Author Topic: Capoeira vs Karate vs Muay Thai vs Tae Kwon Do  (Read 19902 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Capoeira vs Karate vs Muay Thai vs Tae Kwon Do
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 05:50:13 AM »
they use some sort of special shoes in WTF tkd tournaments where you don't use any helmets or shit like that so that the impact of the kicks won't hurt so much, one guy told me that ofcourse they use them because their legs are SOOO powerfull and capable of killing.

..... RIIIIIIIIgggght right....

LOL, more like they use the helmets so that their make-up doesn't smear....

TKDs are total pussies, their kicks have no power compared to Muay Thai or even Karate.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 06:05:24 AM »
pretty much the first 9 minutes. This is in regards to stealth...Swede may want to take notice...If only Capoeira could be adapted to MMA
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/videos/feeds/cv-seo/Full-Episodes/All-Full-Episodes/Stealth-Fighters.html

There’s a video of a guy who won a MMA fight using Capoeira…but he was fighting a bottom feeder.   Brasilians would use Cap if it was functional in real MMA fights.  JJ and Cap are separate even at the youth levels.  I didn’t see any kids cross training in Mangueira, and they start REAL early. 

I would like to see that girl, Mindy, incorporate Cap and free jumping in her style, was definitely the best of the bunch.  She'd be the female Damian Walters.

Did she say she was married?  What a hottie!   

spinnis

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 08:56:27 AM »
LOL, more like they use the helmets so that their make-up doesn't smear....

TKDs are total pussies, their kicks have no power compared to Muay Thai or even Karate.

tkd's turning side kick is probably the most powertful kick in mma if done correctly

no one seems to do it correctly though, but ive seen it land a few times in ufc and the other dude pretty muich just collapses, cung le has landed it

besides that though lol.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 12:01:09 PM »
Pele incorperated Capoeira into his fighting style, but he was mainly muay thai.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 01:56:59 PM »
TKD is for little kids.

LOL x 100

3 months of muay thai and you can destroy any TKD black belt

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2010, 02:05:32 PM »
Ramon Dekkers, Buakaw Pro PamuK.. Muay Thai FTW!!!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »
Pele incorperated Capoeira into his fighting style, but he was mainly muay thai.

the elements of martial arts are in Capoeira, but they are no longer functional esp at an elite level.  After generations...Capoeira is more song and dance now.  the guy i was talking about used Cap primarily but he'd get dismantled by JJ guys like Silva, Jr, etc.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2010, 03:14:46 PM »
capoeira sucks, no blocking?. lame :-\
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2010, 03:24:21 PM »
the elements of martial arts are in Capoeira, but they are no longer functional esp at an elite level.  After generations...Capoeira is more song and dance now.  the guy i was talking about used Cap primarily but he'd get dismantled by JJ guys like Silva, Jr, etc.
Quite true, you know that there was a Cap fight in that old movie Black Orpheus? Wonder if they can actually capture the essence of the original form, more take downs, less emphasis on the acrobatics (Reginal?) and midway between that and Angola. More emphasis on hard kicks, leg sweeps, but with the use of helmets and pads to keep from injurying the opponent, but the goal would be to deliver devastating blows.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2010, 03:59:51 PM »
Quite true, you know that there was a Cap fight in that old movie Black Orpheus? Wonder if they can actually capture the essence of the original form, more take downs, less emphasis on the acrobatics (Reginal?) and midway between that and Angola. More emphasis on hard kicks, leg sweeps, but with the use of helmets and pads to keep from injurying the opponent, but the goal would be to deliver devastating blows.

i dont remember the fight scene...but will watch it again.  on a side note and off the subject...check out Central Station if you haven't.  it's a really great story.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2010, 06:40:07 PM »
capoeira sucks, no blocking?. lame :-\

There are blocking moves in Regional Capoeira. Both with the hands and legs.

The Capoeira kick was 1800 lbs of force. Friggin' amazing. Enough to not only break your ribs but according to the scientists, enough to stop your heart.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »
There are blocking moves in Regional Capoeira. Both with the hands and legs.

The Capoeira kick was 1800 lbs of force. Friggin' amazing. Enough to not only break your ribs but according to the scientists, enough to stop your heart.

yeah if the target was stationary  ;)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2010, 06:56:40 PM »
LOL x 100

3 months of muay thai and you can destroy any TKD black belt

It's funny how after 30 years of TKD "martial arts" training you can still be a little pussy that makes a scared face when he gets hit...

Have you ever seen a Muay Thai fight in Thailand? These guys are killers.  :o

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2010, 07:52:09 PM »
It's funny how after 30 years of TKD "martial arts" training you can still be a little pussy that makes a scared face when he gets hit...

That's because TKD is not a real contact sport like Muay Thai.
The only way to learn how to fight is fighting.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2010, 09:41:46 PM »

spinnis

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2010, 06:59:19 AM »
capoiera with blades attached to your foot would be effective  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2010, 07:01:27 AM »
On a side note ramon dekker was a fucking animal lol

I remember by first Muay Thai practise (out of only 3 before my legs gave out) I remember the coach , a short stocky fucker showing a legkicks on a pad, I still remember the fucking sound when he hit the bag and everyone went "woow" with a "what the fuck" look on their face haha.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2010, 07:10:13 AM »
On a side note ramon dekker was a fucking animal lol

I remember by first Muay Thai practise (out of only 3 before my legs gave out) I remember the coach , a short stocky fucker showing a legkicks on a pad, I still remember the fucking sound when he hit the bag and everyone went "woow" with a "what the fuck" look on their face haha.

too bad he had to go out i na dramatic fashion.... he thought that by gaining fat and shave his head and make feww tattoos that he would do good in MMA.... wrong

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2010, 07:26:19 AM »

Anybody remember this Capoeira movie  ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2010, 08:28:49 AM »
capoiera with blades attached to your foot would be effective  ;D
That was one of the reasons why Capoeira was outlawed in Brazil back in the day. There were assasins that wore straight blades between the toes and killed people. There is a video called Capoeira Nae Veia that show it, I have the full video. BTW this was filmed in Switzerland, where there is a strong Brazilian  community there

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2010, 08:37:15 AM »
That was one of the reasons why Capoeira was outlawed in Brazil back in the day. There were assasins that wore straight blades between the toes and killed people. There is a video called Capoeira Nae Veia that show it, I have the full video. BTW this was filmed in Switzerland, where there is a strong Brazilian  community there

I never believed in that style... seems like they just like to waste energy... but what do I know.

allthough, if those guys pulled any of those moves in swedish/finnish bars, they would have to push some girls away from them, for real.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2010, 08:49:19 AM »
I never believed in that style... seems like they just like to waste energy... but what do I know.

allthough, if those guys pulled any of those moves in swedish/finnish bars, they would have to push some girls away from them, for real.
Good cardio, 99.9 percent of the dudes who do it are cut the hell up, and there are some pretty deisel dudes as well, and that dark skinned dude looks like he might train with weights as well. The women who do it, are lean, athletic, have six packs...the movements help with flexibility and you can use sone of them in bed as well. ;)

here is capoeira girl---her physique is typical of those women who play capoeira

another doing some samba in the roda

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2010, 03:03:10 AM »

Have you ever seen a Muay Thai fight in Thailand? These guys are killers.  :o

I studied muay thai with a former world champion from thailand that opened the first mt school in toronto, it's called Siam no.1

most of the guys who train there are pro fighters and champions in different ages/classes.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2010, 03:24:15 AM »
Good cardio, 99.9 percent of the dudes who do it are cut the hell up, and there are some pretty deisel dudes as well, and that dark skinned dude looks like he might train with weights as well. The women who do it, are lean, athletic, have six packs...the movements help with flexibility and you can use sone of them in bed as well. ;)

here is capoeira girl---her physique is typical of those women who play capoeira

another doing some samba in the roda

Those videos are so inspiring... makes me cry that my parents didn't put me in gymanstics camp :(... and yeah those moves could be used in bed but I can't do shit like that :D...

The fact is, if you make your deep muscle tissues work COSNTANTLY with full force, you will = get lean/ripped, it's scientific fact.

I could be wrong though... LOL , damn... I think this is the ultimate power, what do you think?