Author Topic: steroids and the cardiovascular system  (Read 1615 times)

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
steroids and the cardiovascular system
« on: October 31, 2010, 02:45:36 PM »
Do you guys ever worry about having fucked up lipid profiles for long peroids of time? The shit can build up plaque on your arteries...elevated blood pressure can also harden up your arteries...I'd like some feedback from veterans who have been using for years and get blood work done

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: steroids and the cardiovascular system
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:30:20 AM »
Yeah, of course i'm worried about it, not just the drug part of the game, but there's many aspects that can contribute to it. For instace i eat a lot of meat and eggs, also i haven't really done proper cardio for allmost a year now (knee injury) recently a female bodybuilder i know (drug free) had to go to the ER after she got a huge muscle spams in her inner thigh ;) i thought it was nothing, but she had blood clot in her leg and really fucked up, liver and kidney values... BTW. Shes drug free (i'm 100% sure of it) but she does take allmost every supplement known to man...

PS. Some time ago few doctors asked me: "is this really worth all of this?" and i said (after a long pause) i sure as hell hope so...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 09:52:35 AM »
Damm that's crazy..,I was so paranoid I went to a cardiologist after havin crazy heart palps and he told me they were benign..he also did all sorts of tests on me and told me I have a healthy heart...I knew a guy in his fifties that juiced for about 15 years. He always ate and trained good his whole life..he just died from a massive heart attack at age 53..I do wonder how this is affecting my internal organs. I don't wana end up like him or dan duchaine. I've decided to do a short cycle once a year of only two compounds as opposed to my 9 month cycles with all kinds of compounds

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 10:18:31 AM »
scary... "is it worth it"? probably not but as long as you feel good...its your hobby afterall, just dont go overboard though.

Stavios

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 11:02:27 AM »
scary... "is it worth it"? probably not but as long as you feel good...its your hobby afterall, just dont go overboard though.

most of us are addicted.
I could say it's just a hobby but I would be lying to myself.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 11:45:49 AM »
most of us are addicted.

100% agreed.

I couldn't stop even if i wanted to...

Thankfully i have been able to keep my drug dosages "low to medium" and do have blood test, even so it sometimes makes me wonder that how much more would be different if i had just stayed with martial arts, i sure as hell wouldn't be taking all kinds of prescription medications at 26...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 01:08:28 PM »
most of us are addicted.

thats why i decided to go off for a while, recuperate (sp?) myself and think about it better,

lesaucer

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 01:38:50 PM »
finished first cycle recently and im very excited to see the blood work results before I start my next one. I will also do a check up for my heart to see if there is any problems. Does normal doctors can do this well or do we really have to see a cardiologist to know 100% sure if we have problems or not?

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 01:50:12 PM »
cardiologist will notice any problems faster than "regular docs" would... But the blood test alone will tell a lot of what is going on.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 02:00:18 PM »
Yes you would need to see a cardiologist...has anybody here used steroids long term and had plaque buildup? Or hardened arteries

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 07:33:44 AM »
finished first cycle recently and im very excited to see the blood work results before I start my next one. I will also do a check up for my heart to see if there is any problems. Does normal doctors can do this well or do we really have to see a cardiologist to know 100% sure if we have problems or not?

Better to see a cardiologist..

once i had some crazy heart palpitations (sp) and went to the doc...i was so scared...when he saw me he started laughing. I told him why? and he told me that im too young to have a "heart attack"...it was more like a "panic attack".

then we did a heart scan, i dont know how its called in english....it was cool, you could see your heart moving on a monitor.lol. everything was fine and heallthy.. :)

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 09:12:26 AM »
Yea I had the same ultrasound test done. Did u get heart palps from bein on cycle?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 12:26:36 PM »
Yea I had the same ultrasound test done. Did u get heart palps from bein on cycle?

I went to the doc scared 2 days after i trained legs. while doing squats, high reps, i stoped to take a break and catch my breath..we all now that after the set our heart is racing....the problem was...its wouldnt stop! i freaked out...it was like 110bpm the whole day...

I stoped training and went home in the home to relax...100-120 bpm the whole day..i couldnt sleep. next morning i could hardly breath scared as shit went to hospital..everything ok wtf...

next day went to the cardiologist everything ok too...he prescribed me some pills to reduce the beats and told me it was from stress...

scary thing and very weird. i thought i was gonna die at a point... :-X

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 04:49:12 PM »
I never experienced Tachycardia...I had pvc's...they were benign but I never had them until taking a heavy cycle for 9 months..