempt to characterize a belief as outlandishly false and held by a person judged to be a crank or a group confined to the lunatic fringe. Such characterization is often the subject of dispute due to its possible unfairness and inaccuracy.

According to political scientist Michael Barkun, conspiracy theories once limited to fringe audiences have become commonplace in mass media. He argues that this has contributed to conspiracism emerging as a cultural phenomenon in the United States of the late 20th and early 21st centuries, and the possible replacement of democracy by conspiracy as the dominant paradigm of political action in the public mind. According to anthropologists Todd Sanders and Harry G. West, "evidence suggests that a broad cross section of Americans today…gives credence to at least some conspiracy theories."  Belief in conspiracy theories has therefore become a topic of interest for sociologists, psychologists and experts in folklore.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Conspiracy Theories Board
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 12:50:26 AM »
Hi Ron,

I know you've christened this board "The Conspiracy Theory Board", so I hope you won't take too much offense if I post some "Conspiracy Fact" on occasion every once in a while.  :D
w

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 11:08:35 AM »
LOL love the board
They may as well start sending all of SATAN123 threads here, the guy is a pro  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:33:55 PM »
Great idea.  Ozmo is the right person to mod this (or any other) board. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »
Great idea.  Ozmo is the right person to mod this (or any other) board. 

Nothing personal against Ozmo. I think he's a great guy, ...but I question the wisdom of having a mod who discounts all CT's and ridicules those who entertain them. Hardly a good recipe for thought provoking discussion imo, ...but we'll see.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 06:42:13 PM »
Nothing personal against Ozmo. I think he's a great guy, ...but I question the wisdom of having a mod who discounts all CT's and ridicules those who entertain them. Hardly a good recipe for thought provoking discussion imo, ...but we'll see.

That's not what he does.  Completely untrue.  He's levelheaded.  Mature.  Smart.  And sticks to the facts. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 07:06:56 PM »
Ozmo seems to be a fairly good mod.  He mocks, but nothing more than anybody else is guilty of.  Especially YOU Jag - given all name calling, insults, rhetoric, and mocking that you're so fond of.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 07:23:50 PM »
I'm not suggesting he's a troll, ...just that he may not be the most suitable mod for a CT board,
...especially when his co-mod is too busy to take part. As part of a team, I'm sure he'd do well. As a solo mod... iffy.

I nominate 240 & Sampson as co-mods along with OzmO.

w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 07:25:07 PM »
lol

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 07:25:34 PM »
That's not what he does.  Completely untrue.  He's levelheaded.  Mature.  Smart.  And sticks to the facts. 

He is all of those things, ...but I have noticed his tendency to belittle & mock those who entertain CT's.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 07:28:09 PM »
Ozmo seems to be a fairly good mod.  He mocks, but nothing more than anybody else is guilty of.  Especially YOU Jag - given all name calling, insults, rhetoric, and mocking that you're so fond of.

I'm fond of playfully teasing on occasion. There's a difference between being playful & purposely belittling.
w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 07:33:55 PM »
I'm not suggesting he's a troll, ...just that he may not be the most suitable mod for a CT board,
...especially when his co-mod is too busy to take part. As part of a team, I'm sure he'd do well. As a solo mod... iffy.

I nominate 240 & Sampson as co-mods along with OzmO.

240 doesn't want to be a mod.  Samson is your gimmick who you portray as a "semi-literate, mostly retarded, female hating, dweeb".  And let's not even get into all the Jewish hatred posts.

Besides, even if SAMSON were a seperate person, Billy's already threatened to beat him up and fuck him in the a__.  He's probably running way too scared to mod this board.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 07:42:47 PM »
LOL!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 07:45:27 PM »

240 doesn't want to be a mod.

:'(  ...and he did such a wonderful job of opening people's eyes to the truth about 911 too.
Poor guy, it really wore him out too, ...but he took one for the team.

Samson is your gimmick who you portray as a "semi-literate, mostly retarded, female hating, dweeb".

Sampson is NOT my gimmick. I've developed another theory about who I think he is, but I'm no where near being as convinced as I was before. I haven't read enough of the other poster's post to say for sure.

And let's not even get into all the Jewish hatred posts.

Ya, those are pretty disgusting and such a turn off if makes one automatically want to shut out the rest of his statements

Besides, even if SAMSON were a seperate person, Billy's already threatened to beat him up and fuck him in the a__.  He's probably running way too scared to mod this board.

ROTFLOL! Who hasn't Billy threatened?  ;D
I think he's even threatened to have someone's dog severely pwnd at the hands paws of his own dog.
w

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 07:47:44 PM »
This is a conspiracy theory board.

All lunatics... I mean, all sound and unsound theories are welcome....

Politics Discussion Board, Religious Discussion Board and now Conspiracy Theories Discussion Board.

The passion for bodybuilding is growing!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 07:50:10 PM »
This is a conspiracy theory board.

All lunatics... I mean, all sound and unsound theories are welcome....

Politics Discussion Board, Religious Discussion Board and now Conspiracy Theories Discussion Board.

The passion for bodybuilding is growing!

Lunatics?  ??? Hmmm... ok, ...I see where this is going.
I thought you wanted a board with healthy, thought provoking discussion,
...but it appears you want to be entertained by the flinging of monkey feces.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 08:03:32 PM »
Lunatics?  ??? Hmmm... ok, ...I see where this is going.
I thought you wanted a board with healthy, thought provoking discussion,
...but it appears you want to be entertained by the flinging of monkey feces.
Ron, you need to add a mod that is on the other side.  Ozmo is a total skeptic, you need to have a CTr otherwise this forum is shit.  For whatever reason, you don't want me to be mod here, fine, add Jag or Samson.  They're next in line as being most interested in this forum.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 08:07:43 PM »
Ron, great pick on Ozmo. I'm quite the CT buff (as evidenced by the stellar thread I've already contributed here). I'd be more than willing to step up and keep this place in line.  :D

Good work not giving more moderator power to Hugo Chavez. Now if you'd be so kind as to take his buttons away on the main politics board, we'd be golden!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 08:39:46 AM »
Ron, you need to add a mod that is on the other side.  Ozmo is a total skeptic, you need to have a CTr otherwise this forum is shit.  For whatever reason, you don't want me to be mod here, fine, add Jag or Samson.  They're next in line as being most interested in this forum.

Absolutely, positively, without question . . . NO.  Ron it is fine the way it is.  Ozmo is fair. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 04:57:37 PM »
RPF aka Schewbbes is the perfect mod for this place.  Figgs as well.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 08:19:07 PM »
Ozmo is very fair, name one time any of you opposed to him being the only mod where he has let his personal beliefs get in the way of his moderating...

Ive never sen Oz do anything that I would even consider biased in terms of moderating...

If youve never seen him do anything then why do you think he would here?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 09:34:23 PM »
cool we got a ct board. my internet connection is messed up right now. ...  congrats on the new board hope it does well!!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 08:00:50 AM »

Good work not giving more moderator power to Hugo Chavez. Now if you'd be so kind as to take his buttons away on the main politics board, we'd be golden!

Looks like someone was a bit ...premature. Don't worry, I hear it happens to all guys every now & then.  ;D
w