Author Topic: The Event  (Read 3591 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
The Event
« on: October 28, 2010, 12:56:48 AM »
Does anyone here watch The Event? OMG It is sooooo good! Absolutely riveting! Very suspenseful!

The 1st episode was sort of disjointed and hard to follow, but once the characters were established and the stories started to unfold... OMG... each episode just keeps getting better & better. Definite MUST SEE TV!

Look for this one to get quite a bit of attention come awards season. It has everything to appeal to sooo many demographics. It has romance, drama, suspense. It's attracts critical thinkers while appealing to those more responsive to their reptilian brains. Conspiracy theorists will love it too. Well written and addictive!

Picture a hybrid of shows; 'The West Wing" meets "The X - Files" meets "24", told in the style of "Traffic"
The three of them got together for a romp in the hay, and had a baby which was "The Event"  ;D

w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: The Event
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 04:17:36 PM »
Yes... been watching and love it... but I fear it will be another Heroes.... a strong start that collapses because the writers didn't think the script through far enough into the future for it to make sense.  For now it's cool.  And it is way cool to see John Ritter's son.   8)

If you have missed the show or any episode, you can still watch all episodes from the beginning online at NBC.com

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »
Yes... been watching and love it... but I fear it will be another Heroes.... a strong start that collapses because the writers think the script through far enough into the future for it to make sense.  For now it's cool.  And it is way cool to see John Ritter's son.   8)

If you have missed the show or any episode, you can still watch all episodes from the beginning online at NBC.com

Nah they took off episode one which sets the initial groundwork to understand all the subsequent ones.
They did the same on www.citytv.com as well. But they actually erred on the CityTV site.
They posted the Nov 1st episode lol. I missed last Mondays and went to catch it... they also had this Monday's episode up. I can hardly wait for the next one. It's gonna be soooo good. I really like the Simon Lee character. And I wonder if the ending of this Monday's episode means he's still in the clear. Think about it, ...after that "lift off" everyone in the building would be a "red dot". I hope I'm being cryptic enough without giving away any spoilers?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »
And it is way cool to see John Ritter's son.   8)

Ya, John was a good man. My girlfriend did alot of volunteer work with a literacy program up here, and John was a big supporter. You should have seen the look on his face when she gave him a present for his daughter one day. He was sooo touched. It was bad 'cause we pulled him out of character, but he had all lunch hour to get back in.  :P
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 05:30:25 PM »
Only 30 more minutes, ...and I can hardly wait! This is gonna be the longest 30 minutes of my life!  ;D
w

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »
My parents suggested I check this series out and I'm hooked. I'm not a big television watcher either.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 01:24:55 PM »
One of only 2 shows I watch now (besides NFL ball).  The other is the new Nikita (while not as good as the old one with Peta Wilson, it's still damn good). 
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 02:04:07 AM »
i've been watching from the start.  good show but don't get your hopes up.  right now it's sitting about 50/50 toss up for being cancelled and they love to axe shows like this.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 11:57:00 PM »
i've been watching from the start.  good show but don't get your hopes up.  right now it's sitting about 50/50 toss up for being cancelled and they love to axe shows like this.

Yep, anything Sci-Fi or "techie" but is really good and gets a passionate following always gets axed, leaving millions of frustrated viewers.  V, Sarah Connor, and going much further back, "FX: The Series", etc....

The original Nikita on USA lasted a good 4 seasons, though, and to this day, remains my favorite show ever, even over 24.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 01:05:36 AM »
One of only 2 shows I watch now (besides NFL ball).  The other is the new Nikita (while not as good as the old one with Peta Wilson, it's still damn good). 

Some friends of mine are working on that show. I don't think they're having a lot of fun.  :-\

Awww Peta Wilson. There was an interesting person to work with. Always kept things ...uh... lively!  ;D
w

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 09:55:50 PM »
Some friends of mine are working on that show. I don't think they're having a lot of fun.  :-\

Awww Peta Wilson. There was an interesting person to work with. Always kept things ...uh... lively!  ;D

Please elaborate on both points.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 11:17:53 AM »
Please elaborate on both points.

Check your PMs.....  :P
w

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 12:48:42 PM »
Check your PMs.....  :P

Thank you, kind sir.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 12:50:16 PM »
Thank you, kind sir.

ummm.... that would be ma'am. I'm a girl.
w

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 01:00:47 PM »
ummm.... that would be ma'am. I'm a girl.

Oh, sorry.  Thanks, ma'am.  :)
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 02:01:38 AM »
It fucking sucks.

Ya'll soon wake up and realize this.

Watch Boardwalk Empire, Kenny fucking Powers (Eastbound), Mad Men, Scrubs, Simpsons, Family Guy, or an older really good show like 24, Oz or The Wire, and you'll see that The Event is a piece of fucking shit.

The problem is that all of the ingredients are there - great actors, good camera work, et al. But the script, the storytelling, it's a hastework.

A great comparison is 24. The guys behind 24 always knew that the story was key. That they had to make absolutely sure that the story, the STORY, had to be there.

The Event, it just blows.

As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 01:10:45 AM »
It fucking sucks.

Ya'll soon wake up and realize this.

Watch Boardwalk Empire, Kenny fucking Powers (Eastbound), Mad Men, Scrubs, Simpsons, Family Guy, or an older really good show like 24, Oz or The Wire, and you'll see that The Event is a piece of fucking shit.

The problem is that all of the ingredients are there - great actors, good camera work, et al. But the script, the storytelling, it's a hastework.

A great comparison is 24. The guys behind 24 always knew that the story was key. That they had to make absolutely sure that the story, the STORY, had to be there.

The Event, it just blows.

Does this mean you don't like it? ???
Well then I guess you won't be watching it huh?
w