Author Topic: new car.... upgrade or....???  (Read 8590 times)

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: new car.... upgrade or....???
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2010, 12:08:02 AM »
LOL exactly. Aside from the hummer, people often wonder why I don't drive expensive cars... I had a Z3 for a while (bonus gift from my company circa 2001), a Z06 corvette for a while.... just not my thing...

Dreamers want 250k cars... achievers just wanna enjoy what's sound... a Z06 corvette or a 100k 600hp hummer are plenty!

Thank you, exactly!

I love these dip shits with their 2010 Ford Taurus, Nisan Altima, or Mitsubishi Lancer (that will be worthless junk within two years) sitting in the driveway like it's some kind of accomplishment.  The only one who accomplished anyone was the guy that sold it to you.  ;D

;D

Man the fuck up...

TEAM LAURA LEE!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2010, 06:31:47 AM »
You shouldn't be giving out money advice to anyone if you're starting threads about getting motivated about work.

Also, I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Everyone that buys a POS that "runs forever" and is "like new" ...but has over 100,000K miles or is over 10 years old is a cheap/poor fuck. If a person could afford a brand new current version (+/- 3 years) of what they're currently driving, then they would.

I bet your the type of guy who lives in a basement studio apartment, so you can make payments because when you drive around you want to show people 'your a success'  ::).

Cars are meaningless, hold no value, and are the worst place to put money. They are meant to get you from point A to B.

But, the car manufacturers have done an excellent job convincing guys like you that you need a new, expensive, luxury car for others to think highly of you.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2010, 06:46:08 AM »
I bet your the type of guy who lives in a basement studio apartment, so you can make payments because when you drive around you want to show people 'your a success'  ::).

Cars are meaningless, hold no value, and are the worst place to put money. They are meant to get you from point A to B.

But, the car manufacturers have done an excellent job convincing guys like you that you need a new, expensive, luxury car for others to think highly of you.

What if someone lives in a huuuuge mansion... all paid for and drives a sweet ride?   Still made a mistake driving a nice ride?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2010, 06:52:09 AM »
What if someone lives in a huuuuge mansion... all paid for and drives a sweet ride?   Still made a mistake driving a nice ride?

No, but thats about 1% of the population

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2010, 09:45:28 AM »
My doctor drives a 1994 Jaguar, the guy could easily afford a $150k car if he was interested.  It's definitely not a reflection of his income.

You're an ignorant bastard, oh and I'm black you racist mother fucker  ;D

How is it racist to assume that you're black and love old Benzes ? It's a stereotype that you live up to.

Anyways, thread over. hahaha I understand now.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2010, 09:49:16 AM »
Also try the 90s era Lexus LS400 and do it up VIP style

looks like it came straight from "pimp my ride" :-X

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2010, 09:49:47 AM »

Hhahaha dude you're spot on! How'd you guess? OMG LOL! OMG!!!!! BBQ!!

Let me one up you and say you're the type of guy who drives a $2,000 hand me down from your uncle or grandparents and every chance you get tell people that nice cars are a waste of money and how much you're banking every month because you don't have a car payment or that your gas mileage is unbelivable!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2010, 09:54:31 AM »
I once read an article about Ferraris... one of the best car pieces I ever read...

This writer was attending one of those Ferraris owners conventions, he was there to write a piece on the event.  This was supposed to be his last work, and then he was retiring and finalizing some savings to buy a new house...  anyways, he went on to explain the experience and meeting all the ferrari owners watching the events they participated in.  Then one of the owners invited him to try out his ferrari... the writer said after 2 minutes of driving the ferrari he thought, "Fuck retiring, fuck the new house, I must have one of these"  The writer then continued the article talking about the car and about the experience, how he felt and then the rest of the convention...

He then finished the piece by saying he is now the proud owner of a brand new ferrari.

That article put a smile on my face  ;D

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2010, 10:07:37 AM »
if a nice house, nice car, nice clothes don't define the person, what the fuck does these days?

if you drive a $2,000 civic, then yes, you're sending out a message that you're a worthless asshole no matter how much you convince yourself that you're some kind of a financial genius.

if you drive a $400,000 (insert car of choice) , then you send out a message to the 2,000 dollar civic driving queer that he shouldn't make the mistake of talking to you.

as parker noted before, the in-between category is where it gets shady.  we all know assholes who drive escalades, yet are on welfare, and know guys who own show cars and are millionaires and drive a 90's tahoe around.

Deep Tissue Massage

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2010, 10:10:11 AM »
LOL exactly. Aside from the hummer, people often wonder why I don't drive expensive cars... I had a Z3 for a while (bonus gift from my company circa 2001), a Z06 corvette for a while.... just not my thing...

Dreamers want 250k cars... achievers just wanna enjoy what's sound... a Z06 corvette or a 100k 600hp hummer are plenty!
Not exactly as black and white as you say. Some people are car enthusiasts. Look at Jay Leno, and look at Jay's Garage, he loves autos...classics, Am muscle, exotics, and the oddities. He likes the way the drive, sound, and look. He is a achiever, yet he was a dreamer as well. Seinfeld, Bill Gates, Ralph Lauren have Porsche 959s, that are right now, worth more than what your house is. And let's not forget the Ralph Lauren Collection.

It's one thing to value cars as "status symbols" or a means to show off, and another to appreciate the the r&d, track work, wind tunnel work, styling, engine, interior, and overall fit and finish of that car. And it can be a bonding of sorts...when a attorney I met knew I was into cars and we talked about Porsche's, and he saw that I knew my shit, he told me about his 917 (Worth millions), and come to find out this man gets guided tours of the Porsche facility and is privy to info on new and special cars before it comes out. He new about the Cayman before news was released to the public and the Spyder race car, he told me about it, years before came out.

In short, there are differences and shades of gray, besides, why did you get the Z06, and ultimately the Hummer, and then modded it? You are just like the others in this thread...admit it.

Alex23

« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2010, 10:51:32 PM »
I once read an article about Ferraris... one of the best car pieces I ever read...
This writer was attending one of those Ferraris owners conventions, he was there to write a piece on the event.  This was supposed to be his last work, and then he was retiring and finalizing some savings to buy a new house...  anyways, he went on to explain the experience and meeting all the ferrari owners watching the events they participated in.  Then one of the owners invited him to try out his ferrari... the writer said after 2 minutes of driving the ferrari he thought, "Fuck retiring, fuck the new house, I must have one of these"  The writer then continued the article talking about the car and about the experience, how he felt and then the rest of the convention...
He then finished the piece by saying he is now the proud owner of a brand new ferrari.
That article put a smile on my face  ;D

LOL cool story man.

parker, here's the deal; I've been around Viper clubs, Porsche clubs, Ferrari clubs and of course Hummer H1 clubs...

ALL OF THE ABOVE: 90% of the owners are geek douches, the type of guys who are intimidated by extroverted larger than life guys like us, type of guys who know the specs of their cars/trucks by hearts, realign every screws on the weekend. so the "misconception" that a Bruce wayne comes out of any 150k+ sports car... nothing more wong; most are obsessive upper middle class, guys making in the 200-450k range... and making payments.... amid large ones.

The other 10% are either ultra wealthy guys and younger overachievers at the right place at the right time, for those it's usually just a cool car and don't make a fuss about it.

case close...

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2010, 12:48:07 AM »
so you cant enjoy a car if you cant rabble up all the specs?

newmom

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2010, 04:18:03 AM »
let me ask this question.

My 98 civic needs a distributor and I want to use this car for the snow and commute to work (only 30 miles each way but still). Car never gave me any real problems, should I get a new distributor or re manufactored one?

w8m8

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2010, 04:36:19 AM »
let me ask this question.

My 98 civic needs a distributor and I want to use this car for the snow and commute to work (only 30 miles each way but still). Car never gave me any real problems, should I get a new distributor or re manufactored one?

simple

new

around $200 and includes warranty .. it's chump change for an integral part

newmom

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2010, 04:38:07 AM »
simple

new

around $200 and includes warranty .. it's chump change for an integral part

Actually, my friends son is a honda service tech and can get me a new one for 328 and he is only charging me a 100 to put it in. I'm not sure if auto parts stores carries distributors.
'

w8m8

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2010, 04:46:59 AM »
Actually, my friends son is a honda service tech and can get me a new one for 328 and he is only charging me a 100 to put it in. I'm not sure if auto parts stores carries distributors.
'

auto parts stores carry them and at a lower price .. a few calls and a better friend would cost less .. $100 is not a friends price .. you could do it yourself with instructions

newmom

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2010, 04:55:24 AM »
auto parts stores carry them and at a lower price .. a few calls and a better friend would cost less .. $100 is not a friends price .. you could do it yourself with instructions

That's if he ordered it through Honda, so I'll check this weekend. Yea, me do that, NOT a good idea. Christ, I can't even get frost wire to sync with my IPOD so I doubt I could. I bet he could do it a lot quicker than I ever could.  Goodyear wanted charge 700 bucks and I'm like ugh that would be a big NO

w8m8

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2010, 06:06:23 AM »
That's if he ordered it through Honda, so I'll check this weekend. Yea, me do that, NOT a good idea. Christ, I can't even get frost wire to sync with my IPOD so I doubt I could. I bet he could do it a lot quicker than I ever could.  Goodyear wanted charge 700 bucks and I'm like ugh that would be a big NO

no way would I pay a "friend" a hundred bucks an hour for a simple task  .. and a dealership is always over priced

http://www.ehow.com/how_6787897_install-distributor-1998-honda-civic.html

I will take the time to search and research for anything I want to do ... I would rather do things myself than ask for people to do it for me .. unless it takes a professional there's plenty of things people can do for themselves

In Frostwire
Tools>Options>Saving
Click on Audio under Media Type
Click Browse
C:>Users>(your PC name)>Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Automatically Add To iTunes
Click Select
Your songs should automatically appear in iTunes now when you download this point forward.

newmom

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2010, 05:52:29 PM »
In Frostwire
Tools>Options>Saving
Click on Audio under Media Type
Click Browse
C:>Users>(your PC name)>Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Automatically Add To iTunes
Click Select
Your songs should automatically appear in iTunes now when you download this point forward.

well call me stupid and slap me in the head (go ahead, I know you want to ;D). I finally figured out how to sync it. Thank you w8m8. Now that took an hour and short of me throwing my laptop at the wall, me and a distributor, would probably not be a great idea

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2010, 06:49:41 PM »
If you can afford it (meaning putting half down and financing for 3 years at no interest) then upgrade. If not then get what is affordable.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2010, 07:02:32 PM »
well call me stupid whore and slap me in the head ass (go ahead, I know you want to ;D) while you hit it from behind with a thumb in my butt. I finally figured out how to sync it. Thank you w8m8. Now that took an hour and short of me throwing my laptop at the wall, me and a distributor, would probably not be a great idea

This

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2010, 07:44:41 PM »
If you can afford it (meaning putting half down and financing for 3 years at no interest) then upgrade. If not then get what is affordable.

THIS

Get whatever car you want, forget what people think man!

newmom

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2010, 07:46:14 PM »

I did that with my 2010 accord, 1.9 percent financing. Couldn't pass it up. Honda ISNT making a killing off my purchase.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2010, 07:50:37 PM »
I did that with my 2010 accord, 1.9 percent financing. Couldn't pass it up. Honda ISNT making a killing off my purchase.

w8m8

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2010, 02:36:01 AM »
well call me stupid and slap me in the head (go ahead, I know you want to ;D). I finally figured out how to sync it. Thank you w8m8. Now that took an hour and short of me throwing my laptop at the wall, me and a distributor, would probably not be a great idea

maybe it was wishful thinking