Author Topic: It's Official - Cain Velasquez is now the #1 ranked MMA  (Read 4561 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
It's Official - Cain Velasquez is now the #1 ranked MMA
« on: October 28, 2010, 03:12:28 PM »
Cain Velasquez is now the #1 ranked MMA heavyweight in the world, with Brock at #2 and Fedor at #3.

Compiling the rankings of twenty top mixed martial arts web sites, the USA TODAY / SB Nation Consensus MMA Rankings present the top 25 fighters in MMA for the seven major weight classes. These world MMA rankings are the most accurate reflection of how the top fighters in MMA across all promotions like UFC, WEC, Affliction and DREAM are viewed by the experts who cover the sport.

Heavyweight MMA October 28, 2010
Consensus Rankings posted October 28, 2010

Rank    Fighter    %    Promotion    Last Rank
1   Cain Velasquez   98   UFC   3
2   Brock Lesnar   94   UFC   1
3   Fedor Emelianenko   89   M-1 Global / Strikeforce   2 <--- LOL...the world's best ::)
4   Fabricio Werdum   86   Strikeforce   4
5   Shane Carwin   83   UFC   5
5   Junior dos Santos   83   UFC   6
7   Frank Mir   76   UFC   7
8   Alistair Overeem   75   Strikeforce   8
9   Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira   70   UFC   9
10   Antonio Silva   53   Strikeforce   12
11   Josh Barnett   52   Strikeforce   10
12   Brett Rogers   46   Strikeforce   11
13   Brendan Schaub   31   UFC   27
14   Cheick Kongo   27   UFC   14
15   Andrei Arlovski   26   Strikeforce   16
16   Roy Nelson   26   UFC   17
17   Gabriel Gonzaga   24   UFC   13
18   Mirko Filipovic   22   UFC   15
19   Ben Rothwell   22   UFC   20
20   Aleksander Emelianenko   22   Azerbaijan Pankration Federation   19
21   Pedro Rizzo   21   Impact Fighting Championship   18
22   Tim Sylvia   18   Powerhouse World Promotions   21
23   Stefan Struve   15   UFC   23
24   Randy Couture   14   UFC   22
25   Cole Konrad   14   Bellator   29

w

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
Re: It's Official!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 03:33:41 PM »
Looks like if Fedor wants to stay relevant he must get quality opponents and the only place to get them is in the U.F.C......
Watching The Haters

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 04:14:42 PM »
How the fuck is Lesnar above Fedor?  Bullshit.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 04:15:54 PM »
Looks like if Fedor wants to stay relevant he must get quality opponents and the only place to get them is in the U.F.C......

All of the Fedor nut-huggers will tell you that Fedor doesn't want to sell his soul to Dana or that the best heavyweights are in StrikeFroce.  Or the best one...Fedor doesn't care about his legacy ::)  

The truth is that Fedor was offered the most lucrative MMA contract anyone has ever had, and as the rankings show, the top fighters are in the UFC.

Even though he is no longer the best heavyweight today, I would still like to see how he does against guys like JDS, Carwin, Lesnar & Cain.  

Oh well...
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 04:16:55 PM »

Just look at Fedor's record over the last two years.  He's been fighting nothing but cans, and he lost to the #10 fighter at the time.  I personally don't have him in the top 5.
w

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: It's Official - Cain Velasquez is now the #1 ranked MMA
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 04:22:30 PM »
if this was the BCS computer, Brock would have dropped out of the top 10 with that loss, its worse then the ass kicking the Oregon ducks put on UCLA

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 05:38:19 PM »
Just look at Fedor's record over the last two years.  He's been fighting nothing but cans, and he lost to the #10 fighter at the time.  I personally don't have him in the top 5.

Who has lesner beat other than Carwin (was a fluke) that aren't washed up cans?

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 06:23:12 PM »
Maybe in bizzaro world.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 06:48:32 PM »
Who has lesner beat other than Carwin (was a fluke) that aren't washed up cans?

same can be said about cain.. gonzaga, kongo? those are the best hes faught and they both are washed up..
real men= no rubbers

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 06:49:08 PM »
Cain Velasquez is the man. Seeing him fight Dos Santos will be ridiculous. The beating he put on Roy Nelson was nuts.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 06:56:15 PM »

LOL yeah seriously..

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 07:22:08 PM »

Dude, you're a joke with this Fedor hating crap you always post.  Anyone that says Fedor is the best is a guy?  You're the only person in the world that says he isn't in the top 5.  Lesnar is 5-2.  He went 1-1 with Mir and his only big win is over Carwin.  Fedor is 31-1 against the best fighters in the world.  He went 10 years undefeated.  What athlete has ever come close to doing that?  Every single fighter that has ever fought him said he was by far the best they have ever fought.  Get over it already.

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 07:49:33 PM »
i dont even no how cane did that fight he isnt even that big compared to brock

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 07:51:57 PM »
Get over it already.

He won't and Fedor will never jump to UFC, so this arguement will go on and on and on...

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 07:57:28 PM »
Just look at Fedor's record over the last two years.  He's been fighting nothing but cans, and he lost to the #10 fighter at the time.  I personally don't have him in the top 5.

Really? According the the rankings on the same webpages that you got the info from your opening post, AA and Sylvia were both top 5 opponents when Fedor fought them. Fedor has fought 3 top 10 HW in the last two years, who are all these UFC fighters who have fought better competition than him?

shotgun on the team

mumba

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 08:07:36 PM »
Fedor would smash Cain

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »

yeah i know 5-2 record vs 31-2 ::)
irongearco.com

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 09:33:24 PM »
All of the Fedor nut-huggers will tell you that Fedor doesn't want to sell his soul to Dana or that the best heavyweights are in StrikeFroce.  Or the best one...Fedor doesn't care about his legacy ::)  

The truth is that Fedor was offered the most lucrative MMA contract anyone has ever had, and as the rankings show, the top fighters are in the UFC.

Even though he is no longer the best heavyweight today, I would still like to see how he does against guys like JDS, Carwin, Lesnar & Cain.  

Oh well...

Lesnar has accomplished a lot in a short time frame, and is an exceptional athlete, but Fedor would destroy him.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 09:43:02 PM »
Talk, talk and talk....I love Fedor as a fighter, but until he fights all the top in the world all everyone will do is talk....Fedor has  been handed the money how come he wont take it?
You Can't Do It!!!

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 09:58:40 PM »
Talk, talk and talk....I love Fedor as a fighter, but until he fights all the top in the world all everyone will do is talk....Fedor has  been handed the money how come he wont take it?

Because it's not up to Fedor to decide, if you know what I mean.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 10:00:12 PM »
Talk, talk and talk....I love Fedor as a fighter, but until he fights all the top in the world all everyone will do is talk....Fedor has  been handed the money how come he wont take it?

So are you Fedors Lawyer and were there with him to look over the contracts he was offered by both M1 and the UFC?
How do you know for sure that Dana offered him more than M1 and strikeforce? M1 is owned by Russian billionares with just as much money as Dana and the Ferrittita brothers who own the UFC.
shotgun on the team

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »

So are you Fedors Lawyer and were there with him to look over the contracts he was offered by both M1 and the UFC?
How do you know for sure that Dana offered him more than M1 and strikeforce? M1 is owned by Russian billionares with just as much money as Dana and the Ferrittita brothers who own the UFC.

As I watch millions of people waiting in line to pay for ppv for strikeforce fights lol..... ::)
You Can't Do It!!!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 10:20:51 PM »
  Epic thread started by Cockspin out of spite and jealously over my thread on the Fedor vs Nogueira fight. The bottom line is that Fedor is the greatest ever according even to UFC champs such as: GSP, Shogun, Couture, Nogueira, Carwin, etc. Cockspin owned. And BTW, Cockspin, Fedor has stated many times that he doesen't give a shit about rankings. And before you claim that he only said that because he lost and dropped from 1 rank, consider that he said that back in 2006 when he was ranked 1 during and interview. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 08:23:15 AM »
Mindspin is an idiot.

Fedor, Overeem, Werdum >>>>>>>>>>>>>> all of UFC

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 09:32:23 AM »
  Epic thread started by Cockspin out of spite and jealously over my thread on the Fedor vs Nogueira fight. The bottom line is that Fedor is the greatest ever according even to UFC champs such as: GSP, Shogun, Couture, Nogueira, Carwin, etc. Cockspin owned. And BTW, Cockspin, Fedor has stated many times that he doesen't give a shit about rankings. And before you claim that he only said that because he lost and dropped from 1 rank, consider that he said that back in 2006 when he was ranked 1 during and interview. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE
all top fighters looks up to Fedor and it's not for nothing.