Author Topic: good to see that no time was wasted  (Read 1451 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
good to see that no time was wasted
« on: October 27, 2010, 04:46:19 PM »
in using the ct forum for personal attacks.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=353485.0

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: good to see that no time was wasted
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 04:51:32 PM »
AH...I was just ribbing you about the Broncos.  I can delete the posts if you feel strongly that is was a personal attack.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 05:01:22 PM »
AH...I was just ribbing you about the Broncos.  I can delete the posts if you feel strongly that is was a personal attack.
no, I don't care about that.  The broncos suck right now and taking some shit for that is normal.  BF's shit is pure troll and bait personal attack.  I expected there would be plenty of that coming in that forum, but BF sure wasted no time in getting it started.  I'm sure Ron and Ozmo are giggling in the background ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »
no, I don't care about that.  The broncos suck right now and taking some shit for that is normal.  BF's shit is pure troll and bait personal attack.  I expected there would be plenty of that coming in that forum, but BF sure wasted no time in getting it started.  I'm sure Ron and Ozmo are giggling in the background ;D

Yep. Now that he can no longer troll in political, he's gonna turn that forum into his own personal little playground. It's pretty sad. Especially since such a board has the potential for some really good thought provoking and insightful discussion, ...if it gets off on the right foot.

The moderators of any board set the tone for the board. Lets hope they take it in the right direction.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 05:29:43 PM »
the threads will be the same there as they were here, filled with personal attacks, insults and mockery more than actual debate of the issue.  I don't know what the difference is, it was stupid of me to suggest the forum.  The only reason I suggested it was to give the topics a fair playing ground where someone could not just derail the thread with insulting garbage and personal attacks.  I have no reason to post in that forum, it's not going to be the forum I suggested.  

I apologize to Samson, 240, you Jag and all the others that didn't want that forum, I should have never mentioned it.  All I did was shoot myself in the foot on this one and screwed over people that enjoyed posting those topics here.  I got punk'd bigtime and it's my fault.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 06:24:47 PM »
Damn you Hugo! I was all set to try to persuade you to persuade Ron to make you a mod there.

Maybe Sampson could mod there?

If he agreed to censor all racist and or cultural & religious insults (including his own) he'd have my vote.
Ron seems dead set against me being a mod in that forum.  So I guess the only mod there will be a skeptic ::)  I have no desire to post there with that being the case.

If Ron is set on me not being a mod there fine, but he needs to add a mod that is not strongly leaning skeptic.  Someone else that posts here... you or samson or somone else, otherwise it's fucking bullshit.  Those topics are more heated than politics, there needs to be someone there to mod from the other side.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 08:06:47 PM »
Ron seems dead set against me being a mod in that forum.  So I guess the only mod there will be a skeptic ::)  I have no desire to post there with that being the case.

If Ron is set on me not being a mod there fine, but he needs to add a mod that is not strongly leaning skeptic.  Someone else that posts here... you or samson or somone else, otherwise it's fucking bullshit.  Those topics are more heated than politics, there needs to be someone there to mod from the other side.

OzmO isn't the only blanket skeptic modding that board, but I chose not to say anything earlier.
I thought it might be impolite to disparage a man in his own home, ...but Ron has subsequently outed himself.

Sorry, I won't mod that board. I have too much preparation to do, and too much money to make to devote the time to wading through sewage on behalf of those who simply want to fling monkey feces.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 08:17:54 PM »
OzmO isn't the only blanket skeptic modding that board, but I chose not to say anything earlier.
I thought it might be impolite to disparage a man in his own home, ...but Ron has subsequently outed himself.

Sorry, I won't mod that board. I have too much preparation to do, and too much money to make to devote the time to wading through sewage on behalf of those who simply want to fling monkey feces.
Ron has mentioned before his disdain for conspiracy theories so yea, having a CT board modded by two skeptics just sounds like an epic setup to me.  

Ozmo actually posted that he thinks people that believe in conspiracies are most likely poor and uneducated.  

So as is, that's not really the forum I would want to post in personally.  If you guys want to, go for it, but I'm out.  bummed about it but if I wanted that kind of torture, I can sit here and pull hairs from my balls...

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 08:21:30 PM »
who the hell is this 24kt?

Seems like quite the whiney little girl.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 08:24:26 PM »

if I wanted that kind of torture, I can sit here and pull hairs from my balls...

STOP! You're creating visuals that are gonna put me in therapy.  :-X
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 08:25:41 PM »
STOP! You're creating visuals that are gonna put me in therapy.  :-X
;D lol

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 10:39:27 PM »
LOL huggy the CT board has done what it was meant to do...

keep the idiocy off the main board, samson, 240, jag, tarzan etc...better one of these idiots gets insulted on the CT board than a single one of their idiotic CT's makes it to the politics board...

I thought that was the point... ???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 11:15:46 PM »

keep the idiocy off the main board, samson, 240, jag, tarzan etc...better one of these idiots gets insulted on the CT board than a single one of their idiotic CT's makes it to the politics board...

your point maybe.  I never said anything like that.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 01:16:19 AM »

What idiotic CT have I espoused on political?
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 10:27:22 AM »
What idiotic CT have I espoused on political?
jagson...dont make me  :D

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 02:30:59 PM »
just to be clear, personal attacks are fine on political but not on the CT board?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 04:47:10 PM »
just to be clear, personal attacks are fine on political but not on the CT board?

Personal attacks on the CT board will be deleted or modified.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »
i appreciate the PM, but i'm afraid I worry about the future of a CT board.

Just about *anything* that is outside the official govt 'story' is automatically a conspiracy theory.   Let's look at some things which are said on the main board:

*Obama is trying to collapse the economy

We see that about 15 times a day.  That needs to be moved to the conspiracy board now, since our govt says this is absurdly untrue

*Birther posts

Anything mentioning obama as being foriegn born (a pretty legit question by the way), is now CT material all the way.

*Those UE numbers are BS

Oh, the govt is lying huh?  Hello CT board!

We can go on... but anything which dispute the official govt account of things (which we all know is often bullshhhit) is suddenly CT-bound.  So now it's up to moderators to determine which statements are FACT and which are FICTION.  But the rubric they use?  It doesn't even exist.

So I'm steering clear of that place, even though I love the fact many of them are actually true.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
Not necessarily.  I am not intending to find excuses to move threads to the CT board.  But classic CT like 911 stuff, jfk, reptiles etc. Will be moved.  Along with some of the interesting stuff Samson comes up with. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
Not necessarily.  I am not intending to find excuses to move threads to the CT board.  But classic CT like 911 stuff, jfk, reptiles etc. Will be moved.  Along with some of the interesting stuff Samson comes up with.  

So "The president of the united states is an illegal alien intentionally trying to destroy the US economy for his NWO masters and that is why all the UE numbers are lies"...

That's cool, then?  :)

How many years for a 'theory' to become "classic"?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 05:46:45 PM »
So "The president of the united states is an illegal alien intentionally trying to destroy the US economy for his NWO masters and that is why all the UE numbers are lies"...

That's cool, then?  :)

How many years for a 'theory' to become "classic"?

I think that one taken as written qualifies as a CT for that board.  But a story of Birthers affecting votes would be political.   

240, listen I am sure you can come up all kinds of borderline CT stuff.  We will have to deal with each one
as we go along.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 06:03:55 PM »
this is a great decision, honestly though i dont see the problem with personal attacks on the CT board...

they happen just the same when the CT nuts were on the regular board...now its not ok?

either way I dont care I wont go into that realm very often but hopefully this will cut down on the amount of CT nuttery the rest of us are exposed to...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 07:18:11 PM »
this is a great decision, honestly though i dont see the problem with personal attacks on the CT board...

they happen just the same when the CT nuts were on the regular board...now its not ok?

either way I dont care I wont go into that realm very often but hopefully this will cut down on the amount of CT nuttery the rest of us are exposed to...
Its not ok both ways.  My intention on the CT board to have productive  debate and  discussion.  When personal insults get out of hand it distracts from that.  If posters interested in the board cannot handle that then that board is not the place for them.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »
Its not ok both ways.  My intention on the CT board to have productive  debate and  discussion.  When personal insults get out of hand it distracts from that.  If posters interested in the board cannot handle that then that board is not the place for them.
I agree for the most part but then again there are posters that are not interested in debating topics

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 07:34:23 PM »
I agree for the most part but then again there are posters that are not interested in debating topics

Yep and their absence will speak volumes.