Author Topic: Sauna = Vascularity  (Read 4274 times)

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Sauna = Vascularity
« on: October 27, 2010, 10:37:18 PM »
i started using a sauna a few times a week about a year ago.  since then, i've become much much more vascular (some of it must be due to getting leaner. 

can a sauna add to vascularity though?  i've got veins in my forehead now that look like arnolds in a good way...

TEAM LAURA LEE!

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Sauna = Vascularity
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:02:03 PM »
i started using a sauna a few times a week about a year ago.  since then, i've become much much more vascular (some of it must be due to getting leaner. 

can a sauna add to vascularity though?  i've got veins in my forehead now that look like arnolds in a good way...

I'm pretty sure it raises blood pressure so it would show up, but it would only be temporary

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 11:02:37 PM »
Try drinking alcohol in the sauna too... that'll really get the veins out.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 11:13:35 PM »

Unless you don't take shower after sauna and won't drink a bowl of water which people allways do, then yes it will give you vascularity.

Sauna in itself is just a dangerous way to lose weight. After sauna, if you truly whanna lose weight, you can only do that by not taking a shower afterwards, just dry yourself on the towel so your skin won't take any water, second is not drinking too much water at all and just suffer from thirst.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 03:33:32 AM »
makes your nuts swing lower to.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 03:36:48 AM »

SamuelR

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 06:21:08 AM »
I have read that heat can also spark some increased vascularity. But as far as I know, vascularity comes mostly from genetics and low body fat. I am interested in the whole sauna method. Found some info on The Energy Blueprint website. I will experiment and keep you posted.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 06:40:47 PM »
so many health benefits  of using a sauna

I am a hot yoga junkie

i did go to a russian bathhouse last month which was intense - so fkin hot in there

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 06:50:20 PM »

I am a hot yoga junkie

i did go to a russian bathhouse last month which was intense - so fkin hot in there
Yep, just ask Zyzz.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 06:51:26 PM »

I am a hot yoga junkie

Any whores?

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 07:22:48 PM »
Any whores?

hot yoga - tons of hot chics it is scottsdale, AZ so its a good area for hot chics -

Ive posted pics on here and once huge success of my build is from hot yoga. my mid section and legs are longer and leaner than ever before

russian bath house in NYC? lol no chics at all, just a bunch of eastern euro types (me) and guys named sasha, Boris and Alex

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 07:30:54 PM »
Yep, just ask Zyzz.

he isnt the 1st or last to die in a sauna.  wasn't he on tons of drugs the main cause?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 09:50:20 PM »
Heat dilates the blood vessels and veins. I know when I'm in a cold room, like a doctor's office to give blood, my veins disappear.

But to me, it always made more sense to use heat for recovery than cold, like those miserable ice baths that I use to do. Cold constricts blood vessels, hence, less blood flow and less oxygenation. There are tons of studies showing the benefits of heat. If I had the time I would definitely sit in a hot jacuzzi of sauna for about 15-20 minutes after a workout. Just thinking about it is relaxing. Especially the jacuzzi.

http://www.ergo-log.com/eposauna.html
http://www.ergo-log.com/sauna-makes-fit-people-even-healthier.html
http://www.ergo-log.com/anabolicheattreatment.html
http://www.ergo-log.com/daily-hot-bath-improves-glucose-metabolism-insulin-sensitivity.html

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 11:08:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure it raises blood pressure so it would show up, but it would only be temporary

In fact it makes your blood pressure lower, with all other benefits it has  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 11:27:18 PM »
hot yoga - tons of hot chics it is scottsdale, AZ so its a good area for hot chics -

Ive posted pics on here and once huge success of my build is from hot yoga. my mid section and legs are longer and leaner than ever before

russian bath house in NYC? lol no chics at all, just a bunch of eastern euro types (me) and guys named sasha, Boris and Alex

Hot yoga made your legs longer. Awesome. So how much taller are you now?

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 11:41:10 PM »
Unless you don't take shower after sauna and won't drink a bowl of water which people allways do, then yes it will give you vascularity.

Sauna in itself is just a dangerous way to lose weight. After sauna, if you truly whanna lose weight, you can only do that by not taking a shower afterwards, just dry yourself on the towel so your skin won't take any water, second is not drinking too much water at all and just suffer from thirst.

As so many other things, Sauna is dangerous only for morons and idiots. Of course first of all, one should define what he means about Sauna, because it isn't clear so many people outside the Finland, Sweden, Russia etc. where you find the authentic and original Sauna. For example, in USA any fking cabinet with some kind of heater could be called the Sauna, while it isn't anything but cabinet with the heater. In fact, most of the people outside the Scandinavia doesn't really have any idea what the real Sauna really is. If you haven't been in Scandinavia/Russia, I bet you doesn't have any experience about real Sauna. Maybe you have been in some sweat box which you call as "Sauna", but it is far far a way from the original product. Let see...:

Here you have quite ordinary modern Sauna..

Somewhat larger so called public Sauna..

And smaller version, which we usually have in our apartments..

So what? So in all these we have temperatures  like 100-120°C/ ~212F, we are able to throw water on the stones of the heater as much as we wish to make Sauna somewhat hotter, and all these are used by people age range 1 to 110 years. So what? So we know thing or two about this matter, that's all  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 12:49:29 AM »
Not yoga made your legs longer. Awesome. So how much taller are you now?

Good question. My legs are short, 31" inseam. I've longed for them to be longer, but could never figure out how to achieve that. Maybe Tres has the answer.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 07:22:11 AM »
Simply wonderful.
Q

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 09:28:26 AM »
Hot yoga made your legs longer. Awesome. So how much taller are you now?

Ha ha ha
Just what I was thinking !!!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 10:29:25 AM »
Have yet to read all of the above, but the latest 'trend' here in LV is "cryotheraphy" which seems to be totally opposite.

Since extreme heat = vascularity ... would the exact opposite (extreme cold) = un-vascularity?

I've been told that this new trend in a minus 200 degree environment  for 3 minutes offers great health benefits.

Or is that complete BS?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 11:30:06 AM »
I have read that heat can also spark some increased vascularity. But as far as I know, vascularity comes mostly from genetics and low body fat. I am interested in the whole sauna method. Found some info on The Energy Blueprint website. I will experiment and keep you posted.

First post and bumps an 8 year old thread.

I'm sure this will be fantastic.
Y