Author Topic: No Wonder Peter Criss Got Thrown Out Of The Band  (Read 14151 times)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: No Wonder Peter Criss Got Thrown Out Of The Band
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 10:27:58 AM »
I listened to Destroyer the other day, which is supposed to be their masterpiece.

Apart from Detroit Rock City, the rest of the time i wanted to punch myself in the balls.

they are really really really bad.
Deep Tissue Massage

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 10:32:34 AM »
Peter was thrown out of the band because he sucked - plain and simple.  I have played the drum kit for 25+ years and was definitely a Kiss fan as a kid but am wise enough now to see just how bad Peter was as a musician.

Both Eric Carr (now deceased from stomach cancer) and Eric Singer (currently holds drum seat in Kiss) are immensely more accomplished drummers than Peter ever was.  No offense to any Peter Criss fans out there but he definitely was NOT the glue that held the band together.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 11:14:47 AM »
Peter was thrown out of the band because he sucked - plain and simple.  I have played the drum kit for 25+ years and was definitely a Kiss fan as a kid but am wise enough now to see just how bad Peter was as a musician.

Both Eric Carr (now deceased from stomach cancer) and Eric Singer (currently holds drum seat in Kiss) are immensely more accomplished drummers than Peter ever was.  No offense to any Peter Criss fans out there but he definitely was NOT the glue that held the band together.

Drummers are not musicians. Drummers are guys who hang out with musicians.  ;D

Noone in Kiss was exactly a virtuoso. Gene and Paul can barely play an instrument themselves. Studio musicians filled in and continue to fill in on the cd's. Some of them are credited, some of them are not.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 01:07:11 PM »

Eric Carrs' 'Young and Wasted' was a kick ass song. He could drum circles around Peter. I was disappointed to see how far the Catmans skills had diminished since his heyday. He went from decent to just plain bad.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2010, 01:09:31 PM »
Pretty cool

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2010, 01:16:43 PM »

Noone in Kiss was exactly a virtuoso. Gene and Paul can barely play an instrument themselves. Studio musicians filled in and continue to fill in on the cd's. Some of them are credited, some of them are not.

wow, I bet they are the only band that used studio musicians, ya really think so?  their following says it all, the Kiss Army!
every band has had a bad set, but the real bands live on!

kind of like Arnold...this is a bodybuilding site, every now and then...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 01:22:53 PM »
my 03 Vulcan 1600

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 01:23:30 PM »
last one..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »

Oh I think Paul and Gene hold their own on their instruments. Paul has always said he doesn't like lead but can play the hell out of rhythm guitar. Gene said it's more important to sell the playing than the playing itself. He mentions Vinny Vincent was amazing on the guitar but couldn't sell it. As far as studio musicians, Gene and Paul played all their parts, when Ace or Peter were missing in action they had people play in their place.   

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 04:54:30 PM »
Oh I think Paul and Gene hold their own on their instruments

You're either joking or aren't a musician. Either way that statement is incorrect. None of Kiss' material requires proficiency on an instrument, none of it. Being able to play it still doesn't equate to being a good musician. Kiss is and always was a marketing machine. Regardless, I've been a fan since 75. Saw them in 76 and on their most recent tour as well.

newmom

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 04:59:21 PM »
my first favorite band

me too, my first concert I ever went to was the old Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego in 76 or 77

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 05:32:19 PM »
me too, my first concert I ever went to was the old Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego in 76 or 77

Did you get a backstage pass?

newmom

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 05:34:08 PM »
Did you get a backstage pass?

um NO I was only 7 years old

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 05:37:03 PM »

did you get drunk?

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2010, 05:38:23 PM »

what are you going as for halloween
Charlie Chaplin?
Magnum PI?

:o :o :o

newmom

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2010, 05:41:23 PM »
what are you going as for halloween
Charlie Chaplin?
Magnum PI?

:o :o :o

LMAO, I dressed up 2 years ago for halloween, I was supergirl but the outfit is to big, I would of dressed up as charlie chaplin, wish you would of suggested it sooner.. ;D

newmom

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 05:42:14 PM »
did you get drunk?

LOL no, but face was painted as paul stanley

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 05:42:25 PM »
LMAO, I dressed up 2 years ago for halloween, I was supergirl but the outfit is to big, I would of dressed up as charlie chaplin, wish you would of suggested it sooner.. ;D

how the hell did the mustache tag get thrown on you anyways?

oh wait,....skip that    :P

newmom

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 05:43:53 PM »
how the hell did the mustache tag get thrown on you anyways?

oh wait,....skip that    :P

LMAO, for a second I thought, is he serious :D ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2010, 09:12:35 PM »
stanley eisen or paul stanley,gene klein aka simmons jews,peter crisscola italian decent,frehley lutheran as someone mentioned .after there first 4 records bombed alive 1 took them to new status which is weird for a live record which in the music biz is a filler between new music and a way to squeeze the lemon which kiss is great at,then destroyer and love gun and another live record,kiss for all there worth are a live band so i guess live records were better suited then studio stuff.if u were a fan as most kids were then ,when you hear now that during there heyday 76-81 that criss and frehley were not playing on most studio stuff show's you how screwed up those 2 got and how  stanley/simmons had to keep the money train going foward,ace is a pretty good guitarist when he's straight and he actually should be dead a few times by now.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 09:21:39 PM »
why would sobriety be required

any musician worth their weight in garbage can play kiss music in their sleep

only later Aerosmith come close to rivaling KISS in the triteness and simplicity of the musical composition

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2010, 09:38:11 PM »
Gene said it's more important to sell the playing than the playing itself.
Ahem, I don't listen to KISS, but this just stood out. As someone who used be quite good in playing a instrument (cello)...this sounds like "faking" to me. 

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2010, 09:41:59 PM »
stanley eisen or paul stanley,gene klein aka simmons jews,peter crisscola italian decent,frehley lutheran as someone mentioned .after there first 4 records bombed alive 1 took them to new status which is weird for a live record which in the music biz is a filler between new music and a way to squeeze the lemon which kiss is great at,then destroyer and love gun and another live record,kiss for all there worth are a live band so i guess live records were better suited then studio stuff.if u were a fan as most kids were then ,when you hear now that during there heyday 76-81 that criss and frehley were not playing on most studio stuff show's you how screwed up those 2 got and how  stanley/simmons had to keep the money train going foward,ace is a pretty good guitarist when he's straight and he actually should be dead a few times by now.

Alive is their 4th album. It contains songs from the first 3 studio albums, Kiss, Hotter Than Hell and Dressed to Kill.

Alive 2 contains songs from Destroyer, Rock and Roll Over and Love Gun.

Jus sayin'.

newmom

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2010, 05:11:27 AM »
Nice bike Agnostic007

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2010, 06:49:32 AM »
Alive is their 4th album. It contains songs from the first 3 studio albums, Kiss, Hotter Than Hell and Dressed to Kill.

Alive 2 contains songs from Destroyer, Rock and Roll Over and Love Gun.

Jus sayin'.
thanxs for correction,,,